2 Systems to watch for first week of October

BigRedDad

Original Poster
It is still a long way out and odds are still in favor of a hurricane not hitting while we are there. However, Lisa is way out in the Atlantic and will need to be watched. Now, there is a second one popping up in the Caribbean that may need to be watched even more closely.

No panic button yet, but definitely not something I needed to worry about last week.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a time where statistics are your friend and can provide you a little peace of mind. WDW has been open for around 14235 days. Of those 14235 days they have been closed twice for hurricanes. Odds are in your favor that absolutely nothing will happen.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
That's why I am not overly concerned. I lived in South FL for 29 years. Only had 2 scares prior to Andrew (I was in college when it hit).

bamillerpa

This is a time where statistics are your friend and can provide you a little peace of mind. WDW has been open for around 14235 days. Of those 14235 days they have been closed twice for hurricanes. Odds are in your favor that absolutely nothing will happen.

Thanks for the statistic. I'm showing this to my husband who is completely paranoid about hurricanes hitting when we are there anytime during hurricane season. Maybe this will make him calm down!

Damian31

Thanks for the statistic. I'm showing this to my husband who is completely paranoid about hurricanes hitting when we are there anytime during hurricane season. Maybe this will make him calm down!

me too!! I watch the hurricane centre constantly as we will arrive on Friday this week! I am obsessed! Weather forums are saying this maybe another hurricane charley:eek:. Too early to tell yet though

I then feel guilty as I am worried about my vacation when other people are worried about their homes and lives...

bamillerpa

We are arriving Friday too! I've been planning this for so long and hoping that the bad weather stays away!! I know that there are more important things to worry about than a ruined vacation and that my concern should really be for the people that live down there but that doesn't stop me from wanting to have a good time at Disney (without rain and hurricanes!)!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I tend to worry more about a hurricane affecting my flights to MCO than my actual time at WDW. Flights home I don't worry as much about... "Gee! Stuck in Disney!"

Damian31

forecasting models have the system now turning into a hurricane in the next couple of days. Most are speculating this will curve north (it is currently going west) and could hit florida about 30th to 1st October. All speculation at the moment as it has not become a hurricane and no one can predict which way it will go.

DecWDW

Hmm, how about that! I happened to have been there on one of those days!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmm, how about that! I happened to have been there on one of those days!
Don't feel bad. A mutual friend of my wife and I was there for both. We informed them to forward their future Disney travel plans to us so we could make sure never to be there at the same time as them.:lol:

Looks like the tropical depression (possibly to be named Tropical Storm Nicole) will head through FL tomorrow. We'll get hit with rain on Wednesday, and Central FL should be clearer starting mid-Thursday morning, with better weather afterwards (low probability of rain on a few afternoons).

For those heading in to Disney over the next day or so, don't fret. The storm's highest wind probability is estimated to be at 45mph or less when it comes through. We might get ponding and/or flooding in some areas. I doubt that the weather will be bad enough to close Disney or other local parks, although I do wonder about some of the entertainment going on in the evening (it'll be soggy for HHN, MNSSHP, etc).

To those heading in Friday, I'd bet your flights in and time at the parks will not be hindered at all. Just bring an umbrella and rain jacket for the occasional afternoon storm.

ErickainPA

We leave on Sunday, but weather.com was saying chances of rain are up to the weekend, all next week was showing clear so far. Just 2 weeks ago it was saying rain on Sun and Mon. at the 60% range. But now it says 0%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom