2 year old twins, Holiday Activity Questions

K Fowler

Original Poster
My twin boys will turn 2 in November and we are planning a trip to Disney World in early December. We are planning to do the Harmony Barber Shop first haircut package, so we will be going to the Magic Kingdom for that one day. I also want to take them to Hollywood Studios to the Disney Jr. stuff one day. We are trying to be very relaxed with our schedule and not spend all day in the parks, etc.

We are considering buying tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Has anyone been with toddlers before? Would you recommend it? They are typically very well behaved, but they are still toddlers so they can definitely be unpredictable.

Also, is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot appropriate for two year olds, or will they just be bored with it?

What about the Osborne Family Lights?

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

allidog1

The Candlelight Processional is great, the show is about an hour with seating outside on benches so there is room for your boys to wiggle if need be and there are lots of light and things to look at. My only thought on that is if you are going to do it get the dinner package because the line for seating get really long. I don't know your boys but if you think they can handle it I would do it.
I would do the Osborne Lights because you can freely walk through them as you please, and they are really pretty as amazing.
I have never done MVMCP so I have nothing to say about that. I don't know if any of this information is helpful or not.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Take them to GF and BC hotels. GF has a life-size Gingerbread house and BC has a Gingerbread carousel. All of the hotels will be decorated, but the Deluxes go all out.

MVMCP is a blast, but I have not went with 2 toddlers. Depending on their bedtime, if may not be worth the ticket price, but if they are night owls, go for it!

K Fowler

Original Poster
Thanks. I had not even thought about all the resort decorations, but we will check them out. They usually go to bed early, but on the rare occasions when we have had a nighttime activity with them, they have done really well so I guess that's a good sign.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
With toddlers, I evaluate the hassle factor vs. enjoyment to be gained. In regards to the Candlelight Processional, hassle far outweighs enjoyment, even with dining package seating. Two year olds will be antsy and bored.

Osborne Lights is a YES as are the resort decorations. If your boys go to bed early, the extra $$ for MVMCP may not be worth it.

GeekDad

This past December I was in WDW with my son and nephew who were both 2. They had a blast and really enjoyed Osborne lights and the MVMCP parade. If they've done well with night time stuff before I say go for it. You can always sleep in or have them take a late nap the day you go to MVMCP.

We skipped the candlelight processional figuring like Tuvalu said the hassle wouldn't be worth it.

sissa216

We're about to take my son on his 4th trip just before his 3rd birthday.

He has been to both MVMCP and MNSSHP. He fell asleep around 9:30 at both of them. He had a blast for as much as he saw, and slept the rest away! We figured he might. Since he was free, it didn't bother us much at all; it was great to see him enjoy everything he stayed awake for.

The biggest hits for him have been the characters. He LOVES them. We ended up switching quite a bit of our plans around to give him more character time. They were so great with him too! It melted my heart to see Minnie take him in for a big hug. After a few minutes, we felt guilty about the line behind us, and told him it was time to give other kids a chance. She waved us away and sat and hugged him for a good 5 minutes.

He loved the Osborne lights as well.

My biggest advice is to slow down and go by their schedule, for sure!! You'll have such a fantastic time seeing whatever you can fit in. Let them explore on their own. We rented a stroller, but only really used it for naps. He much preferred to be out and exploring (although all kids are different, and you'll find what works for you best).

Wishes 1971

You are about to see the "world" from a different perspective!

I agree with the suggestions to go at their pace. Character Meet & Greets take on a whole new meaning! It's a great time to sit back, and see the magic through your kids eyes....

I've never been at Christmas time, but we have visited a few times during Halloween (MNSSHP)....and I would imagine it is the same....I know Disney increased the number of characters out during the special event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom