2015 ICS Elite Eight: Discussion Thread

Zweiland

Original Poster
3426355_orig.png

1433432_orig.png

This is the discussion thread for the 2015 Elite Eight Competition. Please keep all non-competition posts here. The main thread can be found by following THIS LINK.

tcool123

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.

You know which time I mean. It's the time when snow starts to fall, and frost gathers on the windowpanes. When you can see your breath even while indoors, and you don't want to risk opening your door for fear that a pile of snow 6 feet tall will come crashing down. For most people, the arrival of this time is a signal to huddle inside by the fireplace under a blanket for a few months. But not for the Imagineering forum. For us, this is a time to huddle inside by the fireplace under a blanket WITH A COMPUTER for a few months! And you know why? Because... it's tournament season!
Or the Floridian Version of this (Specifically South Florida, the North gets to cold for all of this to be true)
  • More Rain Falls
  • Raindrops Roll Down Windowpanes
  • You can't see your breath unless you visit your local ice rink
  • You don't want to risk driving with the crazies
  • It's time to continue the usual schedule, followed by the one to seven days of winter
  • It is time to relax with the cooling AC on
  • Once it reaches below about 70 bring out the blankets, sweaters, and other wintery things.
:p:D:rolleyes:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I live in Central Florida, and it rarely dips below 60 in the afternoons, even in the colder winter months (We do have a few 40 degree mornings up here).

What Tcool said is 100% true though.

And also, this is a good spot to admit a dark secret of mine.

I slightly prefer Universal Orlando over Disney World (I still enjoy both resorts though).

Go ahead, chuck sticks at me or something.. :(

Last edited:

tcool123

I live in Central Florida, and it rarely dips below 60 in the afternoons, even in the colder winter months (We do have a few 40 degree mornings up here).

What Tcool said is 100% true though.

And also, this is a good spot to admit a dark secret of mine.

I slightly prefer Universal Orlando over Disney World (I still enjoy both resorts though).

Go ahead, chuck sticks at me or something.. :(
I believe the Pan Handle area gets pretty cold. I think I've only had a 40 Degrees day many years back.

latest

I kid, I kid. I like UO and WDW equally. And SWO a bit less, but I still like it. I have no love for Legoland. Might be due to the fact I have no real nostalgia for legos?

tcool123

70 degrees is freezing! :p @tcool123 South Florida's great isn't it :D
Nonsense 75 is when you start getting worried of a cold night. Of course with humidity it'll feel more like 80ish :rolleyes:.
Oh yes it's very nice three four hours from Orlando, a constant temperature of it's too hot!, no parking to be found at any of the malls(I suppose this is a nation wide problem however), and apparently tourists at the beaches year long.

Plus I've heard 20th Century Fox is planning to build a theme park resort here near Zoo Miami. It'll be like a mini Orlando when WDW first opened. Except for the fact it'll open with another park already open. That park being Zoo Miami which I'm excited for the new supposed ride they're opening next year.
tumblr_mqrlfxMym81szisqro1_400.gif

Flippin'Flounder

Nonsense 75 is when you start getting worried of a cold night. Of course with humidity it'll feel more like 80ish :rolleyes:.
Oh yes it's very nice three four hours from Orlando, a constant temperature of it's too hot!, no parking to be found at any of the malls(I suppose this is a nation wide problem however), and apparently tourists at the beaches year long.

Plus I've heard 20th Century Fox is planning to build a theme park resort here near Zoo Miami. It'll be like a mini Orlando when WDW first opened. Except for the fact it'll open with another park already open. That park being Zoo Miami which I'm excited for the new supposed ride they're opening next year.
tumblr_mqrlfxMym81szisqro1_400.gif
I don't think I've ever been to Zoo Miami. I usually go to the Palm Beach Zoo :p

tcool123

I don't think I've ever been to Zoo Miami. I usually go to the Palm Beach Zoo :p
Zoo Miami is my local, and my favorite zoo I've been so far. (So far Zoo Miami, Palm Beach, and Lion Country Safari(Does that count?)) I've gone to Palm Beach a couple times, I'm not very fond of that zoo for some reasono_O. It could be it is too far from me?

Flippin'Flounder

Zoo Miami is my local, and my favorite zoo I've been so far. (So far Zoo Miami, Palm Beach, and Lion Country Safari(Does that count?)) I've gone to Palm Beach a couple times, I'm not very fond of that zoo for some reasono_O. It could be it is too far from me?
It's not that great, but fun. I love Lion Country Safari though. I was in Ohio for 4th of July and went to the Columbus Zoo, which was really great. It was also freezing at night.

tcool123

It's not that great, but fun. I love Lion Country Safari though. I was in Ohio for 4th of July and went to the Columbus Zoo, which was really great. It was also freezing at night.
I think the last time I went was when they were hosting an event with "snow", and my family and I being rebels held a snow fight even though we weren't supposed to. :cool: I lied I also visited Jungle Island which was a lot of fun when I went long ago.

I was so close to visiting the Georgia Zoo when I was up in Alabama, but nooooo we had to go to World of Coke. Which was a lot of fun regardless:rolleyes:.

On the topic of Georgia I really wanted to visit the aquarium, but no it "closed". It was about 6 PM when we left World of Coke, it closed at 10 PM? It would've been better than Miami SeaQuarium to say the least. Though a lot of things I'm pretty sure are better than the Seaquarium.

Flippin'Flounder

I think the last time I went was when they were hosting an event with "snow", and my family and I being rebels held a snow fight even though we weren't supposed to. :cool: I lied I also visited Jungle Island which was a lot of fun when I went long ago.

I was so close to visiting the Georgia Zoo when I was up in Alabama, but nooooo we had to go to World of Coke. Which was a lot of fun regardless:rolleyes:.

On the topic of Georgia I really wanted to visit the aquarium, but no it "closed". It was about 6 PM when we left World of Coke, it closed at 10 PM? It would've been better than Miami SeaQuarium to say the least. Though a lot of things I'm pretty sure are better than the Seaquarium.
And DAK is the best, of course :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom