Trip Report 2 weeks in heaven! Finally working on the final TR :)

I wanted to start off by saying for my last trip I did a PTR but never followed through with the final TR ... this time I solemnly swear that I will follow through... Lets start with the basics.
Who: Hubby and I

IMG_4909.JPG

When
:
11/7 - 11/20
Where: this will be a split stay between 3 disney resorts.
11/7 - 11/10 We will be staying at POP !
11/10 - 11/18 We will be staying at Coronado Springs resort ... WITH THE DINING PLAN :)
11/18 - 11/20 We will be staying at Art of animation resort (I am VERY excited about this)
Side note: I have never stayed at a value before so I'm a little worried about that (mainly because I have to actually leave my hotel room for coffee in the morningo_O) I actually had no idea until now that a coffee maker is an amenity only mods and deluxes have.
How: We just moved to South Carolina (for the past year we've been moving around a lot... NY - Florida and now we plan to stay in SC permanently... So from where we are to disney says 7.5 hours on the GPS ... so we will be driving our baby down :p... We would rather have a Mercedes than a child at this point in our lives LOL
IMG_5775.JPG

Jess G

Original Poster
Today we are heading to AK :) hubbys parents live in africa, his mom sent him an authentic outfit from home that he's excited to wear. We are betting money on how many people are going to think he works there. LOL

My sister flys in tonight I'm super excited,to see her!!! Hubby has food pics on his phone so il post those later tonight.

Jess G

Original Poster
1111161816a.jpg

We went to AK today and had a blast.
Unfortunately we HATED tusker house lunch. I am not a complainer.... But the white rice was so undercooked it was hard... And the yellow rice was so salty we found it unbearable. They offered us 10% off our bill but it didn't matter because we were on the dining plan... Back to boma in the future.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today we are heading to AK :) hubbys parents live in africa, his mom sent him an authentic outfit from home that he's excited to wear. We are betting money on how many people are going to think he works there. LOL

That was a nice gesture for his parents to send him the authentic outfit to wear. I'll bet he looked great in it. I love AK and all the wonderful African patterns and colors that you see throughout the park. (Oh, and I love seeing the animals, too!) ;)

By the way, my favorite gift shop (aside of the Mitsukoshi dept. store over in EPCOT--Japan), is the one at the AK Lodge. Everything in there is so unique, and I love browsing. Growing up as a kid, we never had any exposure to African art, etc., so it was a real treat to "discover" all this beauty as an adult. :)

Jess G

Original Poster
Omg guys!!!! Sorry I havnt updated. Last night I had a terrible allergic reaction to crawfish and paramedics had to come to save me at coronado springs at 3am.... I eat shrimp often with no problem so didn't think twice about trying crawfish.... Never again!!! I'm doing better now trying to get my trip back on track. I will add in that Coronado and the paramedics were amazing and took very good care of me... Coronado has called me twice since last night to see if I'm ok

wishiwere@wdw

Omg guys!!!! Sorry I havnt updated. Last night I had a terrible allergic reaction to crawfish and paramedics had to come to save me at coronado springs at 3am.... I eat shrimp often with no problem so didn't think twice about trying crawfish.... Never again!!! I'm doing better now trying to get my trip back on track. I will add in that Coronado and the paramedics were amazing and took very good care of me... Coronado has called me twice since last night to see if I'm ok
Major bummer but glad to see you experienced the same amazing folks that unfortunately have had to help us out a few times lol. They really are awesome and if there is a place to feel better quickly, this is it. Hopefully your trip gets back on track and all is good!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Oh my--I'm so sorry you had an allergic reaction. Glad to hear you're feeling better. That must have been scary.

Jess G

Original Poster
@DimpledDevil18 @MinnieM123 @wishiwere@wdw Thanks guys... it was crazy waking up at 3am to my eyes swollen shut. luckily my sunglasses hid my swollen face in epcot earlier lol . Tomorrow we are doing a rest day so I will post pictures in the afternoon :) I have exactly 1 week left so really trying to slow down enjoy it and take everything in :)

Throwing it in there that I will never try any type of shell fish again... Like I said I've had shrimp many times before but hear that's it's possible to literally wake up with a new allergy.

@wishiwere@wdw should I be expecting a massive medical bill in the mail? LOL

prfctlyximprct

Oh my goodness! Sorry about your allergic reaction! I got stung by a bee On my trip last week and I thought that was bad! Am sending positive thoughts your way! Am so glad you are okay!!!

Jess G

Original Poster
Hey @Jess G ! Let's go...we need more! :p

OMG I've been avoiding this because my hubby "must have somehow" deleted almost ALL of the pictures! He has the better camera on his phone so we were using his a majority of the time. So I can't do a complete TR :( but I do plan on posting all the pics that I do have left from social media and the little that is on my phone. I've been meaning to gather them up and do it! SUNDAY I'm off work. I promise you Sunday! :)

Courtney6682

OMG I've been avoiding this because my hubby "must have somehow" deleted almost ALL of the pictures! He has the better camera on his phone so we were using his a majority of the time. So I can't do a complete TR :( but I do plan on posting all the pics that I do have left from social media and the little that is on my phone. I've been meaning to gather them up and do it! SUNDAY I'm off work. I promise you Sunday! :)

Ohhh no!!! We'll live I suppose lol...but really...that sucks! Sunday works for me...I have to work...so you'll help my day go by!

Jess G

Original Poster
OK SO ! All of my remaining pics are put of order so it will be hard for me to go day by day so I will do the best with the pictures I have left.

We went to one of our favorites, Kona cafe for dinner :)
1114162150.jpg

1114162124c.jpg

This is us at animal kingdom the day hubby wore his authentic dashiki
IMG_20161113_143956.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom