2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Hello!

I am training and plan to register for the 2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon. I am an AP and frequent WDW visitor but have never done a race. I'll be planning a trip around this event and was hoping to get some advice on planning and general tips on what I can expect for the event. Anyone out there who has participated that can give me a few pointers? I really appreciate it.

dreamfinder

I'd suggest digging through the W&D sticky, as well as looking through older posts for any event recap posts. The biggest advice I can give you is to pay attention to the time of the race. Since it is at night, lots of people still hit up the parks, and aren't fully rested for the race. Knowing your limits is keys. I would also suggest doing some late night training runs to simulate the event as much as possible. You may not be able to do a 10pm (or whatever the start is now) 1/2 marathon at home unless you have a lit track or 24hr gym, but doing what you can will be helpful. Especially if your body is used to running at 5am or something like that, doing some simulated night runs will help to adapt.

WDWArchitectureGuy

Hello!

I am training and plan to register for the 2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon. I am an AP and frequent WDW visitor but have never done a race. I'll be planning a trip around this event and was hoping to get some advice on planning and general tips on what I can expect for the event. Anyone out there who has participated that can give me a few pointers? I really appreciate it.
I agree with dreamfinder. My wife and I did our first W&D in 2013. The night training was key.
We like to go to the Food & Wine Festival to EAT. and I mean EAT. What is great about this year is the dates have extended so there is an entire week of the Festival AFTER the race. So we're planning on arriving early Friday for the Expo, then we'll wake up early Saturday, run the Jingle Jungle 5k. Then take it easy that morning, maybe some DTD shopping, easy lunch, go back to our room, take a few hour nap, then get up and prep for and head to the buses for the 1/2. We enjoy the after party for maybe an hour or so. Get a good nights sleep. Then some early park time at MK, HS, and AK. Then afternoons and evenings of FOOD for the next 5 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom