Trip Report 2 weeks in heaven! Finally working on the final TR :)

I wanted to start off by saying for my last trip I did a PTR but never followed through with the final TR ... this time I solemnly swear that I will follow through... Lets start with the basics.
Who: Hubby and I

IMG_4909.JPG

When
:
11/7 - 11/20
Where: this will be a split stay between 3 disney resorts.
11/7 - 11/10 We will be staying at POP !
11/10 - 11/18 We will be staying at Coronado Springs resort ... WITH THE DINING PLAN :)
11/18 - 11/20 We will be staying at Art of animation resort (I am VERY excited about this)
Side note: I have never stayed at a value before so I'm a little worried about that (mainly because I have to actually leave my hotel room for coffee in the morningo_O) I actually had no idea until now that a coffee maker is an amenity only mods and deluxes have.
How: We just moved to South Carolina (for the past year we've been moving around a lot... NY - Florida and now we plan to stay in SC permanently... So from where we are to disney says 7.5 hours on the GPS ... so we will be driving our baby down :p... We would rather have a Mercedes than a child at this point in our lives LOL
IMG_5775.JPG

Jess G

Original Poster
So now I'll give you guys a run down of what my days will be like and I am always open to any criticism that can potentially make my trip even better....

11/7 DEPARTURE DAY!
We are not early birds by any means we plan to leave 7am/8am and reach WDW around 4pm/5pm
Once we check into POP we are just going to take it easy, resort hop if we want and that night we are going to do dinner and a movie @ AMC downtown (having a really hard time calling it "disney springs") DR STRANGE WILL BE IN THEATRES !
Side note: So hubby and I have done a lot of strenuous road trips this past year... in fact we did NY - SC twice last week. So the thought of another road trip right now sounds terrible. There was a point last week where we almost bought plane tickets and then somehow decided to add the last 2 nights at AOA instead of plane tickets... Sounds like a GREAT compromise to me!

11/8 MK
Sleep in, leave POP by 11am
Go on whatever has a short wait then Columbia Harbor House for lunch

12:40 - 1:40 POTC
1:45-2:45 Haunted mansion
3:30-4:40 7DMT

This is a party night so I intend to leave MK by 6pm and then we are going offsite for dinner somewhere in citywalk, undecided on where.

11/9 EPCOT (MY FAVORITE)
10:30-11:30 spaceship earth
11:30-12:30 Mission space
1:20PM SPICE ROAD TABLE LUNCH *EAT TO THE BEAT PACKAGE
WORLD SHOWCASE DRINKING
5:30PM show Boyz ll Men :)
7:30-8:30 frozen!!!!!!
9pm illuminations

11/10 - RESORT SWITCH
Check into CSR (DDP STARTS!!)
Relaxed day / pool day QS Lunch at the hotel
Maybe some shopping downtown
7:50pm ADR @ cape may (CRAB LEGS)
Boardwalk after because how could I not go to a dueling piano bar if given the chance?

Since this is a long trip I'm going to continuously add my day by day plans here. for the fun of it here's some pics from our last trip in April :)
IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4777.JPG
IMG_5024.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Side note: I have never stayed at a value before so I'm a little worried about that (mainly because I have to actually leave my hotel room for coffee in the morningo_O) I actually had no idea until now that a coffee maker is an amenity only mods and deluxes have.

Although I've never stayed in a value resort before, I was unaware that they didn't have a little coffee machine in the room. I've read a number of reviews for the values, and most have been positive, overall. (Maybe the next time you visit, you could bring a small coffee machine of your own to use.) I know I'd go crazy without my first cup of coffee in the morning! ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sounds like a fun trip! I have stayed at the values quite a bit, I actually moved down from the mod's and deluxe so I could visit more often. The Values aren't bad, the rooms are a little smaller and maybe not as lush but in my experience the beds are comfy and the room is clean. I do miss having coffee in my room too but since you are driving you could bring your own coffee maker as @MinnieM123 mentioned.

Jess G

Original Poster
Although I've never stayed in a value resort before, I was unaware that they didn't have a little coffee machine in the room. I've read a number of reviews for the values, and most have been positive, overall. (Maybe the next time you visit, you could bring a small coffee machine of your own to use.) I know I'd go crazy without my first cup of coffee in the morning! ;)

DING DING DING!! You've just inspired me to bring my mini kuerig!! since we're driving I can just stick it in the trunk once I'm at coronado :)

Jess G

Original Poster
Sounds like a fun trip! I have stayed at the values quite a bit, I actually moved down from the mod's and deluxe so I could visit more often. The Values aren't bad, the rooms are a little smaller and maybe not as lush but in my experience the beds are comfy and the room is clean. I do miss having coffee in my room too but since you are driving you could bring your own coffee maker as @MinnieM123 mentioned.

For some reason I am very excited about AoA ... and my sister swears by POP so I'm actually really hoping going into this that I do really enjoy the value so we can take advantage of them more often and be able to continue our yearly (or twice yearly) visit :)

DimpledDevil18

Following along! I don't blame you on hating the road trips. SC to NY is a haul! I used to live in NC and my family is all in NY, so I usually just flew home. I took the road trip with friends once back home and it was pretty bad. They drove through the night. I've only made the drive on the move down and the move back. The move down was awful. Took over 12 hours because we literally hit two major accidents in VA. Why is VA like the longest state anyway? Anyway we wound up stopping halfway on the move back for the night and then it wasn't so bad, but yea I hate road trips!

Although if it were only a 7.5 hour ride to Disney I may make an exception Lol

Jess G

Original Poster
Following along! I don't blame you on hating the road trips. SC to NY is a haul! I used to live in NC and my family is all in NY, so I usually just flew home. I took the road trip with friends once back home and it was pretty bad. They drove through the night. I've only made the drive on the move down and the move back. The move down was awful. Took over 12 hours because we literally hit two major accidents in VA. Why is VA like the longest state anyway? Anyway we wound up stopping halfway on the move back for the night and then it wasn't so bad, but yea I hate road trips!

Although if it were only a 7.5 hour ride to Disney I may make an exception Lol

omg Virginia is never ending...I'm hoping the NY - SC stretch will prepare us for this one. I'm hoping to feel like "ahhh that was nothing" lol.

Jess G

Original Poster
Continuing on with my plans for the trip :)

11/11 HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! EMH TILL 10PM
leave CSR by 10:30am
Little mermaid & Indiana Jones
Boardwalk bakery for QS lunch then back to HS
1-2 star tours
2-3 muppets
BREAK AT HOTEL
head back to HS by 6pm
QS dinner @ HS
7-8 toy story mania (be there @ 7)
8pm star wars fireworks
EMH
Side note: we haven't been inside of HS since April 2015 .... We boycotted on our last trip because I wasn't so pleased with the thought of strenuous amounts of construction and Hubby (believe it or not) is TERRIFIED of any ride that moves any more than 7DMT... I on the other hand love love love all big rides and take advantage of single rider... I usually skip TOT because 1) No single rider line 2) I would much rather go on RRC over and over again. But we really missed HS, and with the star wars fireworks and jingle bell jingle bam going on we will be visiting twice this time around.

11/12 no park this day
12:30pm Raglan Road "brunch" (we'll eat lunch food most likely)
Resort hop the "disney springs" resorts (OKW & SSR)
pool time/ get ready for dinner
6:30pm horse and carriage ride at POR :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
7:30pm Boatwrights ADR
go to bar at french quarter :)
Side note: Although I've heard very mixed reviews about Boatwrights I do want to say that my hubby LOVES the crawfish dish at Boatwrights. This is a "must do" every trip and we always call ahead and request Kerri the waitress. (she is AWESOME!)

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG

Jess G

Original Poster
Continuing on with my daily plans :)

11/13 AK Day!
11:25-12:25 Safari
12:30 Tusker house lunch!!
2-3 Kali river rapids
5:30 lion king
QS dinner flame tree for me! / Yak and Yeti for him
Side note: Fingers crossed for ROL ... Fingers crossed for extending hours passed 7pm !!!

11/14 EPCOT
11:25-12:25 mission space
12:35 garden grill lunch...???
2:10-3:10 spaceship earth
3:15-4:15 FROZEN!
break @ hotel
try for 4th FP for test track
back to epcot by 6
Snack around the world for dinner
9pm illuminations
Side note: I'm SO torn with garden grill... It's on my list of restaurants I want to try one day and I'm on the dining plan so I thought this would be a good time to try but I REALLY want to try Tutto Italia dinner so I'm religiously checking for a reservation for this day... If I succeed I will most likely snack around the world for lunch and head to Italy for dinner

11/15 EPCOT AGAIN (EMH 11PM)
10:45-11:45 Soarin
11:55-12:55 Nemo
QS Lunch in epcot
2-3 mission space
break @ hotel
get back by 7
QS dinner in Epcot
9PM illuminations
EMH till 11pm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom