2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Never done this purely because of the price. I'm sure it's great fun but we're at the parks so much anyway that I can't really see what more I'd get from the MK during it than candy, parades and a show or two? I'm not knocking it or those who attend and I am curious, it's just looking at the price for two kills my curiosity somewhat :eek:
And that is my general feeling. I am already paying $100 plus hopper on 2 tickets. I'll just go ahead and leave MK and go to Epcot for the extra 2 hours they are open. I am sure its a really cool experience though.

mergatroid

And that is my general feeling. I am already paying $100 plus hopper on 2 tickets. I'll just go ahead and leave MK and go to Epcot for the extra 2 hours they are open. I am sure its a really cool experience though.

To be honest the reason I'd never done HHN at Universal before last year was because I assumed they had the same policy as Disney and made you pay one day entrance on top of the 'special event' price. When I discovered they didn't I wish I'd realised years ago.

draybook

This wasn't a personal attack on you by any means and I hope you didn't take it that way. We just don't care of any parades or fireworks really, we are all about the attractions, so we couldn't justify MNSSHP. I understand some find it entertaining and to each their own. I am just stating that it is disappointing to have the park close so early on a weekend night. We just don't see value in 5 hours of Halloween decorations/parades or fireworks for an additional $150 dollars. Maybe we will change our minds and check it out but its hard to get into Halloween in September in Florida.

Actually, you can get in at 4pm, so it's 8 hours of absolute AWESOMENESS!!!!!

Matt_Black

My last trip, my mother and I went to MNSSHP with no kids in tow (though we both are trying to pressure my brother to let us snag the nephew for a trip in the future). We had a blast. The parade, fireworks, special character meets... I'd gladly do it again. It's especially fun to do in costume, because characters WILL react to whatever you're wearing.

Thumper 32

To be honest the reason I'd never done HHN at Universal before last year was because I assumed they had the same policy as Disney and made you pay one day entrance on top of the 'special event' price. When I discovered they didn't I wish I'd realised years ago.

To quote Anna, "Wait, what?" o_O

Neither Disney nor Universal make you buy the party ticket on top of the day ticket. Two separate things.

mergatroid

To quote Anna, "Wait, what?" o_O

Neither Disney nor Universal make you buy the party ticket on top of the day ticket. Two separate things.

No, I didn't say they make you buy special event tickets unless I'm misunderstanding your answer my friend? A good number of years ago we inquired about getting tickets for MNSSHP at the ticket booth. We were told by the CM that if you wanted to attend that event that you had to also have a valid entry ticket such as a 1-7 day pass or AP etc. Basically they were saying we couldn't just purchase a MNSSHP ticket on it's own, have they changed this rule now or were we told duff information?

I know at Universal you don't have to purchase a day ticket to gain entrance into HHN as we've purchased them already and will be going just for the evening event like we did last year.

djlaosc

No, I didn't say they make you buy special event tickets unless I'm misunderstanding your answer my friend? A good number of years ago we inquired about getting tickets for MNSSHP at the ticket booth. We were told by the CM that if you wanted to attend that event that you had to also have a valid entry ticket such as a 1-7 day pass or AP etc. Basically they were saying we couldn't just purchase a MNSSHP ticket on it's own, have they changed this rule now or were we told duff information?

I know at Universal you don't have to purchase a day ticket to gain entrance into HHN as we've purchased them already and will be going just for the evening event like we did last year.

You can get into Magic Kingdom at 7pm officially with a party ticket without a "day ticket". However, they do allow you in from 4pm with a party ticket without a "day ticket".

Bairstow

Never done this purely because of the price. I'm sure it's great fun but we're at the parks so much anyway that I can't really see what more I'd get from the MK during it than candy, parades and a show or two? I'm not knocking it or those who attend and I am curious, it's just looking at the price for two kills my curiosity somewhat :eek:

To be honest, I didn't really care at all about the parades, shows, candy, or any of the "official" fun.

The appeal was getting to be in costume and seeing everyone else in costume. It sounds like a minor thing, but it's really such a reversal of the usual guest/tourist dynamic when you're given the opportunity to wear a costume clever enough to get surprised looks and compliments from other people, CMs included. It's just a really fun atmosphere and with the alternative lighting lighting and music you get to experience the park in a whole different way.

I also really like the fact that you can't really get into the park until 4, so it's one of the few times where I'm kind of forced to take the first part of the day easy, sleep in, and do a little swimming or resort-hopping.

asianway

As a travel agent I have a hard time getting adults to jump on this. I don't understand. I was 30, dressed as Minnie Mouse and filling up that bag with candy. What's the hesitation?!
Because for $70 I can buy a lot of candy?

Don't get me wring I think there's a lot of value at MNSSHP if you're not an AP and like meet n greets. Other than that and the parade? It's not for everyone

aka_emilicious

That is literally the main reason my wife gives the green light on going to three parties. They could just have him run by and she'd be okay spending that money....
Last year my friends and I had a late lunch at trails end and decided to kill sometime wandering through the Tri-Circle-D Ranch. I would highly suggest striking up a conversation with the cast members there about the horses and the headless horseman ride.

OliveMcFly

Because for $70 I can buy a lot of candy?

Don't get me wring I think there's a lot of value at MNSSHP if you're not an AP and like meet n greets. Other than that and the parade? It's not for everyone
You have a point. I'm big on Halloween, I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom