2015 Speculation

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
A lot earlier this week a DCL TA sent out this note to their cruisers, with nice kind comments,

Quote:
One of our Guests from the UK, Andrew xxx , is and avid DCL fan and is generally spot-on when it comes to predictions on upcoming itineraries. Below are his guesses on DCL's yet to be announced itineraries for the remainder of 2015.

"Magic Summer, Baltic (June July) and Med 7 night cruises ( Mid to Late August, ) also Winter Southern Caribbean Cruises from San Juan, - some at school holiday time.

Wonder Alaska 7 and 9 nights, with Hawaii in September.

Of course Fantasy now has Tortola, and think a second ship Wonder or Magic may go there as well or Fantasy only does Easterns in Winter. IMHO no New York, Question? DCL doesn't need to keep Dream at Port Canaveral but can't see 3/4 nights dropped so might just stay there, I think there is a surprise in there as well something new, not just repos from Baltic to Barcelona. Mention of Amsterdam, going further than before and better ports or slots than before winning ports of other lines, I think they may be out within two weeks, maybe next or following Tuesday.

Wonder big dry dock 2016 in Cadiz or Vancouver. With Baltic I have heard three separate rumors , Dover or Harwich 12 nights, or 7 nights from Copenhagen, could mean 14 night repo Copenhagen to Barcelona. But one said Far East Med, Anyway either a lot of rumors or someone is having a laugh and spreading lots of false ones. Don't take this as firm these are rumors only! We shall see!"

Another very good TA has said.

Quote:
2015 Disney Cruise Line Itineraries
Posted by xxxxxx in Disney Cruise Line, New York City, Itineraries, 2015, New Orleans, Baltic, Cadiz.
There is so much buzz about when the 2015 cruise itineraries for summer and fall 2015 will come out from Disney Cruise Line. One agent was certain that they would come out “within 48 hours” a couple days ago, but nothing. Personally, I think we could see the new itineraries as soon as mid-February, but possibly not until March or April. So we wait, and speculate, and wait some more.
I thought now would be a good time to speculate! I also want to hear what you think might be happening. Here are my ideas with little basis for these thoughts.
Disney Dream – 3 and 4 night Bahamas sailings from Port Canaveral on Fridays and Mondays
Disney Fantasy – alternating 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings from Port Canaveral with the addition of Tortola for an Eastern Caribbean port for at least some of the Eastern sailings
Disney Wonder – I predict that she will head over to Cadiz, Spain to undergo a major drydock like the Disney Magic did last year. I think this will happen in May rather than after the season and the Wonder will then go up to the United Kingdom and then do Baltic sailings for the summer months. Following the Baltic sailings, there may be some Mediterranean sailings and then a Transatlantic where she will go back to Port Canaveral, Miami or New Orleans. Yes, New Orleans!! If she goes to New Orleans, I’m hoping we will see some new Western Caribbean stops.
Disney Magic – I predict that she will go up to New York City again and have sailings to Canada to include a stop at Quebec City, maybe alternating sailings with Bermuda or the Bahamas and possibly a couple 2 night sailings again. In the fall, I think she will return to Florida for Bahamas and Caribbean sailings.
Unfortunately, I’m predicting no Alaska sailings for the summer of 2015.
I know that the Disney Wonder showed up on the port calendar for a few days in Hawaii, but was removed. I know a lot of you would like to see Hawaii again, and I hope I’m wrong for your sakes, but I can’t figure that one out into my prediction.
Of course, I could be totally wrong with these predictions, but hey, it’s fun to speculate! What do you think DCL will do in 2015? Where would you like to see them go?

This TA is very well respected but we were told on the Wonder that the Wonder is going to Alaska in 2015 and 2016, DCL has a five year port agreement in Alaska from 2011, and if they were not going to Alaska why would the Wonder appear in Hawaii and why in dry dock didn't they fit the duck tail the only reason was they have to go through Panama. Alaska fills up quickly and has a high price point the same as Europe against cruises in the summer in the Caribbean, Also shore trips in Alaska and Europe are expensive well used and bring in high commission.

I think the Wonder dry dock will now be 2016 and either Cadiz or Vancouver with Cadiz workers. I think an slightly incorrect Spanish newspaper report that the Wonder will dry dock there in Cadiz in 2015 might be the cause of this speculation, unless plans changed very recently, lastly if it's the Wonder in Europe in 2015 why does Magic appear in late August in some Med ports.

Disneyfalcon

I'm with you. The Wonder is going to Hawaii and Alaska. The Magic is doing the Med and Baltic.

I'm sure Disney is itching to get back to New York, but I really think they'll stick with Europe in 15.

I wonder if it's possible that the Dream would go to New York and the Fantasy would switch to 3 and 4 night sailings? I think if there are any big surprises (I don't think Europe and Alaska are surprises) that's it.

TDF

I'm with you. The Wonder is going to Hawaii and Alaska. The Magic is doing the Med and Baltic.

I'm sure Disney is itching to get back to New York, but I really think they'll stick with Europe in 15.

I wonder if it's possible that the Dream would go to New York and the Fantasy would switch to 3 and 4 night sailings? I think if there are any big surprises (I don't think Europe and Alaska are surprises) that's it.
That got me thinking. In the summer 7 night cruises aren’t really that big… most cruise lines abounded the Caribbean because of fears with hurricanes and of course the heat factor. I honestly have major doubts that it will happen but it sure would be interesting.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster

If I was them that's what I would do.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
That got me thinking. In the summer 7 night cruises aren’t really that big… most cruise lines abounded the Caribbean because of fears with hurricanes and of course the heat factor. I honestly have major doubts that it will happen but it sure would be interesting.
Seven nights are a big thing but 3 and 4 nights make the money, there is " really " a limit on what people will pay so hence the number of smaller cruises high turnover say two sets of cruisers a week, two sets of photos, two lots of shopping, the per day rate is often higher.

There is over supply in the Caribbean in the winter all ships there exhaust the market, back in 2005 and 2008 and 2010 DCL only had 3 and 4 night cruises on the Wonder during the summer as the magic went elsewhere to earn more money in Europe. That was the Wonder with circa 2500 Dream has 4000 people.

More variety will sell more cruises now the ships have last their inaugural season curiosity.

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

More variety will sell more cruises now the ships have last there incur gal season curiosity.

Your posts are very interesting and thought provoking. This last sentence got me thinking that maybe spell correct got the "lost their inaugural season curiosty". Or is it talk to text mistranslation?

Edit: I see you corrected it.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
I also really thought this was the week. Now I'm wondering if they'll delay, at least until next week, because of all of the recent bad press on cruise ship illnesses.

If they were going for a release this week I think we would know by now, there has been a bit of a pattern in recent weeks of things occurring that always seem to prelude a release, ( ie one is Port bookings seen on the Internet), we did have one years release delayed by the Costa Concordia, but Noro virus should have too much of an affect IMHO. Lots of TAs seem to be " itchy" one this week posted and was sure there would be a release last week.

I am swinging towards a release on the 11th now as it's still a bit too quite, some good rumours so we are on Red alert for something soon.

I think maybe they haven't been able to train all their staff or haven't got everyone in, or there is a delay in accounts working out prices, maybe seeing where other lines open their prices first.

Disneyfalcon

I looked back and last year it was the second week of February, the year before that the last week of January. So I am definitely itchy!! Lol :)

I saw one TA post last Tuesday night that it was definitely going to be the next day. And then, "Oh, it wasn't". :)

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
I looked back and last year it was the second week of February, the year before that the last week of January. So I am definitely itchy!! Lol :)

I saw one TA post last Tuesday night that it was definitely going to be the next day. And then, "Oh, it wasn't". :)

I think that was based on something , their not going to believe it's coming and say so without some basis, maybe a false dawn but whilst they were wrong , in some way it was based on clues they were reading.

I would have expected a bit more Internet noise and hard rumours by tonight if it's going to be next week, so I think we are talking Valentines week, how romantic!

Someone will post a leak this week.

TDF

Hey 4/3 night cruises are definitely the gold of Disney Cruise Lines but I just don’t see Disney in New York. Most cruise companies have cut Canada cruises, especially during the summer and Bermuda is so packed right now. There is a 10 year agreement with Norwegian who has two ships sailing there, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean who sail once weekly. I don’t think Florida/Bahamas cruises did it for Disney… especially since they where 8 night cruises. If anything we will have like Fall Canada/New England cruises which will do terrible with families because we are back in school. My new guesses:

Magic:
- Jan- Apr: Port Canaveral
- May- July: Repositioning and Baltic Cruises
- August: European Cruises
- Sept- Oct: Either Canada or San Juan again
- Nov- Dec: Either Port Canaveral or New Orleans.

Wonder:
- Jan- Apr: Miami
- May- September: Alaska, with one repositioning cruise from Alaska to California via Hawaii.
- October- Dec: Miami- Contract?

Dream:
- I Just don’t see her leaving the Bahamas. There is no way… she is well known there, staff know the cruise, just don’t see it happening. Plus she is literally the cash cow of DCL.

Fantasy:
- I honestly have no idea. I know they signed with Tortola so that is a given… but I do see potential to even send her up Europe or even NYC or San Juan. Honestly she is the newest DCL ship and if DCL follows other cruise lines… usually the newest and biggest sails Europe and Caribbean.

Disneyfalcon

I will say the New York cruises sold very very well. Even the 2 night prices were insane. The only ones they had trouble selling were the September Canada cruises which obviously interfered with school schedules. I'm sure Disney is itching to get back up there.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Hey 4/3 night cruises are definitely the gold of Disney Cruise Lines but I just don’t see Disney in New York. Most cruise companies have cut Canada cruises, especially during the summer and Bermuda is so packed right now. There is a 10 year agreement with Norwegian who has two ships sailing there, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean who sail once weekly. I don’t think Florida/Bahamas cruises did it for Disney… especially since they where 8 night cruises. If anything we will have like Fall Canada/New England cruises which will do terrible with families because we are back in school. My new guesses:

Magic:
- Jan- Apr: Port Canaveral
- May- July: Repositioning and Baltic Cruises
- August: European Cruises
- Sept- Oct: Either Canada or San Juan again
- Nov- Dec: Either Port Canaveral or New Orleans.

Wonder:
- Jan- Apr: Miami
- May- September: Alaska, with one repositioning cruise from Alaska to California via Hawaii.
- October- Dec: Miami- Contract?

Dream:
- I Just don’t see her leaving the Bahamas. There is no way… she is well known there, staff know the cruise, just don’t see it happening. Plus she is literally the cash cow of DCL.

Fantasy:
- I honestly have no idea. I know they signed with Tortola so that is a given… but I do see potential to even send her up Europe or even NYC or San Juan. Honestly she is the newest DCL ship and if DCL follows other cruise lines… usually the newest and biggest sails Europe and Caribbean.

Interesting and I agree and see a lot of logic in all of that Think there will be more Southern Caribbean from San Juan rather than Canada but it's feasible.

One thing do remember when the Wonder did the Bahamas run it did surprise everyone with a couple of Long Southern Caribbean cruises so there is a prescient for the Dream to follow there.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
I will say the New York cruises sold very very well. Even the 2 night prices were insane. The only ones they had trouble selling were the September Canada cruises which obviously interfered with school schedules. I'm sure Disney is itching to get back up there.

But non cruise fare income will be very low on NY cruises, the WDW ticket is included so no shore trip sales and cruisers off for a long day, Castaway minimal bar Cabanas and Nassau most people go DIY, Europe and Alaska gets considerable commission income from expensive shore trips where USA cruisers prefer to trust Disney, and commission on shops recommended. Aldo currency exchange turn in Europe.

I think DCL is doing everything it can at the moment to boost non cruise fare income, Palo, Remy, Internet, etc, Shore trips etc, on ship and off ship shops, I think they will aim for a big increase on that.

There were I recall offers on the later NY cruises?

EOD K9

@Disneyfalcon Tammy, can you tell me what the NY cruises were like? And by insane do you mean good or bad. NY is a three hour drive for me. I'd love to get on a cruise with Disney so close to home.

Disneyfalcon

There were I recall offers on the later NY cruises?

Correct! Those were the September sailings I referred to. I sailed on an amazing military special on a September Canada cruise.

@Disneyfalcon Tammy, can you tell me what the NY cruises were like? And by insane do you mean good or bad. NY is a three hour drive for me. I'd love to get on a cruise with Disney so close to home.

Insane bad! Hah! They were super expensive and booked up quick. They were summer cruises though, and summer is always more. The prices should be better as time goes by, the first season would naturally be very popular.

It was a four hour drive for us and we loved it. Boarding a Disney ship within driving distance from us, and in a different location was a great experience. The Canada itinerary was a great one as well.

joanna71985

Oh those look nice! I hope the second half is released soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom