2013 D23

These are half hopes/half realistic expectations, but here's what I'm predicting is announced for WDW:

Carsland at DHS with Radiator Springs racers- While some would rather not see a clone, I for one would be more than happy with it at this point.

Minor Star Wars expansion, along the lines of Tatooine theming and one new ride (D ticket?) plus the Cantina Restaurant

New Soarin film, by Summer 2014

New MK parade

Aaaannnddd......new bathrooms! (Had to throw that little jab in there;)

doctornick

At this point, what would be coming to a Star Wars DHS expansion if it were to be announced at D23?

A small-scale Tatooine theming with Cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy

Or a full-scale land with an e-ticket, cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy, retail, and more.

Insiders? @Lee @WDW1974 @marni1971

Do we know what exactly is planned for DLP for Star Wars? That might offer some insight into what could be planned for WDW if they wanted to do Star Wars.

wdwfan4ver

A mini land for Paris I believe. Updated Star Tours with a mos eisley cantina
You are correct about the Star Tours update and Mos Eisley Cantina. I also recalled an indoor Training Academy being mentioned for Paris also by WDW1974.

The thing is I remembered WDW1974 mentioning in late Feb. about a Phase 2 on this site for a Star Wars land. Phase 2 according WDW1974 had 2 additional rides. The 2 are E-Ticket and a b/ C Ticket attraction.

I don't know if Disney still has plans of a phase 2 for a Star Wars land in Paris since it has been over 3 months and Disney is capable of changing plans at any given time.

WDW1974

At this point, what would be coming to a Star Wars DHS expansion if it were to be announced at D23?

A small-scale Tatooine theming with Cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy

Or a full-scale land with an e-ticket, cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy, retail, and more.

Insiders? @Lee @WDW1974 @marni1971

If I knew or suspected enough, then I'd tell you. But I don't and I really don't think Disney is going in the big direction with Star Wars in the Studios right now. They're still surveying guests, which generally (but not 100% of the time) tends to mean they're early in the decision process. I do think you'll see an expanded presence sooner rather than later ... but it may well be example one and not two.

WDW1974

You are correct about the Star Tours update and Mos Eisley Cantina. I also recalled an indoor Training Academy being mentioned for Paris also by WDW1974.

The thing is I remembered WDW1974 mentioning in late Feb. about a Phase 2 on this site for a Star Wars land. Phase 2 according WDW1974 had 2 additional rides. The 2 are E-Ticket and a b/ C Ticket attraction.

I don't know if Disney still has plans of a phase 2 for a Star Wars land in Paris since it has been over 3 months and Disney is capable of changing plans at any given time.

I haven't heard any changes for DLP's future, so I would believe they still are as above. But you can't read anything into that for WDW. If cloning were the 'cheap' answer many fans believe then we would have had Pooh's Hunny Hunt over a decade ago. Paris could go big on Star Wars and WDW could wind up with more retail, a new dining locale and more area development.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last I heard was the small scale. Somewhere to eat, indoor academy and minor area theming. It'll have to wait for the Sound Studio since that will be used for something else first. It'd be nice to be wrong though.

coolbeans14

Surely a lot of the future of Paris relies heavily on the success of ratatouille. It's likely going to get harder to convince the banks to loan them, especially with France back in recession.

doctornick

Well, I'll take small scale expansion of SW in DHS over no scale. Even Mos Eisley cantina and an indoor Jedi Academy would be welcome.

That said, perhaps I'm being naive, but I'm still hopeful that part of the reason for stopping the DHS parade is to utilize the current backstage area behind Backlot Express for a Star Wars expansion. Or at least having the option/flexibility to do so.

midwest_mice

My guess(just a guess as I have no inside info) is there will be announcements about a few additions to the Studios. Maybe a little Stars Wars theming and then an announcement about a scaled back version of Carsland.
I think they will have some Avatarland concept art to see along with more concept art for the new MK afternoon parade.
What I would like to see is different of course but would welcome any change. I still wonder if they will ever utilize the backstage parking lot area by ToT for a future attraction??o_O

PeterAlt

- Shanghai DL details
- Soaring over the World details
- Mystery attraction for EC announcement
- Monsters Inc coaster for DCA and DHS
- DHS announcements (wishful)

PeterAlt

If they were to announce a DHS makeover, we would be seeing prep activity going on, but we don't see that. That doesn't mean that this is not being planned and may be announced at a later date. Announcements of smaller projects are more likely, such as a Monsters, Inc. coaster. I'll be happy if something anything is announced versus the other alternative - nothing!

PeterAlt

Instead of announcements, they could have William Shattner come up and tell everyone to get a life. Me and everyone would be suitably ed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom