2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

CJLove79

Me and my girl are planning to do BOG breakfast at 8am and plan on staying in MK all day into the Party in two weeks. Are there any other places besides the front entrance where we can get the Party wristbands? Since we're staying all day there, can we go to any CM and ask them for one? I already have my tickets printed out and plan on bringing them with us.

G00fyDad

Me and my girl are planning to do BOG breakfast at 8am and plan on staying in MK all day into the Party in two weeks. Are there any other places besides the front entrance where we can get the Party wristbands? Since we're staying all day there, can we go to any CM and ask them for one? I already have my tickets printed out and plan on bringing them with us.

I may be mistaken, but I think you can still pick these up from CM's walking around closer to the party time. However, wouldn't you be back near the front of the park at some point so you could run in guest services to get your band?

CJLove79

I may be mistaken, but I think you can still pick these up from CM's walking around closer to the party time. However, wouldn't you be back near the front of the park at some point so you could run in guest services to get your band?
Nope, we have a dinner at BOG and FPs that'll keep us deep inside the park for awhile. Plus, we wanted to avoid the front entrance rush that's guaranteed to happen. LOL. If we have to go get the wristbands from the front, we'll have no choice but to. But I wanted to ask if there's other places to get one.

G00fyDad

Nope, we have a dinner at BOG and FPs that'll keep us deep inside the park for awhile. Plus, we wanted to avoid the front entrance rush that's guaranteed to happen. LOL. If we have to go get the wristbands from the front, we'll have no choice but to. But I wanted to ask if there's other places to get one.

I remember CM's passing these out in the back of the park before, but it was around 3 years ago the last time we went to MNSSHP.

dhslxop

MNSSHP 2001....just because

Wow - I definitely love the variety of music in the parade. Something I noticed - the "villains" float is using the same recording that played during the halloween section of "Everyday's a Holiday". I know they've reused the song before (they used a version of it in the Mix & Mingle before they introduced Dr. Facilier into the show), but did they commonly use the same recordings between shows/parades?

HauntedMansionFLA

When does the rush start? 7 p.m.? LOL

G00fyDad

I don't ever remember seeing a rush at the front, but that may be just because we are already well inside the park at that time for the party. We usually eat at LTT at 6:00pm, but on our last trip we ate at BoG at 6:00pm. Completely worth it! Once we are done eating we go to the restroom to change into the costumes.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Tonight was not sold out and was hectic. The first parade was rained off until nearly 10pm and the fireworks started at around 1020 pm no celebrate. Then the 2nd parade didn't hit the Hub until 1140 pm with the last hocus show right after about 1215 am. CMs had no idea what was going on and caused confusion with guests.

Daniel Johnson

You going the 16th? We will be at the party then!

Journey_On

When I was at the party on 9/27, there was a wristband distribution sign near Laugh Floor & Buzz.

ght

Why were they closed? They were both running on the 22nd? That's 2 major rides out- not good.

This year was our first MNSSHP at WDW and last year we went to DL's party. We prefer DL's party, by far. IMHO, they need to do more 'party' things. Among other things, DL has the Nightmare HM overlay and Ghost Glaxay(SM) lighting, plus the fog on the river- a very cool effect. We were disappointed that WDW's SM had nothing different and there wasn't a bit of fog on the River. It would have been a very nice touch, even if just in one area. We had a good time, but was hoping for a bit more 'special' differences from the norm.
Just got back from WDW after going to the Thursday party and I agree and disagree with you. I thought WDW had a lot more as far as entertainment goes, great fireworks, a much better parade and the Hocus Pocus show (which was just as great as everyone says). I also hate the Nightmare overlay so I appreciated the spookier version at WDW, particularly with the ghost interacting with the guests in front. However, overall the park is barely decorated and other than the big inflatable pumpkin signs marking the treat trails there wasn't much distinguishing it from a normal night. I also didn't like how few candy stops there were on the treat trails. At DL there are multiple stations along each trail where at WDW it seemed like there was only one station at the end and that was it. The biggest difference was how crowded it was, way more people that DL even though DL sells out almost every night. Also the crowds stayed the whole night, where they tend to thin out some after 10 at DL. This makes sense though, given the entertainment options still going on at the WDW party. Overall it was a lot of fun and as a "party" it is probably better than DL, but "Halloween Time" at DL is much better than at WDW, if that makes any sense.

One other thing I was disappointed in was the CMs this trip. I haven't been in 6 years, but I remember the first time I went to DL the one thing I thought that WDW had them beat was the CMs and how friendly they were (not that DL's were bad, I just thought WDW's were really good). After this trip that is no longer the case. The character CMs were great and some of the others were fine but there were a lot that were either rude or simply not friendly/professional (I am looking at you, the dudebro from Village Haus). The worst was at the Grand Floridian (we went for tea for my wife and daughter and while it was $$$ it was a lot of fun) where I saw a CM chatting with another gentleman throwing around curse words while children were present. I was stunned by that at a Disney resort. I don't know if it is a change in the training or the demographics have changed. I noticed a lot more older retirees as CMs. There isn't anything wrong with being an older retiree (and some were great), but I wonder if they lack the enthusiasm of a younger person in a "dream" job.

Clamman73

Just got back from WDW after going to the Thursday party and I agree and disagree with you. I thought WDW had a lot more as far as entertainment goes, great fireworks, a much better parade and the Hocus Pocus show (which was just as great as everyone says). I also hate the Nightmare overlay so I appreciated the spookier version at WDW, particularly with the ghost interacting with the guests in front. However, overall the park is barely decorated and other than the big inflatable pumpkin signs marking the treat trails there wasn't much distinguishing it from a normal night. I also didn't like how few candy stops there were on the treat trails. At DL there are multiple stations along each trail where at WDW it seemed like there was only one station at the end and that was it. The biggest difference was how crowded it was, way more people that DL even though DL sells out almost every night. Also the crowds stayed the whole night, where they tend to thin out some after 10 at DL. This makes sense though, given the entertainment options still going on at the WDW party. Overall it was a lot of fun and as a "party" it is probably better than DL, but "Halloween Time" at DL is much better than at WDW, if that makes any sense.

One other thing I was disappointed in was the CMs this trip. I haven't been in 6 years, but I remember the first time I went to DL the one thing I thought that WDW had them beat was the CMs and how friendly they were (not that DL's were bad, I just thought WDW's were really good). After this trip that is no longer the case. The character CMs were great and some of the others were fine but there were a lot that were either rude or simply not friendly/professional (I am looking at you, the dudebro from Village Haus). The worst was at the Grand Floridian (we went for tea for my wife and daughter and while it was $$$ it was a lot of fun) where I saw a CM chatting with another gentleman throwing around curse words while children were present. I was stunned by that at a Disney resort. I don't know if it is a change in the training or the demographics have changed. I noticed a lot more older retirees as CMs. There isn't anything wrong with being an older retiree (and some were great), but I wonder if they lack the enthusiasm of a younger person in a "dream" job.
I was at the Thursday party too and thought it was pretty packed even though I never heard it was sold out. I've been to a sold out one and thought it was just as crowded. I got Splash and Thunder walk on usually, and Space too, but as usual Dwarfs certainly wasn't...At about 1030/1100 I said to myself I'm done and got out of there...just walking around was just packed with people.

The CM thing...I had one at SSE during loading who was saying "two by two" and I'm telling her "one" and she's basically ignoring me...I'm thinking what the heck is up with her if she's not taking into account that maybe I don't want to sit with a stranger next to me the whole way through SSE (which actually happened b/c the people behind me heard the same thing). I was ready to go to guest relations which I would never do for anything, but that got to me that a CM was doing that especially at the time when SSE was walk-on.
There was another instance at MK when a CM was in a bossy line management type of mood which just doesn't sit right with me. There's a certain tact that CMs should be taught in training or should inherently have...

YodaMan

one good thing.... Jack and Sally came out at 5:10 and started the meet and greet, by 7pm the line was 3 hours long!!!! We lined up at 5:15 and got out by about 6pm. So if you want a picture with them I would get there by 5:30 at the latest.

Did they start meeting with guests at 5:10 or 6:10? Just checking.

flisney

After 4pm you can get the wristbands at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Tortuga Tavern or Fantasy Faire! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom