1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Lawsuits against Disney

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by PhotoDave219, Jan 29, 2016.

1. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I'll update it tomorrow. Its really interesting to see what all everyone sues for.

DznyGrlSD and GoofGoof like this.
  2. GoofGoof

GoofGoof Well-Known Member

It is fascinating to see the pure volume of lawsuits. I feel a little guilty laughing at other people's misfortune, but if you want to get paid you gotta put the facts and circumstances out there first.

Professor_Jason and PhotoDave219 like this.
  3. JennSmith

JennSmith Well-Known Member

Are people serious with this crap?! Lol...wow.

4. Jakesky40

Jakesky40 Member

This is the saddest thing I've seen... Nearly all these cases are trip and falls. Learn to walk people. Also you fall somewhere, it's not the freaking company's fault! I slipped on a puddle the other day at a target parking lot. I'm not going to sue Target. Grow up people!

21stamps, JennSmith and GoofGoof like this.
  5. GoofGoof

GoofGoof Well-Known Member

You should have sued the clouds or even better God for making it rain. Now those are some deep pockets:eek::rolleyes:

6. JennSmith

JennSmith Well-Known Member

I read all of the lawsuits last night and seriously could not read some of them with a straight face.
    Who is even representing these people? I knew come people were lawsuit happy but I was never aware that it was this bad :eek:

GoofGoof and 21stamps like this.
  7. daringstoic

daringstoic Active Member

Does anyone know how far back the public record of these types of lawsuits goes? There was an incident that happened at Splash when I was a CP ten years ago that I've always been curious about. A bunch of other CMs has to give statements, and I know the family was threatening to sue, but we never heard anything about it afterward.

It would probably be hard to dig anything up on it since I don't know the name of the guest involved, but reading this thread has reawakened my curiosity.

8. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Just read a report that a family has sued Disney after their little girl tripped on some stairs in the Buena Vista theatre on one of the ships. Says Disney was negligent, failed to warn about hazardous conditions, etc., along with the usual blah, blah, blah about emotional distress and loss of capacity for enjoyment of life. Parents are asking for a jury trail...case was filed in federal court. Report didn't give case number.

9. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Resident "and onion" of the boards Premium Member

I believe the "accident" happened back in 2015 :rolleyes:

10. LAKid53

It did. The parents filed the lawsuit last week, according to what I read.

Cesar R M and Mr Ferret 88 like this.
  11. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

Hey, when all else fails and you arent paying attention while walking down stairs, be sure to sue a year later and say how Disney doesnt have signs that make guests aware of the dangers of not paying attention to how they're walking.

Cesar R M likes this.
  12. pucks98

pucks98 New Member

The problem here is that Disney will not even take care of the injured parties documented loss. I have found that the Disney Claim Reps make promises that they will take care of all of the bills and loss incurred, but then they only offer an amount far below those documented amounts. If Disney would just do what they promise, it is likely the majority of people would never speak with an attorney. I agree there are some cases which are a "money grab", but the many are legitimate injuries.

tissandtully likes this.
  13. Dead2009

The problem is, we don't really know how many of those legit injuries are actual things, and neither does Disney. Someone can easily sprain their ankle cause they were texting while walking and not paying attention and make it out like they broke it or something.

14. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Thanks for compiling and posting -- very entertaining and educational!

15. LAKid53

This popped up in my Google news feed...

"A woman has filed suit against Disney Cruise Lines after her child was injured in a bathroom aboard one of the company’s ships last year.

According to the suit, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division on February 27th, the minor boy tripped and fell in a Disney cruise ship bathroom on March 3, 2016. As he fell he hit his face on a sharp metal part of the tub and suffered injury, the suit alleges.

In the suit, the plaintiff claims that Disney was negligent in not warning passengers of the dangerous conditions in the bathroom, and not mainlining it in safe working order.

The suit seeks damages and interest, and any additional consideration the court may deem appropriate."

Those bathrooms are death traps.... :eek: :rolleyes:

ETA: And here's that deadly bathtub...

Screenshot_20170321-221502.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Omg. What is wrong with people?
    I hope they get $0.
    Unfortunately, we all know that won't happen.
    But I can hope that the case will be thrown out..lol

maroonmol and Darth Sidious like this.
  17. LAKid53

I don't remember any sharp metal part of that tub...and I'll be using it again for the 3rd time for 7 days in 2 weeks....

Cesar R M, maroonmol and 21stamps like this.
  18. Dead2009

Oh good, another lawsuit stemming from the fact that someone's kid decided to play around in the bathroom and paid the price for it.

maroonmol and 21stamps like this.
  19. LAKid53

Just saw an ad for Classaction.com. Guess which law firm this is? Slogan Empowering the People should be a clue....

20. GrumpyDude

GrumpyDude Member

Maybe Disney could have the actual courtroom at one of the parks. THAT would be a very entertaining attraction. They could call it the Mousetrap. Mickey could be the judge, Goofy would represent the claimant, and Grumpy could represent the company. If Mickey rules in favor of the claimant, it goes to a real trial. If the company wins, the claimant and his/her family is barred from all things Disney for life.

Cesar R M and LAKid53 like this.