2 rooms ressies..FP+?

Alison1975

Original Poster
We have two separate room reservations for 6 people total.. we are all linked on MDE ..I think... will it be hard to make our selections..

TheMouseFan

We have two separate room reservations for 6 people total.. we are all linked on MDE ..I think... will it be hard to make our selections..
It shouldn't be. We had three rooms when we went in June, but I had them all under my profile. I had no issues whatsoever getting FP+ for all 11 people involved and changing attractions for some of the group for some of the FP+ times. If you need some of the FP+ to all be the same, and others to be different, just book them all the same to start with, then go back and adjust the ones that need changed. It was much easier that way!

Rob562

I think the most important part of planning now is making sure that you have everyone set up in MDE correctly, and then linking the reservations and tickets properly. Ideally, each adult would have their own login and profile in MDE. If there are children involved, create a "managed by you" profile under their parents' account.

Then make sure all profiles are inter-linked to all the other profiles. (It's not enough just to make sure that the lead profiles are connected. You have to connect to each and every person) Make sure that when you go into Friends and Family you can see each person listed.

I suggest that all of that happens before any reservations or tickets are linked. Then comes time to link things. Make sure hotel reservations are linked to the "lead Guest" and everyone else in the room, as well as tickets. (If it's a package that includes tickets, they're linked automatically)

Lastly, when you hit 60 days you can then start making FP+ choices for everyone you have listed.

-Rob

DVCPluto

We have two rooms booked for Dec for 4 adults and 1 kid. I am the only one with an MDE account and this has been the easiest trip to plan so far, because of the one account.

In the past, I have asked other adults to create their own accounts and then "friend" me or vice versa. However, this was not very straight forward and took multiple tries. It was a pain.

For this trip, I created profiles for the other adults in my MDE account. I linked all tickets and rooms, made ADRs and FP+ selections.

This only works though, if you are the planner and the other adults do not have annual passes or tickets they want to use on other trips. If everyone is ok with you controlling and planning everything, then that's the way to go.

weatherdude

It shouldn't be a problem, as long as you have the correct settings on MDE, where you are linked and allow others to make selections for you (or vice versa). We have 4 rooms next week (7 adults, 3 kids) and I was able to make Dining and FP+ reservations for everyone. It was very easy.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I think the most important part of planning now is making sure that you have everyone set up in MDE correctly, and then linking the reservations and tickets properly. Ideally, each adult would have their own login and profile in MDE. If there are children involved, create a "managed by you" profile under their parents' account.

Then make sure all profiles are inter-linked to all the other profiles. (It's not enough just to make sure that the lead profiles are connected. You have to connect to each and every person) Make sure that when you go into Friends and Family you can see each person listed.

I suggest that all of that happens before any reservations or tickets are linked. Then comes time to link things. Make sure hotel reservations are linked to the "lead Guest" and everyone else in the room, as well as tickets. (If it's a package that includes tickets, they're linked automatically)

Lastly, when you hit 60 days you can then start making FP+ choices for everyone you have listed.

-Rob
Everything appears linked..but I am 82 days out..when I click "make FP+" it only shows ME.. now I know its too early but I was hoping to at least test if we are all there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom