2017 Annual Dues

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As usual another double digit increase in the mousekeeping budget for BLT, How much of the BLT housekeeping budget are the members subsidizing for CRO now????

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
As usual another double digit increase in the mousekeeping budget for BLT, How much of the BLT housekeeping budget are the members subsidizing for CRO now????
Well, if more people like yourself stayed there on points, then it would not have gone up as much. If more people pay cash for the rooms, then DVC has to supply daily mousekeeping for them, so your costs go up.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, if more people like yourself stayed there on points, then it would not have gone up as much. If more people pay cash for the rooms, then DVC has to supply daily mousekeeping for them, so your costs go up.

We WOULD stay more often if the AVAILABILITY was there yet strangely even at 11 months there is little availability and DVC does not want to talk about that fact. I've pinged guide and DVC management about this strange little artifact. Yet if I do a conversion (points to cash) there is all the availability I could ever ask for....

It could not be that that the DVC availability has been artificially restricted so that more profitable CASH rooms can be rented and the DVC'ers pick up the housekeeping bill. That could NEVER happen. Or could it? as pressure to 'Make the numbers better than last quarter' makes corporate guys do strange and less than ethical things.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We WOULD stay more often if the AVAILABILITY was there yet strangely even at 11 months there is little availability and DVC does not want to talk about that fact. I've pinged guide and DVC management about this strange little artifact. Yet if I do a conversion (points to cash) there is all the availability I could ever ask for....

It could not be that that the DVC availability has been artificially restricted so that more profitable CASH rooms can be rented and the DVC'ers pick up the housekeeping bill. That could NEVER happen. Or could it? as pressure to 'Make the numbers better than last quarter' makes corporate guys do strange and less than ethical things.
Well that's very strange, as I see tons of availability at every resort for every room type at 11 months. What exactly are you looking for and at what time?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well that's very strange, as I see tons of availability at every resort for every room type at 11 months. What exactly are you looking for and at what time?

To be fair I have not looked since June as too busy at work for a vacation this year or next, Family will go but I have to work. But I was looking for a grand villa at BLT in early-mid may

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
To be fair I have not looked since June as too busy at work for a vacation this year or next, Family will go but I have to work. But I was looking for a grand villa at BLT in early-mid may
May 6-13 has a BLT Grand Villa with full availability for 743 points right now. Sucks that you can't go, though.

Phonedave

Does it work that way? Shouldn't the cash pay for the additional housekeeping? If a studio takes, for argument's sake, an hour a day to clean, shouldn't DVC be credited one hour of the average loaded labor rate for a housekeeper for every studio night on a cash basis, plus whatever teh average consumables, laundry, and other costs are. If they had to add an other FTE to cover the cash rooms, then that salary shoudl come out of the cash room income, not DVC dues. Technicaly it is against the law to take it from DVC dues, and the independent auditors should catch such a discrepenacy.

-dave

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Does it work that way? Shouldn't the cash pay for the additional housekeeping? If a studio takes, for argument's sake, an hour a day to clean, shouldn't DVC be credited one hour of the average loaded labor rate for a housekeeper for every studio night on a cash basis, plus whatever teh average consumables, laundry, and other costs are. If they had to add an other FTE to cover the cash rooms, then that salary shoudl come out of the cash room income, not DVC dues. Technicaly it is against the law to take it from DVC dues, and the independent auditors should catch such a discrepenacy.

-dave
Actually, I was being facetious. The cost is calculated on the percentage of guests that stay on points versus the guests that pay cash at BLT. So with the increase, it was probably due to more people staying on points, not less. DVC has to pay their part of the over-all mousekeeping, and this year it was more. It has actually gone down a few years in the past due to more people paying cash for the rooms.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What does drive up housekeeping costs are short stays. People that stay for just a night or 2. If I stay for a week they do a full room cleaning 1 time after I check out. If instead 3 people do a short stay in the same week the room has to be fully cleaned 3 times. It probably adds up over time.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
What does drive up housekeeping costs are short stays. People that stay for just a night or 2. If I stay for a week they do a full room cleaning 1 time after I check out. If instead 3 people do a short stay in the same week the room has to be fully cleaned 3 times. It probably adds up over time.
Good point. I wonder what the percentage of shorter stay is? I know that in the past, members would do a lot of Sunday-Thursday stays to avoid the much higher weekend cost, since it was almost double per night. Since they have re-balanced, I wonder if that still happens as often. We never bothered with that, and just went when we wanted to, regardless of point cost.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good point. I wonder what the percentage of shorter stay is? I know that in the past, members would do a lot of Sunday-Thursday stays to avoid the much higher weekend cost, since it was almost double per night. Since they have re-balanced, I wonder if that still happens as often. We never bothered with that, and just went when we wanted to, regardless of point cost.
I think the monorail resorts in general get a lot more short stays since the points are higher and they are popular. I have no actual facts to back that up. Purely anecdotal and speculative on my part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom