2 days - enough time?

Minnesota disney fan

Yes, OP, we are struggling with this issue too. We are going in November for 10 days, and want to spend one day at Universal studios side only. 2 years ago we went to IOA for HP and all the other attractions, so don't need to do it again. The studios side seems to fit us better with MIB, The Mummy, Minions, and of course the new HP area:) We have kicked around whether to get EP or not. We have decided to just go ahead and get the EP for the 2 of us (adults). We will only ride the attractions once, so the EP is okay for us. Since we probably won't go back for a while, we feel it is worth the extra money to get the EP. Please let us know how it goes for you and what you actually used. Thanks and have fun:)

Minnesota disney fan

Oh I forgot. We are going to get a taxi at our resort in WDW. We looked into Mears, but I guess they make several stops and you never know how many they will do? We have heard not too good reviews for Uber, sorry, so decided a taxi will take us there quickly and before opening, which is important to us. We checked the cost and it seems the same as Mears.

BrianV

A girl can dream! We are currently 4 adults (2 couples) sharing a room at All Star Movies! :hilarious::( We're on a bit of a budget! :facepalm:

So a suggestion if saving money is key...currently you are taking a taxi to and from universal twice. And you are potentially buying express pass twice.

If instead you do indeed get a room at a deluxe at universal you could get free express pass for two days (they would be consecutive so you'd need to make a slight itinerary change). You'd save on two taxi trips too.

You might find that a night at all star movies plus four taxi rides plus 2 days of express pass for your group is more than one night at the royal pacific plus two taxi rides.

Disneydreamer23

I went to Universal/Islands of Adventure for 4 days last September. I seen every thing, BUT, I didn't get to take my time in the new area for harry potter. There is a lot of shops that are inspired by the movie and if your fans you want to do that and I would say you would need at least 4-5 hours. Express pass I would say no because you cant use it on HP any way. I would combine 2water parks in 2 day and do 3 days at universal! Have Fun!

Mouse_Trap

A girl can dream! We are currently 4 adults (2 couples) sharing a room at All Star Movies! :hilarious::( We're on a bit of a budget! :facepalm:

The kind of bad news is that by splitting the trip you could have stayed at one of Universal's Deluxe hotels for the price you're paying for a Disney motel room.

Just this week I was pricing up an 11 night trip for next year. To stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge come out at £2,400 ($3,600) more expensive then an otherwise identical stay at Universal's Portofino Bay hotel. That was just a standard room (aka car park view) at AKL too, not too mention the free unlimited Express passes that would be included free with the Universal option.

Personally, 3 days is a minimum to see both Universal parks anywhere near properly and 4 days wouldn't be hard especially in peak season. I laugh at the people who say they do both parks in one day or some even half a day. Presumably they do the whole of WDW including the water parts in 2 days also. Either that or they just don't ride anything.

Either way, your never going to see everything in the time you have available, and from experience don't try to by packing it all in. It will only spoil it. My biggest concern with your itinerary is you have no downtime, and in the Florida summer heat and humidity that's very tough going. Especially when you have to adjust from the summer we're having so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom