2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

dreamfinder

Didn't you used to have to buy another ticket just to go on the rides?

In the age of ticket books, yes. But the admission was included with the purchase of a ticket book, or trivial if you bought it by itself. Disney isn't offering you a $5 admission to the party and pay just for the soiree and maybe another $2.50 for a ride on HM, it's full price for the party, plus the soiree upcharge. The ticket book structure helped to spread the crowds out by providing tickets to A/B level attractions that many people naturally wanted to use so as to not waste them. If you pay $30 for a plate of food, odds are you will eat everything on that plate, including the peas that you aren't a huge fan of. But if you pay $45 for an all you care to eat buffet, you would walk right by those peas and load up on crab legs & steak.

My complaint with the soiree is that they appear to be removing something that was included with the ticket price before (pics with a villain post show if you were fast enough), and now giving it just to those who pay more. The normal dessert party put something in an often underutilized location and didn't detract from the normal guest. While this location would have also been empty, taking characters from their 10 min show set ain't cool. Bring another set of characters in, awesome, go ahead and charge for a private M&G session. If such a solution helps to pay for rare(r) characters to be maintained and available for at least occasional appearances, so be it. But pulling some of the rarer photo ops for more cash equates as a cash grab.

JiminyandTink

Didn't you used to have to buy another ticket just to go on the rides?

Yes, they used to have the old MK ticket books, but in that case admission was near nothing and some would argue that system was a better value for your money than today's. I have no issues with today's admission/ticket bundle, but this would be more like paying full admission and then having them still selling tickets for E-ticket attractions.

note2001

The 'Mayhem at the Mansion' app is now available for download.

Now I w̶a̶n̶t̶ need to make a MNSSHP trip.

I wasn't aware the ghosts were being held prisoner in the first place. This makes me look at Disney in a whole new light and question what those animatronics in POTC are really up to. Hmmm.... it seems The Dark Side of Disney may not be over in DHS.

Animaniac93-98

More notes from DPB:

"Disney PhotoPass photographers will be on hand at the parade and fireworks viewing area, but will not be at the dessert soiree; however Guests are welcome to take photos of all the fun inside the Castle themselves."

and

"More seatings have been added–some nights that previously appeared as sold out may have more availability."

Wildflower

More notes from DPB:

"Disney PhotoPass photographers will be on hand at the parade and fireworks viewing area, but will not be at the dessert soiree; however Guests are welcome to take photos of all the fun inside the Castle themselves."

and

"More seatings have been added–some nights that previously appeared as sold out may have more availability."
@asianway called it!

tenchikiss

I just looked at the disney blog post again for the halloween party and the line about meeting Maleficent and the Evil Queen is gone. People in the comments mentioned it but no mention of the evil ladies meeting with the Princesses. Did this magically get cut from the post as a side effect for the upgraded party or an honest mistake if someone was fixing typos or what not on the post? If they are no longer meeting with the Princesses I will be very disappointed.

Thumper 32

I just looked at the disney blog post again for the halloween party and the line about meeting Maleficent and the Evil Queen is gone. People in the comments mentioned it but no mention of the evil ladies meeting with the Princesses. Did this magically get cut from the post as a side effect for the upgraded party or an honest mistake if someone was fixing typos or what not on the post? If they are no longer meeting with the Princesses I will be very disappointed.

Wow, great catch! That blog post was totally modified. And if you read one of the recent replies by Mr Slater, he says that Rapunzel and Cinderella will be found inside fairy tale hall. Something very fishy going on. If they changed their mind on having Maleficent and Evil Queen out, especially as a strategy to sell more $99 dessert packages, I am not happy!

Hula Popper

Wow, great catch! That blog post was totally modified. And if you read one of the recent replies by Mr Slater, he says that Rapunzel and Cinderella will be found inside fairy tale hall. Something very fishy going on. If they changed their mind on having Maleficent and Evil Queen out, especially as a strategy to sell more $99 dessert packages, I am not happy!

Definitely something fishy.

adam3143

It does seem strange that they've taken out all parts of the blog post that mentioned Maleficent and Evil Queen being in PFH...as for the response from the author saying that Cinderella and Rapunzel would be meeting guests in the PFH now, it has been edited too. It was originally posted a day or two ago and said that Cinderella and Rapunzel would be meeting guests outdoors near the castle.

If this is indeed the case and Cinderella and Rapunzel are back in PFH like they have been in the past, I wonder if their princes will be with them? I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would actually be happier if this was the case. We are going to our first ever Halloween party on Sept 9th and my son wants to meet Flynn more than anyone in the whole world. He's only 3 and the trip is actually a complete surprise for him so he'll never even know that Flynn is missing this year, but it was really a bummer for my wife and I when we found out Flynn wasn't a part of Halloween this year

tenchikiss

It does seem strange that they've taken out all parts of the blog post that mentioned Maleficent and Evil Queen being in PFH...as for the response from the author saying that Cinderella and Rapunzel would be meeting guests in the PFH now, it has been edited too. It was originally posted a day or two ago and said that Cinderella and Rapunzel would be meeting guests outdoors near the castle.

If this is indeed the case and Cinderella and Rapunzel are back in PFH like they have been in the past, I wonder if their princes will be with them? I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would actually be happier if this was the case. We are going to our first ever Halloween party on Sept 9th and my son wants to meet Flynn more than anyone in the whole world. He's only 3 and the trip is actually a complete surprise for him so he'll never even know that Flynn is missing this year, but it was really a bummer for my wife and I when we found out Flynn wasn't a part of Halloween this year

If that is the change that is happened then they should have modified the comments as well. Several people were bummed that there were no Princes this year because of the Evil Queen and Maleficent and it is was specifically addressed that the Princes will be at the Christmas Party only. So yeah something is super up. I am not sure what made me go look at the post again, had a feeling that something might be up if there are two rooms per pairing plus all this extra party mess and the stage show. I was thinking how many Evil Queen costumes do they have. Sinking, greedy feeling since I was there on the 24 hour party night and saw how insane the Maleficent line was.

We shall know by Monday at the very least though when the parties first start how disappointed we really should be. Because as it is how can they really have all those Princesses inside the Fairy Tale Hall if that is the new thing? Snow White and Sleepy Beauty were kicked to the curb for Frozen BEFORE the Halloween Parties. Even if Anna and Elsa met together during the party there would still only be one Princess Spot. Not two.

AngryEyes

Agree. I'm willingly paying for several behind the scenes tours and F&W events but these aren't inside another separately ticketed event. I'm also attending the MNSSHP but not shelling out extra $$ for the "dessert soire".

Are you not already paying for a park ticket for most of the tours and all of the F&W events?

In this case, you're paying for a park ticket (MNSSHP) and then a special event on top of it. How, exactly, is that different from what you're doing when you buy a park ticket and then pay for a tour or other upcharge event at F&W? It's exactly the same thing.

JohnD

Are you not already paying for a park ticket for most of the tours and all of the F&W events?

In this case, you're paying for a park ticket (MNSSHP) and then a special event on top of it. How, exactly, is that different from what you're doing when you buy a park ticket and then pay for a tour or other upcharge event at F&W? It's exactly the same thing.

Not the same thing. MNSSHP is already not regular park admission with a separate ticket to get in. So to charge for an an event inside a separate event for $99/person when that $99 could be used all day for one-day regular park admission (if not an AP holder) is over the top. Now, am I against it? No, they're a business and out to make a profit. If people want to pay for this, they can definitely do so. I just think they're pushing the envelope too far.

All other special events, whether tours or F&W, require regular park admission because those are during regular working hours.

Tip Top Club

It's true that Fairy Tale Hall will be under normal conditions during the parties (Anna and Elsa on one side Rapunzel and Cinderella on the Other) Aurora and Snow will meet together near the castle walls. However The Hag from Snow White will be outside Mine Train. Lotso and Buzz will meet together, and Alice, Hatter and Queen of Hearts will meet together, however Jafar and Aladdin/Jasmine/Genie will not meet in the same place.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's true that Fairy Tale Hall will be under normal conditions during the parties (Anna and Elsa on one side Rapunzel and Cinderella on the Other) Aurora and Snow will meet together near the castle walls. However The Hag from Snow White will be outside Mine Train. Lotso and Buzz will meet together, and Alice, Hatter and Queen of Hearts will meet together, however Jafar and Aladdin/Jasmine/Genie will not meet in the same place.

So they scrapped the "Scarytale Hall" idea? Too bad. That sounded like fun.

YodaMan

I've still never met the Hag so I will take it, but bummed that I will be missing out on Maleficent. I was neutral towards the dessert party before, but now that casual MNSHPP-goers are losing things that they were promised originally, I am officially anti-dessert-party. Le sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom