2005 Graduation Thread

dandaman

Original Poster
You can post details of your graduations here.
As for me, I'm graduating on the 24th... from grade school. :D
(P.S. We don't have middle school in the "Great White North", but grade school ends at Grade 8 to make up for it.)

CaptainMichael

Lil'mermaid said:
9 more (school) days until I can walk around saying I'm a senior in high school, finally.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Before you know it, you'll be a freshman again. Assuming you are going to college.

disneygirl03

I'm not graduating, but my sister is graduating from high school on June 11. She'll be joining me at Marquette University in the fall. :sohappy:

dandaman

Original Poster
Grad Trip in 8 days, going to Toronto :D
However, apparently our school doesn't trust us anymore on overnighters (even though we've probably been the best group of graduates from the school ;)), so we're going for only one day. :(
Actually, I happen to have my itinerary here, so...

5:00- Leave for Toronto
9:30- Arrive in Toronto/ "Olympic Spirit" Exhibits
11:30- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament (Note: The exact same thing is in Orlando, so some of you may have experienced it before.)
2:30- Playdium (essentially a huge indoor arcade/simulator haven)
6:30- Leave Toronto
10:30- Arrive back in Belle River

Any questions? :lol:

Lil'mermaid

STR8FAN2005 said:
Enjoy it while it lasts. Before you know it, you'll be a freshman again. Assuming you are going to college.

Oh yeah, I'll be headed to college after HS, its become a matter of which one, though.

Boo's Mom

Testtrack321 said:
June 13th from JR Tucker High School. Going to U.D. in Ohio.

Tucker!! thats how close you are to me?!?!?! Wow. I know three people that go to Tucker lol...well now 4 although I don't really know you that well :lol:

by the way, I graduated last year, June 8th, 2004 with the advanced diploma :D

Christina

GRAD IS ON FRIDAY!

AND I got into the Crime Scene Investigation programme at the UOC.... *cheers* I'm going to be a CSI... like on TV, only better...man school is tough, and I've spent so much time this year studying and stuff... I deserve my 92% average... I DESERVE to GRADUATE! And have fun! This weekend is going to be the BEST weekend of my high school year!

SIR90210

I'm leaving Freshman finally on the 24th..I think. We have two weeks of finals and Regents after the last day of classes on the 13th.

Lil'mermaid

SIR90210 said:
I'm leaving Freshman finally on the 24th..I think. We have two weeks of finals and Regents after the last day of classes on the 13th.

Which Regents? I have to take the English and the US History ones.

tigger248

I already graduated several years ago, but wanted to take a moment to wish all the 2005 graduates a congratulations! Good luck to everyone.

dandaman

Original Poster
Can someone confirm that you don't really celebrate 8th Grade Grad as much as we do in Canada? Some U.S. friends asked me why we celebrate it, and I was surprised to hear that they don't.
Maybe it's because we don't have middle school...

wanabeimagineer

I graduated Fletcher High School with honors on May 18 and I couldn't be more excited. I was actually ranked 26 out of 486 seniors in my class so Im pretty proud of that. I'm starting at UCF in Orlando in the fall. This summer is gonna be fun though since I get to party with all my friends for one last summer before I leave (most people from my school are staying and going to schools here in Jacksonville). On the 25th, me and some friends are renting a house in the Keys for 8 days so that's all thats on my mind right now, it's gonna be so fun! Congrats to all of the other graduates (from any grade, theyre all accomplishments).

Dandaman, as far as I know from my own experiences, we don't celebrate 8th grade graduations very much, most likely because we have elementary (K-5) then middle (6-8) then high school, so it is an accomplishment but I guess it's just not as celebrated because you've still got 4 years left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom