Pre-Trip 2 Broke Guys (now with Table of Contents!)

Important note: First post edited 7/13/17 to make this odyssey easier to follow!

The reason is I started this pre-trip report over a year ago to help plan our most important trip ever (so far) our 10 year wedding anniversary trip.

However, we have AP's, and we took many short "side-trips" along the way. Rather than creating so many Trip Report threads and looking like a total egomaniac, I just added those mini-TR's into this same thread.

People have said it was hard to follow (I can see that.) Someone suggested putting a "table of contents" in the beginning. So that's what I'm doing. Then you can skip to the pages with the other trip reports, or just read the ones pertaining to "the big one" coming up in early September, 2017.

I will post that trip report separately when it finally happens, but will of course link to it here.

Speaking of linking here, here's a little background. This old post details our vow renewals a few years ago, for a very specific reason. If you haven't read my other trip reports or interacted with me very much on the boards, it kind of sets the stage for what's to come. Here's that link:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...orporate-disney-into-your-vow-renewal.903761/

What follows is the original first post (from 2/11/16) of this long, long thread. At the end of it, I'll put the table of contents to guide you through the rest of the thread.

I am sitting here in a hotel in Tampa, just an hour away from "home." And I'm thinking about it LOL. Oh, am I thinking about it.

When I'm "home home" - in Fort Lauderdale, I never have time to do more than some quick posts because I am always busy with work.

This is going to be a long-@ss pre-trip report.

Not necessarily this first post, but the report as a whole - by necessity, since the trip isn't until early September 2017. And I know I can use some help and advice in putting this all together - it's a very special trip - and have already begun organizing my thoughts based on discussions on this forum.

The basic premise is this: We are going to spend our 10-year wedding anniversary celebration at WDW, with the centerpiece of that trip to be the biggest dinner we can afford at Victoria & Albert's (hopefully the chef's table.) One of the things we enjoy most about Disney in our forties are the amazing meals at places like the Flying Fish Cafe and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I expect this meal will be at least as mind-blowing, but probably more.

The catch is - it costs a freaking fortune (at least to us.) I'm estimating something like $600 to $800 when all is said and done(?) And there is no way I could justify spending that much money on one meal.

Except...we have the Disney Chase Visa card, and have come to rely on this for our last several trips. This has opened doors to new experiences that we couldn't afford before. Instead of getting a 4-day ticket, we started getting AP's. Instead of staying off property, we started staying at Disney Moderates. And loved it!

And - we have a year off (sort of) to save up for this magical trip and important celebration. For the last several years, we've been getting the Florida Resident Weekday Select Annual Pass every other year, never two years in a row. I think it's good to go away and miss it for awhile, especially with all the work being done. Stay away for a year and come back to lots of little surprises. (Like those metal detectors! Ha!) They're fine. Anyway, that's the responsible side of me to say we shouldn't spend that much money every year. (We really shouldn't.)

But the advantage of that in this case is to amass Disney Chase Visa card points for months on end (sort of.) We used up all the rest of our points on our last short trip in January of 2016. But then at the end of the month, we earned more money. It's just sitting there...LOL.

Well, I made a deal with myself - if I can save up that $700 or $800 just in Chase points, then I can justify booking that meal at Victoria & Albert's. So that is the first goal. I know somebody will tell me when is the first day I can book it, and I will make a note on my phone so I don't forget LOL.

Based on January rewards being $146.50, I'm thinking this should be cake. (Mmm...cake...)

I'm not saving up for this September, but next September 2017. Total cake, right?!

Then we have to figure out where to stay. I'd like it to be our first Deluxe (possibly on the special floor with the extra goodies) and probably our first DVC rental. DVC Upside - real cost is less. Downside - can't pay for it with Disney Chase dollars LOL. That is funny, but it is a real consideration.

There's the obvious choice - to stay in the Grand Floridian to be where Victoria & Albert's is.

I don't know if that would be my favorite place in general.

I think my favorite place might be the Polynesian - I like the food & the vibe - and the walking into MK. I think that's a must on this trip - have to be able to walk to somewhere. That would include all of the Boardwalk area properties, which are fine with me as well.

Or AK with the Savannah view.

Then there's the corny and sentimental way - 10 years ago, our honeymoon was to Key West. They have a Key West DVC hotel. We love Olivia's. Somehow it doesn't seem big deal enough or have something special like a footpath to MK lol.

At the very least, a monorail resort, even if not walking distance, would be preferred.

Then we have to figure out whether or not to bring the dog or leave her home, drive or fly, diet for 6 months for the pictures LOL. Maybe this one and only trip would be worth memory maker?

I want to really blow it out - something we will never forget. Go for the upgrades. Pick the right tour or tours. So much to discuss!!

I will end each post in this saga like the parodied "2 Broke Girls" TV show, with the dollar amount of whatever they have left or have made at the end of the show, so you can see where they are in their goal.

So for example, tonight's would be:

$146.50

I'll add in any WDW Gift Cards I might buy or receive in the next year as part of what's saved up for that trip. My free BJ's trial period just expired, so I won't be getting any discounted GC's from them.

Now - the potential issue: there is no way we are not going to go to Disney in some way until September of 2017. We are toying with skipping our usual January or April trip in order to go full-on crazy in September.

But we are also toying with things like my dilemma as I sit here in this hotel with all this time to type. We're less than an hour away. I told this story in more detail at the end of my last trip report thread, so I'll just make it very short: Brian is working in Tampa from the end of January until the middle of February (over three weeks.) Yesterday I packed up our pup and drove up to visit, with our Valentine's Day gifts in tow (mostly specialty sugar-free chocolate dipped pretzels potato chips, oreos, plus peppermint bark, etc. We know we won't see each other for Valentine's Day, so basically tomorrow is it, unless I stay until Saturday morning.

Since no WDW trip was planned, I did not bring either my Tables In Wonderland card, or my Chase rewards gift card. But I called, and confirmed I could go to Guest Services and get another gift card (which of course can be loaded automatically.) There's a nice lunch reservation open. There's a spot for the pup at Best Friends Pet Care for 1/2 day care.

On the one hand - this would be something like a 45 minute to 1 hour drive for Brian from 12:30 to 1:30 to go to a special Disney lunch at 1:50, hang out for a bit, and then drive back 45 minutes to an hour to go to work by 4PM until 4AM. (I would have my own car, spend more money buying Disney records for my record store after lunch, go pick up the dog, and drive home to Fort Lauderdale.)

The other option is to drop the pup off at Petco in Tampa for a shampoo, and then hurry to whatever local restaurant is near that Petco, and meh.

Who would ever forget picking up and driving to WDW just for lunch for Valentine's Day (early) There's a fun story to remember when we're in our 60's LOL.

But it would already deplete our current total towards our V&A goal:

$146.50

OK, that was the first post of this whole thing. Now here comes the table of contents. Separate trip reports will be listed in bold. Regular stuff won't.

Posts 1-11 planning.
Posts 12-18: "The Blip Report" - a spur of the moment, one day drive over to the Yacht Club for Valentine's Day lunch at Captain's Grille (with dog.)
Posts 19-70 planning.
Posts 71-199 (page 4) pre-trip (back pain) & TR for 3-day quickie in September 2016 for Food & Wine (no dog, meeting Tuvalu, car trouble LOL) (skip it if you're only in for the anniversary trip!)
Posts 200-210 stuff. (starts bottom of page 10)
Posts 211-258-ish (begins page 11) "micro-trip" - had to go back up to get our car, might as well visit the Mouse!
Posts 258-ish to 276 planning.
Posts 277-283 (page 14) Pre-trip for almost Christmas at Saratoga Springs
Posts 284-331 planning, chit-chat, Thanksgiving
Posts 332-380 (page 17) That almost Christmas trip at Saratoga Springs
Posts 381-392 (Page 20) mostly chit-chat
Posts 393-561 (starts on page 20) (Several short trips back and forth since Brian had sporadic work in Orlando - all with dog!) Including Flower & Garden, Tiffins, more Tiffins, Valentine's Day again, RoL, and to confuse things, somwhere around #522 I'm at WDW but also planning the September 2017 trip (it was the 180 day mark for ADR's!)
Posts 562-569 chit chat
Posts 570-605 (page 29) - omg another quickie trip, Paddlefish
Posts 606-614 chit chat
Posts 615-657 (page 31) omg another trip - Wishes at Cali Grill (our last time seeing it)
Posts 658-694 chit chat, Record Store Day, Nashville
Posts 695- serious September planning!!

Last edited:

Songbird76

Remia Frietsaus is a classic, at least in my family. We never have mayo with fries. And I am sorry @Tony the Tigger but disco fries sound disgusting to me. I do like satay sauce like @Songbird76. I haven't lived in the Netherlands for so long I have gotten used to just eating ketchup when I have fries but when I am visiting family it is frietsaus only.;)
So funny because I have never seen a Dutch person eat anything other than mayo or satay or is it Curry that's like a spiced ketchup thing? on their fries. (I always get curry/kerry/ketchup mixed up because ketchup is soy sauce, curry is ketchup, and kerry is curry? Super confusing) I thought friet saus was only a mickey D's thing....so what exactly is friet saus then??

12in12

Sorry @Tony the Tigger for high jacking your thread but I am sure this will get lost in your epic TR.
Frietsaus is a lot like mayo but less creamy, it does look like mayo and if you go to a snack bar you always get frietsaus not mayo. If you live in the Netherlands you can buy a bottle at any supermarket. (Buy the Remia one not a cheap knock off.)
And the spiced ketchup is curry ketchup, that's actually German in origin but we made it our own.;)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
(I'm Italian. I'll put gravy (tomato sauce) on almost anything.

I'm married to one. So yeah...if it's a cooked protein and doesn't crawl off the plate, it's gonna get gravy.:hilarious: We won't even talk about the garlic. Some of the stuff he puts garlic on. :eek:

Enjoying your updates by the way...been following since the beginning and looking fwd to reading all about Sept!

Thank you, @SSH ! Yes, garlic as well. I had to teach Brian to use fresh and not the precut crap in a jar. And we always have a fresh basil plant in the kitchen.

This is why I want to try the lobster pasta dish with tomatoes at Flying Fish. My Grandma made 3 pots of gravy on Christmas Eve (as part of the "Seven Fishes" tradition.) She made a regular Sunday meatball & bracciole gravy, a calamari gravy, and a lobster gravy. I would just about kill for that lobster gravy. It was flavored with small rock lobster tails. Amazing. Yet unavailable almost anywhere at any restaurant.

Whew! Forty pages! This thing took me over a week to complete! I think your anniversary trip sounds absolutely perfect.

Thank you so much and welcome aboard, @Missy_May !

I just made it to page 30 today...I've been reading 5 pages a day trying to get caught up!!
I can't wait for more adventures!

Thanks, @Songbird76 !

Sorry @Tony the Tigger for high jacking your thread but I am sure this will get lost in your epic TR.
Frietsaus is a lot like mayo but less creamy, it does look like mayo and if you go to a snack bar you always get frietsaus not mayo. If you live in the Netherlands you can buy a bottle at any supermarket. (Buy the Remia one not a cheap knock off.)
And the spiced ketchup is curry ketchup, that's actually German in origin but we made it our own.;)

It's no hijack – casual thread, the conversation goes where it goes! Thanks for explaining what freitsaus is!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yes, garlic as well. I had to teach Brian to use fresh and not the precut crap in a jar. And we always have a fresh basil plant in the kitchen.

upload_2017-7-25_17-23-38.png

BuddyThomas

I had never heard of freisaus until just now!

Brian is basically Irish-German heritage ( I think there may be a little Scotch in there, too.)

I do like condiments and sauces, especially tomato-based (I'm Italian. I'll put gravy (tomato sauce) on almost anything. I do like ketchup for my fries, although we did have some nice fancy fries at Paddlefish.

There is also something at the New Jersey diners called "disco fries." It was never a preference of mine, but my friends used to order it all the time and so I would pick a little. It was fries with brown gravy (like turkey gravy) with melted mozzarella on top.

I think (?) it is similar to the Canadian poutine (?)
Sheesh - sorry I missed all your updates. I have been too busy arguing with idio......ahem.....I mean....people....down in the Politics forum. I pledged to stay away, but they are just posting so much misinformation down there. I need some disco fries to take my mind off of it. ;)
Disco fries.jpg

Songbird76

Sheesh - sorry I missed all your updates. I have been too busy arguing with idio......ahem.....I mean....people....down in the Politics forum. I pledged to stay away, but they are just posting so much misinformation down there. I need some disco fries to take my mind off of it. ;)
View attachment 218357
Holy cow, that seems unhealthy...could cause a heart attack or stroke! And the fries don't look like health food, either. :hilarious: I avoid the politics thread on here because I get into enough heated discussions on my facebook.

Songbird76

So...

First - glad I went with my gut. Thoroughly enjoyed that sandwich and just relaxing at my lovely CBR to eat it, catch up on morning emails (work) etc.

I thought afterwards I might walk a lap around the resort, which I always do when I stay there - and maybe steal a few minutes in a hammock even though I'm not a guest. Again, gorgeous weather.

But first, a drink to relax...

Like last time, Mike ("our" bartender at CBR) was not there. Unlike ever, there was a line 6 people deep in the center of the bar. There was one guy sitting with his feet up on another chair taking up most of the left side. There was another guy sitting on the right side of the bar and a few empty chairs. I sat in the very last empty chair on the right side of the bar.

They had Crown Apple! Woo hoo! I ordered one on the rocks with lemon. The bartender, Stephanie, asked if I wanted a double and said it was only two bucks more. Oh, twist my arm. (It wasn't two bucks more - it was four bucks more when the bill came, but ok, it's a pricey drink.)

The guy near me happened to mention Mike the bartender. I remarked that Mike was "good people."

Big mistake. Huge. (Not really, but fun to use that line.)

This guy would not shut up. Ever. He was already toasty. He's from Illinois (2 miles from Peoria) his wife just had spinal fusion surgery and couldn't make this trip but he's been here 9 days, loves Mike and is leaving tomorrow.

He was loud. He was obnoxious. The bartender could not keep up with the line of people waiting for drinks and he kept pestering her. He was carrying on a conversation with two women from NJ at a nearby table.

Finally he asked me where my wife was. :confused:

Apparently I looked surprised. :jawdrop:

He mentioned my wedding band. I said, "My husband, actually. He's at work."

"You're sh***ing me."

"No, he's really at work."

"No, I mean I never would have guessed."

@BuddyThomas you've been there, right?

OK. Yes, I'm gay. Yes, really. No, I don't always queen out but sometimes I do. No, not every gay person you've ever seen lisps - only the ones you think you know are gay. Oh, Lord. Now I'm the Ambassador to Middle America for LGBT Affairs. I'm the White Guy Whisperer.

He was trying his best to be nice about it, and given that he used the n-word once while referring to his black dog, he did pretty well. (We showed each other pictures of our dogs. I showed him a picture of Brian because he was curious and still somehow incredulous.)

He offered to buy me a drink. I said I couldn't have two doubles. OK, he'd buy us a shot. Fine.

Two chilled Patron shots. Lime and salt? No, I don't need that stuff. "Are you sh***ing me again?"

:rolleyes: Remarkably, I'm gay and don't need training wheels for tequila shots. How manly is that?

He mentioned he had been in jail, he was a biker ("Outlaw") who would shoot a Hell's Angel on sight, and that he tried it with a guy once.

What?

Do you see where this is going yet, @BuddyThomas ??

He bought us another shot and declared the next one was on me. When he went to use the restroom, I told the bartender I could not manage another drink but please back him up for one. I freely admit I am a lightweight since I gave up bartending.

Meanwhile, Mike the bartender showed up. This guy (Wesley) was hooting and hollering at Mike, and Mike basically shut him down and ignored him.

Side note: I'm quite buzzed now. And this whole thing has been mostly entertaining - even when Wesley is shouting about gay stuff as the line is 6 people deep for a drink at the Disney bar. (That line never went down until Mike got there.)

One of Wesley's last comments was something to the effect of if things keep going like this, he might take me back to his room.

:hilarious:

Right. Because that would be my privilege. Because that's what we gay guys live for.

:banghead:

I politely reminded him that I was married. I added, perhaps redundantly, that I was "old school."

And yes, he was serious.

I suppose after Mike's rejection and mine, that was enough for Wesley, and he took his drink and left the bar.

I already felt bad for his wife because of the back surgery. I felt even worse for her because her husband was that big of a :hungover:

Mike came over, realized who I was, and apologized for not making eye contact sooner because he couldn't stand that drunk guy LOL.

So...kind of a wth kind of afternoon! "One drink..." But I had fun and chilled out. I needed that.

Side note: "A CM" mentioned the new sit-down restaurant at CBR will be located not far from where my bar stool had been. Yep, it's going that far out into the courtyard.:eek:

And the bar will be in a trailer for an estimated 14 months. :cautious::cry:

B is napping. I should be. And then dinner. Btw, I did find some records at the nearby Goodwill. They're a good source every once in awhile. (**bonus!**)
I find it amusing that you describe yourself as a "lightweight" since you stopped tending bar, but I would be under the table if I drank even as much as you had before you were "slightly buzzed". Although, at Drag Queen Bingo, I didn't drink at all, but everyone else was SLOSHED and I was buying drinks for the "girls", and they did a raffle. I won a bottle of wine...I don't drink wine, so I take it up to the stage and give it to my brother (If he's doing the drag show, does that make him my sister at that moment?) and he announces to the entire room that his sister barely even drinks and SHE wins the booze. I have this thing where I would rather blend in with the wall paper than have people notice me (because I'm probably tripping over my own feet, or a loose sidewalk tile, or air, or running into a door handle) and of course everyone is now looking at me...and then I won another bottle of wine. Good thing it was dark so no one could see how red I was! My brother also announced on my 21st birthday, as I was his designated driver for a Christmas party, that it would be no fun to take me out and get me drunk, because "What's the fun of having her drink half a beer?" :cautious: Me thinks YOU are not a lightweight!!

As for annoying drunk guy, I'm so sorry about that experience. I was in the elevator at the hotel before DQ Bingo started and a guy was trying to make conversation by talking about some sort of freak convention going on, that he had seen a bunch of people dressed in really weird stuff, and a couple of dudes in dresses. Me: "It's Drag Queen Bingo to raise money for AIDS patients. My brother is one of the Queens." Awkward silence. Him: "Oh..is that right? Well I'm driving for Uber and Lyft tonight, so I'll be available if anyone needs rides." :rolleyes: That's right, Dude...not every "hick" from Wyoming is a "red neck".

Songbird76

I'm trying to remember any other times I ever actually left a movie before it was over. I know I desperately wanted to leave "Flatliners," but was there with friends. Ditto "evita" starring Madonna on Christmas day in New York City – it was torture. Three notes - over and over and over. Every song had the same three notes. Get some new notes!

But I don't remember walking out of another one. I wasn't angry or upset, I was just too bored to keep sitting there.
Have you ever heard "The Wedding Song"? AKA "There is Love" I had to sing it for a friend's wedding once....OMG, almost the whole thing is just B flat...over and over. Most boring, unmelodic song ever!!!
We walked out of...I believe it was Scary Movie because it was just SOOO ridiculous. And then some Jennifer Anniston/Paul Rudd movie where they accidentally join a cult? I can't remember the name, but we kept waiting for it to get funny and it never did. They showed all the funny bits in the trailer, so there was nothing new in the actual movie. We have a philosophy that if the movie is bad, you leave, because the only thing worse than wasting money on a bad movie, is wasting money AND time on a bad movie.

Songbird76

OK, we're booked! I like this idea a lot better.

First two nights AKL, second two nights GF club level. :joyfull:

Now just waiting for the fall discounts, and we can maybe even get the prices down a smidge. But it's already 25% off at AKL and 30% off at GF. (I think I've seen them do 35% at Deluxe AP sales.)
So if you've already booked a room at full price, and later, they have a discount, they will give you the discounted price on your existing booking?

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
:eek::joyfull::D:p:

Save 30% on dining at participating locations for dinner before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.
Now through September 30, get an additional 10% discount on your 45th anniversary dining benefit. So come savor even more at participating restaurants, including Artist Point (pictured above), Flying Fish, Jiko—The Cooking Place, Cítricos and more!

OK, it's not all restaurants - will post list below - but we already have a late dinner booked at Jiko, and were probably planning a late one at Flying Fish (methinks I'd better book it now, rather than walk in as I was planning, because this offer may cause it to book up.)

Citricos is now back in play, as is Artist Point (we need more room for more meals!)

Here's the full list:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Me thinks YOU are not a lightweight!!

I will accept that compliment!

Have you ever heard "The Wedding Song"? AKA "There is Love"

Doesn't sound familiar. P.S. I saw that Aniston/Rudd movie on cable. Didn't hate it, but it didn't seem like a theater-worthy flick.

So if you've already booked a room at full price, and later, they have a discount, they will give you the discounted price on your existing booking?

They can. You have to call and ask nicely! I'm still waiting for those fall AP sales.

And...seriously considering a day trip for my bday 8/31 hmmm...

Songbird76

Thanks! I'm more excited now, so I think I made a good choice. Told Brian today.

No luck for next week, however. With the $49 Value nights ending just a few days before I could use one, it was a minimum $200 stay driving up to Nashville, and about a $130 Value resort on the way home. So I'm flying to Nashville! No point driving if I can't stop at WDW lol.

I think I have to book Keys to the Kingdom. I mentioned looking at tours and Brian (who rarely expresses an opinion) said he "would get up early" to see the utilidors. I think KTTK is the only one that does that - unless there is one in Epcot that does it?

That could make for a nice last day (Friday - our actual anniversary.) Get up early, a little club level breakfast snack, get to MK early (assuming they have it that day and it's available, have to check) and that takes us through lunch, a little keepsake pin, and utilidors. Back to the room to chill and then get ready and walk over to V&A for 6:30 dinner. New fireworks after? Depends how late dinner goes, I hear it's long.
I'm super late to the game, but I googled it and the "Backstage Magic" tour does Utilidors, too. It's a 7 hour tour though, and it is more than just one park.

Edit: And now I see you already found that. Sorry. At least now I am all caught up! Woohoo!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I think I'm going to have to add something crazy to the table of contents:

Birthday trip 8/31!

Brian's schedule is amenable, and I've talked myself into it, even though the start date of our anniversary trip has crept back to 9/4.

That means we'd go up early AM 8/31, come home 9/1, and go back 9/4 to 9/9. Who am I, @Tuvalu ??:rolleyes:

The original idea was to book a value for the one night. But - I'm already a little concerned about leaving Kylie for almost 6 whole days. That's the longest we've ever left her home, and sometimes on 3 or 4 day trips we come home to find she has gotten sick or otherwise out of sorts, even with Trysch coming 2 or 3 times a day. And we were not too happy with Trysch on our recent quick trip to Boston (we left Saturday afternoon and came home Sunday night.) She only came once on Saturday, and her last time coming on Sunday was 2:30PM (even though Kylie typically eats dinner at 5PM and we weren't getting home until almost 10PM.)

So, bottom line, if we're going to throw in this extra day trip, gotta bring the pup. That means staying off-property. So in the morning, I'll check availability with the pet-friendly hotels and with Best Friends Pet Care.

I've never done Disney on my birthday. I'd like to see what it's all about, and justify the $64 lobster pasta dish at FF (which will be more like $44 with the new 30% off AP discount - much easier to take!) and then we don't have to shoehorn FF into our anniversary trip. (btw I looked at the FF menu today and other than the lobster dish (thank Gawd) it's almost completely different vs. the last time we went, which was just after the new chef took over.)

Anyway, I figure the next time we might go to WDW near my bday is most likely going to be my 50th and Disney's 50th. I'd like to experience it while I'm still a kid! :D;)

BuddyThomas

I think I'm going to have to add something crazy to the table of contents:

Birthday trip 8/31!

Brian's schedule is amenable, and I've talked myself into it, even though the start date of our anniversary trip has crept back to 9/4.

That means we'd go up early AM 8/31, come home 9/1, and go back 9/4 to 9/9. Who am I, @Tuvalu ??:rolleyes:

The original idea was to book a value for the one night. But - I'm already a little concerned about leaving Kylie for almost 6 whole days. That's the longest we've ever left her home, and sometimes on 3 or 4 day trips we come home to find she has gotten sick or otherwise out of sorts, even with Trysch coming 2 or 3 times a day. And we were not too happy with Trysch on our recent quick trip to Boston (we left Saturday afternoon and came home Sunday night.) She only came once on Saturday, and her last time coming on Sunday was 2:30PM (even though Kylie typically eats dinner at 5PM and we weren't getting home until almost 10PM.)

So, bottom line, if we're going to throw in this extra day trip, gotta bring the pup. That means staying off-property. So in the morning, I'll check availability with the pet-friendly hotels and with Best Friends Pet Care.

I've never done Disney on my birthday. I'd like to see what it's all about, and justify the $64 lobster pasta dish at FF (which will be more like $44 with the new 30% off AP discount - much easier to take!) and then we don't have to shoehorn FF into our anniversary trip. (btw I looked at the FF menu today and other than the lobster dish (thank Gawd) it's almost completely different vs. the last time we went, which was just after the new chef took over.)

Anyway, I figure the next time we might go to WDW near my bday is most likely going to be my 50th and Disney's 50th. I'd like to experience it while I'm still a kid! :D;)
My jealousy has gotten the best of me so I'm sorry that I am going to have to kill you. Errrr....uhhhhh....I mean, have fun! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hope your trip goes well. :)

I'm also happy to hear that you take such good care of Kylie, and we all know how much Kylie likes a good road trip! I've seen that ecstatic little face in photos of her, while she's doing her tourist gig in the back seat of your car, taking in the all scenery, new smells, sounds, etc. She also likes Best Friends kennel for socializing, while you and Brian are out in the parks, or at dinner, etc. By all means--Kylie goes on vacation, too!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom