Pre-Trip 2 Peas in a Disney Pod

The countdown has reached double-digits, so I figured that the time for my first pre-trip report has come! I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and musings! Comments and suggestions welcomed. :)

IMG_5414.JPG

The Cast
Me (23) and my fiancé “J” (24)

We're thrill seekers, food fiends, dawn-to-dusk champs, and appreciators of the simple Disney things.

The Story
I’ve been going to Walt Disney World all my life with my family. This will be my 33rd trip!

When J and I started dating in 2008, a lot of the conversation on my side revolved around Disney (of course). He had never been before, and probably never gave it a second thought…until now. I must have *somehow* convinced him to take his first trip to WDW with his mom. Lo and behold, he found it to be amazing, and everything just snowballed from there.

We got to take our first trip to WDW in May of 2010, then 2011, then 2012, (also our first Disney Cruise!), and just discovered the magic of fall at Disney last year in 2013. I never got to experience Disney at this time of year as a kid, so finally being free of school, it was a new experience for the both of us.

Now we’re back for more. September 2014, we’re comin’ for ya!

The Celebration
Well, it’s an anniversaryengagementcelebration! It’s our anniversary, we are now engaged, and any trip to Disney is a reason to celebrate! I was SO excited to call Disney and update our reservation! Why? Only for the most sensible reason in the world…to add a new pin to the collection!

I proudly display these babies and may or may occasionally rearrange them and pretend I’m playing Mission: SPACE Advanced Training Lab by tapping them in random algorithms.

The Plan
September 4th – September 13th: 10 days at the Happiest Place on Earth!

All Star Sports – Value resorts work wonders for us. I love that the bus stops is less than 5 minutes away. I love the automatic doors that open into a flood of sound from the shops and food court. I love that it allows us to afford 9 nights instead of 5 or 6. They are our cheerful Disney home.

We’re on the Disney Dining Plan. I must say, so far, this is what’s looking to be the highlight of our trip. We are not doing Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year, nor Food & Wine Festival, having experienced both last year. MNSSHP was a blast! We dressed as Lilo & Stitch and it was one of the most unique experiences I’ve had so far at Disney. But for the price, we decided it didn’t need to become a yearly tradition. Food & Wine was also a spectacular first for us (we will most definitely return), but man…I missed eating at EPCOT’s restaurants. So that’s our focus this trip. True value season to enjoy all the parks have to offer, and the food. Oh, the food!

Boma (dinner) – a first for the both of us. We visited Animal Kingdom Lodge very briefly once, so we are excited to give it a more thorough investigation this time!

Biergarten (dinner) – we haven’t been here since 2011. I also wasn’t 21 then…hmm. One of my most favorite atmosphere restaurants. And the pretzel bread.

Sci Fi Dine In (dinner) – J has never been here, and I haven’t been here in AGES. But he wants that All-American Picnic Burger and I guess I have to be there to make sure he doesn’t get sick! ;) (Paying OOP)

Be Our Guest (dinner) – Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie, and the ballroom scene is my dream come true. So you can imagine how happy I was to experience this last year. Well, we’re back, and we will be back always and forever because this is my happy place.

Kouzzina (dinner) – I never heard of this place until researching for this year’s trip. But the menu caught our attention, and it’s closing soon! I want to be a part of Disney’s history books! Plus, this makes for a fun night for strolling around the Boardwalk.

Coral Reef (lunch) – This is such a fun place. Last time we were here, this huge, crusty fish swam right by the tank where we were sitting and it freaked me out. Memorable moments.

Garden Grill (dinner) – A first for J, and it’s been a while for me. But it’s not rotating?! I hope this is fixed soon, because yes, Living with the Land is my #1 reason for eating here. Granted, I haven’t been here since the menu overhaul (mac and cheese & dirt cups anyone?) If we do decide to change, I think we will fall back on one of our staples: Tokyo Dining. We love sitting by the window and being sushi fiends.

San Angel Inn (lunch) – Absolutely one of my most favorite atmosphere restaurants. The whole you’re-indoors-but-it-looks-like-you’re-outdoors thing makes me so happy. I get lost in the magic. I can smell the food now too…

Rose & Crown (dinner) – Hoping to get a seat outside along Showcase Lagoon (early dinner, non-Illuminations). We haven’t done that before, so I think it will be a nice change. However, I did make these reservations during this epic winter, so we will see when the time actually comes: will we take the view, or the AC relief?

Ohana (dinner) – I’ve never been here before! I can’t believe it’s taken us this long to get on Ohana. But it’s happening now! Can’t wait for the fun and games, skewers of meat, and watching not Wishes, but Hallowishes afterwards.

That's all I have for now. Hope you follow along - thanks for reading!

IMG_5421.JPG

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
They are here!!!

IMG_5977.JPG

I checked the status of the bands while I was at work yesterday and saw that they had been delivered! I was itching to go home so badly after that. I told my dad they had come, and he texted me this morning asking if I slept with it on. I told him I only wore it around the house for an hour or so. :D They’re a little stiff and not as comfortable as I thought they’d be. I guess we need to break them in!

Next on the list…will probably be emptying our coin jar. Or in our case, this awesome Winnie the Pooh piggybank that I painted.

IMG_5972.JPG

Last year, we had ended up with $183 in change and ended up using that to pay for all the tips and even a few souvenirs! But that number is pretty skewed due to the fact that J’s mom had donated a hoard of coins she had probably been collecting for a decade. But we truly started from scratch this time. So while it won’t hold us over for this entire trip, it’s going to interesting to see how much we collected over the year.

A pleasant little surprise: Frozen Summer Fun has been extended to our trip! I had been hoping for this. I liked the movie (I’m not a HUUGE FANATIC – it didn’t crack my Top 5) but I’m just more excited to see a little more action at Hollywood Studios! I can’t wait for the processional, the big summer blowout, and of course, the FIREWORKS! Also, the ice skating thing is really intriguing. I iceskated for 5 or 6 years and think it would be kinda fun to iceskate in a tank top and shorts. I wonder if it’s worth $10 for 30 minutes though? Definitely going to check it out either way. ;)

Frozen-Summer-Fun004-e1404597532841-600x800.jpg

I’m really glad that we decided on the second Hollywood Studios day now, because this will now be a focus of our Saturday day, and our weekday visit to HS can be more of the traditional visit that we always enjoy. They also extended the park hours, and HS is probably my second favorite nighttime park for some unexplainable reason. Maybe it’s Tower of Terror at night? The twinkling shops? I just can’t explain it. Sadly, they took away our MK nighttime EMH, but they kind of gave back in this way. Disney giveth, Disney taketh away, that sort of thing. I guess this makes it easier for us to watch the Kiss Goodnight on that day. It’s all good!

3 WEEKS!!! :jawdrop:

FlaggNL

Thanks!! You too! Have fun making your FP selections!! :D

Thanks! The fun for that have to wait some more days... we are off-site so only 30 days prior to the trip we can make the selections.... off course we are already considering which.. probably parades and wishes :)

belledream

Original Poster
Thanks! The fun for that have to wait some more days... we are off-site so only 30 days prior to the trip we can make the selections.... off course we are already considering which.. probably parades and wishes :)
Sounds like a good plan. I'm so excited to see Festival of Fantasy for the first time!!

FlaggNL

Sounds like a good plan. I'm so excited to see Festival of Fantasy for the first time!!

Well... we are excited about everything :) LOL! For Ria and Sacha a firsttimer and for me 25 years ago so almost also firsttimer :) But I understand you completely! Festival of Fantasy will be great!! (we hope :) LOL)

belledream

Original Poster
Well... we are excited about everything :) LOL! For Ria and Sacha a firsttimer and for me 25 years ago so almost also firsttimer :) But I understand you completely! Festival of Fantasy will be great!! (we hope :) LOL)
Wow! That is quite a lengthy period. I hope you all have the time of your lives!!!

belledream

Original Poster
One. More. Day. Tomorrow will be here before we know it! All checked in for our 6:30 AM flight – you know what that means: WAKING UP AT 3 AM! It’s not hard when you are going to DISNEY! I told my brother that when I had to wake up at 5 to drive him to school one day. And I did...waking him up in the morning beaming “GOOD MORNING!” and he was like, “…you’re not going to Disney.” Mean. :(

But tomorrow I am!!! My body is ready to consume indecent amounts of food. My powerwalking skills are at the top of their game. My heart and mind are ready to engage in that wonderful Disney magic 24/10.

Got my airplane reading: (because J is gifted and can sleep through anything, and I can’t – much less so when I’m on a Disney-high!)
IMG_6094.JPG

Can’t wait to see what we discover...the little details that Disney thinks of! :inlove:

A glorious adventure is about to begin…thanks for following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom