FigmentPigments

How go your projects?
Snail = my brain
Turtle = me actually doing the project
slow-down-o.gif

:p:hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
I haven't seen it in years, surprisingly enough and only just saw the Stephen King TV series version of this. I'm still at a loss on how these two versions are so different and the one directed by the author is sooo bad.
I know!:eek: You'd think the author would have a better handle on it. I guess it shows that writing and directing are two different skills.

FigmentPigments

I know!:eek: You'd think the author would have a better handle on it. I guess it shows that writing and directing are two different skills.
True, as a writer/creator we get too close to our own works and don't see the flaws, but my goodness, these were so different! Sometimes Hollywood does get it right in the end.:geek:

spacemt354

Chili's
True, as a writer/creator we get too close to our own works and don't see the flaws, but my goodness, these were so different! Sometimes Hollywood does get it right in the end.:geek:
Also that sometimes teamwork helps.

They actually say that could be the reason why the prequels weren't as well received. Nobody told George Lucas "no" and it wasn't as much of a collaborative effort as the Original trilogy. Apparently there was a story where he wrote the droid factory battle scene in Attack of the Clones on the way to the shoot. :hilarious:

He's a great visionary, but needs help with dialogue and other things. Maybe it's the opposite problem with Stephen King. :p

FigmentPigments

Also that sometimes teamwork helps.

They actually say that could be the reason why the prequels weren't as well received. Nobody told George Lucas "no" and it wasn't as much of a collaborative effort as the Original trilogy. Apparently there was a story where he wrote the droid factory battle scene in Attack of the Clones on the way to the shoot. :hilarious:

He's a great visionary, but needs help with dialogue and other things. Maybe it's the opposite problem with Stephen King. :p
I've never heard some of that before, but it does explain some things about the prequels. :bookworm: I can definitely see where the teamwork would be essential. One of the best projects I worked on as a team was the re-imagining of Discoveryland during the House Cup. Everyone had their own strengths to play to and the project came out great as a result.

So let this be a lesson, Steven King and George Lucas, the word of the day is teamwork. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom