2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know if these items are adjustable for vegetarians? My Fiancée is one and we will be there for our wedding/honeymoon during the Food & Wine Festival and I was wondering if it will just be her watching me eat lol....
They do make most of the items right there in-front of you. So although I have never asked, I think it may well be possible to adjust the items.

CtDisneyGuy33

Does anyone know if these items are adjustable for vegetarians? My Fiancée is one and we will be there for our wedding/honeymoon during the Food & Wine Festival and I was wondering if it will just be her watching me eat lol....

I do know they will forgo certain sauces or add ons if you request that because I did it last time. Not sure about the Vegetarian selections but I'm pretty sure they had one booth specifically for Vegetarians.

BJones82

I do know they will forgo certain sauces or add ons if you request that because I did it last time. Not sure about the Vegetarian selections but I'm pretty sure they had one booth specifically for Vegetarians.

Lol 1 booth out of how many :p

I know other restaurants around WDW will all customize vegetarian options so I am sure these will too, I was just hoping someone who has visited in the past has specific experience with this so we can know what to plan for :)

PhotoDave219

Not enough booze at the festival to get me through an experience like that!

I would love to give you some hard numbers for crowds at the F&W festival but the Touring Plans data that I use doesn't account for those crowds.

Traditionally, the slowest days throughout the year are Tuesday-Thursday. F&W crowds really dont start building hughish until 4-ish.

So. Stick to that, shouldnt be that bad if you go midweek and noontime. Shouldnt be bad as compared to the weekends.

PhotoDave219

Now, for everyone who enjoys their adult beverages, I cannot stress this enough: DRINK WATER.

Alcohol hits people unaccustomed to Florida heat fast. Real fast. If you're not a day drinker or not accustom to it and enjoy your beer/wine and you dont want to end up NSFW, Talking to Security or being made fun of ruthlessly on here, make sure you have a glass of water every couple of drinks. (1 water for every 2 beers or so) Trust those of us who have done this. You and your traveling companions will thank you for this. Free ice water is available at any normal QSR location (look for soda fountains), just ask for it.

BrerJon

I know other restaurants around WDW will all customize vegetarian options so I am sure these will too, I was just hoping someone who has visited in the past has specific experience with this so we can know what to plan for :)

Most of the items are variations on items where there's a bread pocket with a sauce or meat inside, then some extra sauce... usually they're not 'dishes' but things put together from a couple of separate elements. You can always ask for them not to include something, so for example you could order the Potato & Leek Waffle from Australia, but ask them not to put the beef on it.

They're not full kitchens though, so won't be able to substitute, so if you wanted a Bean Slider instead of a Pork Slider in Hawaii, or something like that, they wouldn't be able to help you.

There are a lot of pavilions with vegetarian options, and if you eat fish there's lots of choice, so you should still be able to find enough to not go hungry.

LongtimeReader

I'm vegetarian and I never have a problem. Also, there are handy green "V" icons next to any item that is vegetarian, so you will not have to bother worrying about the ingredients or asking. Vegan is a different story...but the all-vegetarian booth has usually been all-vegan in the past.

Last edited:

dkp

No Terra, the vegan booth, this year? I suppose I'll just need to drink to forget my disappointment. Food & Wine has plenty to choose from in that category.

(Actually I'm a vegetarian and can find enough to snack on as I'll eat dairy and eggs. But it is disappointing that Terra is absent from this year's line-up.)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

These aren't restaurants. They are little booths with limited resources. I'm not sure how much customization is even possible.

However, as someone mentioned above. There are quite a few vegetarian options. So it shouldn't be too hard to find some food to try out.

sheriffwoody

So how about these Disney Visa cardholders exclusive events? Anyone ever done one of those? Is there a thread for that that I'm missing?

Magenta Panther

I've been to the Food and Wine fest twice. I'm not a huge fan. The worst thing is that after you buy the food, where do you sit to eat it? There are never any chairs anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom