2014 ICS Elite Eight: Discussion Thread

Nemo14

I really have no one to blame but myself, and if I had more than a shotty outline and a less than 1/4 done map, I still would have made a mad dash to the finish line...except...I lost my Sunday night as well to family business!

It just wasn't meant to be, but is completely my fault.

That being said, this is far from a gimmie for Red. She certainly deserved the win, my post or not, and I think we all can agree, she is the Elitist of the Eight, and a jewel of the forum. Everyone's friend, everyone's teammate, and we all know how dedicated she is to the projects, both her's and when she's playing on a team.

I couldn't think of a better person to hold the title!

(That being said, next year, I'll discover how useful a calendar can be in planning out these things and keeping ambitions in check!) <grin>

I'm glad you're OK, and sorry life got in the way for you. I know I was really looking forward to reading this final face-off, and it certainly would have been tough to beat @MonorailRed's presentation, but it sure would have been exciting to see! I'm sure I speak for a lot of lurkers here when I say that all you guys (and girls) here are awesomely talented. It's Disney's loss that you're not official imagineers!

Last edited:

Lucky

I'm sure I speak for a lot of lurkers here when I say that all you guys and girls) here are awesomely talented. It's Disney's loss that you're not official imagineers!
paranoid.gif
There are lurkers on the comp threads?

TheOriginalTiki

Hey everyone. For the last couple weeks I've been talking closely with a select group of people here to come up with an entirely new addition to Imagineering competitions here on WDWMagic. I'm very excited to anounce that the first of what is sure to be many recap shows talking about the various contests will be held TONIGHT and will be hosted by myself and JokersWild (known as AdvBlueDude in the SYWTBAI community and Youtube channel...)

The event will be going live at 9:00 pacific time tonight and will go over in detail each and every project that was presented in The Elite Eight as well as our own personal opinions of each player's skill sets as a whole. Keep in mind I'm coming at this from an outsider perspective, so it should be a fun experiment essentially getting some of my first impressions of the competitors in this contest based on the material they've presented. Following this video, LittleGiant will be joining me on a somewhat regular basis for recaps on a project-by-project basis for every competition here on this board moving forward. I hope for this video element to provide a new layer of interactivity to an already AWESOME and incredibly well established community.

Here's the link to the show if you want to watch it live tonight!

One last note. I know this is totally last minute and I should have brought it up myself at least a week ago...but if anyone who was a contestant on this season of "Elite Eight" would like to come on to the show to talk about their personal experience and gameplay throughout the season, we'd love to have you. "Exit Interviews" in general are something I'm definitely going to be pushing for moving forward and it's a new compontent to video recapping that I haven't dabbled in yet. In order to come on air all you need is a working microphone. If you're uncomfortable with your image being broadcast you can always opt for only audio and will appear as an avatar during the show. If you're at all interested and are free tonight during the time were broadcasting, please feel more than free to shoot me a message and we'll set it up for you to come on.

DinoInstitute

Hey everyone. For the last couple weeks I've been talking closely with a select group of people here to come up with an entirely new addition to Imagineering competitions here on WDWMagic. I'm very excited to anounce that the first of what is sure to be many recap shows talking about the various contests will be held TONIGHT and will be hosted by myself and JokersWild (known as AdvBlueDude in the SYWTBAI community and Youtube channel...)

The event will be going live at 9:00 pacific time tonight and will go over in detail each and every project that was presented in The Elite Eight as well as our own personal opinions of each player's skill sets as a whole. Keep in mind I'm coming at this from an outsider perspective, so it should be a fun experiment essentially getting some of my first impressions of the competitors in this contest based on the material they've presented. Following this video, LittleGiant will be joining me on a somewhat regular basis for recaps on a project-by-project basis for every competition here on this board moving forward. I hope for this video element to provide a new layer of interactivity to an already AWESOME and incredibly well established community.

One last note. I know this is totally last minute and I should have brought it up myself at least a week ago...but if anyone who was a contestant on this season of "Elite Eight" would like to come on to the show to talk about their personal experience and gameplay throughout the season, we'd love to have you. "Exit Interviews" in general are something I'm definitely going to be pushing for moving forward and it's a new compontent to video recapping that I haven't dabbled in yet. In order to come on air all you need is a working microphone. If you're uncomfortable with your image being broadcast you can always opt for only audio and will appear as an avatar during the show. If you're at all interested and are free tonight during the time were broadcasting, please feel more than free to shoot me a message and we'll set it up for you to come on.

This sounds so awesome! I will definitely be tuning in:)
It kind of reminds me of RHAP, a podcasting channel that recaps reality TV competitions, except this time in Imagineering:p:D
I wouldn't mind appearing! Maybe we can discuss in PM when would be a good time:)

TheOriginalTiki

Oh yeah...funny you mention RHAP. That's probably THE single biggest influence on me as a podcaster. Giant long-time fan of Rob since the Amazon/All Stars days. Great to meet another RHAPer/Survivor fan here :D

DinoInstitute

Oh yeah...funny you mention RHAP. That's probably THE single biggest influence on me as a podcaster. Giant long-time fan of Rob since the Amazon/All Stars days. Great to meet another RHAPer/Survivor fan here :D
I love listening to them on their shows too! Imagineering and reality TV competitions are probably my two favorite things in the world:p:D

RMichael21

I've just returned from a long trip and I would be willing to stay up until 11:00 pm my time, but I really shouldn't. So, would there be a way to watch it afterwards during the day tomorrow perhaps? :) Sorry if that's a dumb question. ;):p:D:cool:

Zweiland

Original Poster
I've just returned from a long trip and I would be willing to stay up until 11:00 pm my time, but I really shouldn't. So, would there be a way to watch it afterwards during the day tomorrow perhaps? :)
Aren't you on the East Coast? It's actually going to be at 12:00 there.

I'm pretty sure you can watch streaming Youtube videos after they broadcast; they should just be on his channel.

TheOriginalTiki

I've just returned from a long trip and I would be willing to stay up until 11:00 pm my time, but I really shouldn't. So, would there be a way to watch it afterwards during the day tomorrow perhaps? :) Sorry if that's a dumb question. ;):p:D:cool:

The video will be published directly to my channel's feed after the live show ends, and if I'm not mistaken it should even be the same link.

RMichael21

Zweiland

Original Poster
You're talking about them going into more detail, but you have to remember that for the first challenge they only had 20 sentences.

Actually, that leads into my two major criticisms so far: (don't get me wrong, I love it! But there are two things...)
  • You should talk a little more about the restrictions and requirements of each challenge.
  • You can just say "Disney World" or "Walt Disney World" instead of spelling out "Doubleyoo Dee Doubleyoo". We'll know what you mean, and it's a lot less tongue-twisting. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom