1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 WDWMagic Family Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Kingdom Konsultant, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JennK

JennK New Member

Thanks for the tip, off to check out Etsy now!

Do you know roughly how many cabins are participating in the FE? Just trying to get an idea of how many gifts I need to get. I've got some ideas that I need to start working on :)

Kingdom Konsultant likes this.
  2. Kingdom Konsultant

Kingdom Konsultant WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor Original Poster Premium Member WDWMAGIC Sponsor

I have only heard back from about 8 of the families. I am hoping to hear back from the rest this weekend. I am working on a master list now.

Pam

JennK likes this.
  3. JennK

JennK New Member

Awesome. Thanks, Pam!

4. Kingdom Konsultant

Kingdom Konsultant WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor Original Poster Premium Member WDWMAGIC Sponsor

Don't forget to get your Fish extender also. Look up the 4 pocket ones on Etsy if you are not making one yourself. I bought mine from there.

Pam

JennK likes this.
  5. sissa216

sissa216 Well-Known Member

I am going to be brave and try to make one myself :) I found a few ideas that I think I may be able to tackle!!

6. NHMouse

NHMouse Member

I'm making ours too.Will need to reconfigure it after my April cruise. So I have to consider that.

7. Gaston's gal

Gaston's gal Well-Known Member

This is going to be such a fabulous trip. Who can turn down a trip with 2 stops at Castaway Cay? Best island ever!!!

JennK and Kingdom Konsultant like this.
  8. Kingdom Konsultant

I can't wait!! I absolutely love Castaway Cay! We will announce the second annual cruise dates before we go so hopefully anyone that couldn't go this year, can join us next year!

Pam

Gaston's gal likes this.
  9. lebeau

lebeau Well-Known Member

We made our own Fish Extenders. I'm not at all craftsy, but I found a cheap and easy idea. I'll share it for anyone who is interested.

You need some canvas bags. I bought 4 for $10 at Michael's. Cut one handle off the bag that will be at the top. For all the others, cut off both handles but leave yourself a stub to work with. Then use fabric glue or a glue gun to attach each bag to the one above it forming a chain of pockets.

You can then decorate your bags however you like. I bought some iron on transfer sheets and just printed up some decorations which could be ironed on to the pouches.

Total cost was $18. Total time was about a half hour.

10. sissa216

sissa216 Well-Known Member

oh good idea!
    Last year we discovered how much fun it was to make personalized shirts with a machine to cut out designs in vinyl- and I think I could have a lot of fun using it to decorate!

Kingdom Konsultant and lebeau like this.
  11. JennK

JennK New Member

Great idea! I found instructions online to make one with pencil pouches from the Dollar store that I was going to try, but using canvas bags sounds better! They'll have more room to hold stuff :)

12. Kingdom Konsultant

I cheated an bought mine pre-made from Etsy LOL

Pam

mammaminnie and sissa216 like this.
  13. lebeau

lebeau Well-Known Member

There were some really impressive ones on Etsy.

14. Kingdom Konsultant

I know! It was hard to choose one LOL

Pam

15. mammaminnie

mammaminnie Well-Known Member

There are more rooms available for 4 and 5 person families if anyone is interested! They were all previously sold out, but it looks like a few have opened back up.

16. Kingdom Konsultant

I just quoted 3 families for this. I'm just waiting to hear back!!!

Pam

17. Kingdom Konsultant

95 days out!

Pam

JennK likes this.
  18. JennK

JennK New Member

All checked in and port adventures booked!! 90 days to go, yippie!!!! :D:D:D

Speaking of port adventures, has anyone done the Castaway Cay Jet Ski Adventure with kids? I was a little confused when booking, and I want to make sure that it was done right. Figured I'd ask here before calling :) It says to book 1 ticket per double rider jetski. I selected both my husband and I as participants, but my children did not come up as eligible, even though they are above the 8 year old age limit. Am I correct in thinking that by booking both my husband and I that we both will be able to have one of our children as our double rider?

19. Kingdom Konsultant

You are correct. I had this with another client that had an excursion booked and her daughter was not showing.

Pam

JennK likes this.
  20. JennK

JennK New Member

Excellent! Thanks, Pam!