20% discount on food receipts?

dannyboyindc

Say what now? There's something out there that discounts 20% on all food and shopping? DVC discounts 10% on some food and shopping, and Chase Disney Visa. TIW does 20% but it's only on TS food/beverage.

jackson2005

It was on quick serve receipts, we were there in October this year and we didn't see any then. 3 years ago in January we had them for some stores before noon? You could get 20% off.

babyboy443

Original Poster
It was on quick serve receipts, we were there in October this year and we didn't see any then. 3 years ago in January we had them for some stores before noon? You could get 20% off.

Yes this is what I mean :) It's a 20% off merchandise coupon on all the quick service meals. Then you have until 1pm to redeem them. I wanted to know if anyone knew if this was being done this year? I haven't seen it in the news section yet like other years :(

DizneyPryncess

I remember when they used to sometimes do this. Never when I was there though. This past year we went September 28th-October 8th, and never noticed anything like that on any receipts.

babyboy443

Original Poster
We go in December every year and for the past 3 years or so they have had it. I find it odd that no one has said anything yet or find it odd they wouldn't do it this year.

PhilharMagician

This is done as a way to spread out guests dining @ quick services locations. This coupon is only good on the day issued until 1:00 PM so you need to eat your lunch early in order to get the discount.

This may be used later this week depending on how crazy it gets and to be honest it looks pretty busy looking at the wait times. I would assume it will roll out for Christmas week also.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
This is done as a way to spread out guests dining @ quick services locations. This coupon is only good on the day issued until 1:00 PM so you need to eat your lunch early in order to get the discount.

This may be used later this week depending on how crazy it gets and to be honest it looks pretty busy looking at the wait times. I would assume it will roll out for Christmas week also.

If that's the case it changed after Dec. 2013. We were able to use them the following day, prior to some time around noon. I remember it specifically because I rode the monorail to MK on our last day to buy something while my wife got ready.

Innkeeper's Club

Actually that information is 100% false. Last year and the previous years when I got these coupons after eating at a Quick Service location, it did not expire until sometime in January. In fact last year I remember going to Hollywood Studios on a Monday, having lunch at the ABC Commissary, getting the coupon and using it 2 days later at Mouse Gears in Epcot.

PhilharMagician

Actually that information is 100% false. Last year and the previous years when I got these coupons after eating at a Quick Service location, it did not expire until sometime in January. In fact last year I remember going to Hollywood Studios on a Monday, having lunch at the ABC Commissary, getting the coupon and using it 2 days later at Mouse Gears in Epcot.
It as been a few years since I have used one, but they clearly stated that they needed to be used that day of purchase. First time I got one, I did not notice that there was a discount until we got back to the room and took the receipts out of my pocket. The next morning I went to used it @ Mouse Gears and was told it was expired.

JohnD

I remember getting one several years ago. On my checkout day, I hopped back into MK to use it at the Emporium.

Innkeeper's Club

It as been a few years since I have used one, but they clearly stated that they needed to be used that day of purchase. First time I got one, I did not notice that there was a discount until we got back to the room and took the receipts out of my pocket. The next morning I went to used it @ Mouse Gears and was told it was expired.
I'm sorry to say what you saw was wrong and the Cast Member was also wrong. Here is a picture of one of those coupons on a receipts where it clearly shows when it expired and no where does it say must be used the same day when you got it.

disneymil2-764x1024.jpg

Phonedave

I have had ones as well that were same day and had an expiration time.

No, I don't have any receipts from 5 years ago., but I distinctly getting one, and shoving it in my pocket. Later that evening I was looking at the receipts and I read the bottom and I said something like "Oh, we got a 20% off coupon. Oh it expired already"

-dave

MickeyCB

We were at Disney in Nov/Dec last yr and we ate at Hollywood studios, and as I had been aware of this promotion, I had each member of my family pay individually and we had 4 receipts with the 20% discount. As we went to each park we used one in the stores through the week we were there. And yes it had to be redeemed by 1pm, I remember because we were planning on going to mouse gear to shop and got stuck on the land ride and made it over there with a few minutes to spare. I explained what happened to the cast member at check out and he said to take our time he would honor the coupon even though we were a few minutes late.
We were there over Halloween this year and I did not notice the promotion.

surfsupdon

Never had to be used on the same date as purchased. Usually would save receipts from one day and shop during the rest of the vacation as we left the Parks, mid morning, for our afternoon pool relaxation. This offer was usually always offered during Christmas Week in the last few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom