2.5 days! Last minute tips? Advice?

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
We are surprising our 5 year old daughter on Sunday morning with her first trip to Disney. It has been over 30 years since either my husband or I have been there. I am beyond excited and this is the HARDEST SECRET I HAVE EVER KEPT!!!!

Daughter thinks we are going down the shore for the week, so I can pack without too much hiding. I do have the "surprise" box ready to wrap.

Any last minute ideas/ tips for us? I only booked in June but did get one breakfast at CRT and a late dinner at BOG, last evening's dinner at ARDH. All FP+ are booked (didn't get mine train, thought it was too fast at first, then learned I think we can do it, but now can't get FP+). Hoping I can get one as my 4th FP of the day.

We will be in MK for 3 days, the. Each other park for 1 (not that order).

Any other last minute tips are appreciated!

Scrump520

That is an awesome surprise!!!!!!! Big score that you got the reservation at BOG, any five year old will fall in love with that place! Plans sound really good.

The best tip I could ever tell anyone is to get to the parks EARLY. I'm talking as soon as the park opens! This is a great strategy at any park because you have about 1-2 hours depending on daily crowds to walk on every ride without a wait. You'd be amazed at what you can do before 10AM. It's REALLY fun to get to MK early because of the Welcome Show which is an amazing experience.

I hope this helps and you have a magical trip!!

RMichael21

Honestly, it'll be a HUGE challenge to try to get a 4th 7DMT FP. Just get to the parks before opening, head straight to 7DMT, ride Peter Pan, do Enchanted Tales with Belle, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Pooh, Small World and see Phillharmagic. All of this should be done at a slow and relaxed pace. You want to take it at her pace to keep her attention span longer.

For Epcot, there's really no reason to get up early because most of the popular rides are thrilling. Ride The Seas with Nemo, Journey Into Imagination, Livi g With the Land and other rides.

For Hollywood Studios, I suggest getting up earlier, riding TSMM (or if you have a FP, sleep in). Then see Muppet Vision, Disney Jr. and play in Honey I shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure. I highly recommend the Beauty and The Beast Show as well. If your daughter is a fan of Frozen, be sure to check out some of the Frozen offerings, though some hand out return times and are often all gone within a few hours.

For AK, depending if you have a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris, either get up and do that right away or sleep in. Then see the animal trails and ride some of the smaller rides in Dinoland. Let her explore the boneyard too. I recommend seeing FOTLK and Finding Nemo The Musical to escape the heat if you can fit it into your schedule. Flights of Wonder is also a great show if you have time.

I hope that helps! :)

The Tuna

Great parenting to surprise your child with a dream come true trip. GO and enjoy yourself and enjoy seeing everything through your kids eyes. Nothing better.

FitzherbertFreak

If you guys are able to stay in the park late, I recommend tying to get on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train about an hour before the park closes. Everyone runs to the ride in the morning and the wait in instantly long. If you go late at night you should be able to get on in about a half hour - usually!

PigletIsMyCat

breaks in the middle of the day. if you have park hoppers, start at one park at opening, hit the important rides, and around lunch head back to the resort for some down time. then spend the afternoon at another park, maybe using fp+. everyone i've spoken to who's gone with children in that age say that heading back to the resort for a couple of hours, either to hit the pool or take a nap, makes a huge difference. (we travel without children and often do this because omg the parks can be overstimulating.) heading back to the resort also gives you the option of a more low key lunch: you can either have stuff in your room and save a few bucks, or just hit the food court. OR if you have your own car, mosey off property for something.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We are surprising our 5 year old daughter on Sunday morning with her first trip to Disney. It has been over 30 years since either my husband or I have been there. I am beyond excited and this is the HARDEST SECRET I HAVE EVER KEPT!!!!

Daughter thinks we are going down the shore for the week, so I can pack without too much hiding. I do have the "surprise" box ready to wrap.

Any last minute ideas/ tips for us? I only booked in June but did get one breakfast at CRT and a late dinner at BOG, last evening's dinner at ARDH. All FP+ are booked (didn't get mine train, thought it was too fast at first, then learned I think we can do it, but now can't get FP+). Hoping I can get one as my 4th FP of the day.

We will be in MK for 3 days, the. Each other park for 1 (not that order).

Any other last minute tips are appreciated!

Do NOT accidentally delete a FP+. We did that online and couldn't get a fastpass for character spot at epcot again.

StarWarsGirl

For Hollywood Studios, I suggest getting up earlier, riding TSMM (or if you have a FP, sleep in). Then see Muppet Vision, Disney Jr. and play in Honey I shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure. I highly recommend the Beauty and The Beast Show as well. If your daughter is a fan of Frozen, be sure to check out some of the Frozen offerings, though some hand out return times and are often all gone within a few hours.
As long as you get to DHS by 11 and get a return time for the Sing Along by 11-12, you should be good. I got there the other day at around 10:30, watched the parade, which is at 11, and then got my return time for the sing along at 11:30, and it was for the 12:30 show. They also had plenty of times for the other shows. Oaken's is less crowded in the afternoon, but be aware it closes at 8(as does TSM, GMR, and Animation Courtyard) to make room for Frozen fireworks.

WDWoptmist

The biggest piece of advice I would give especially with a 5 year old and planning on spending 3 days at MK is take your time and relax dont go commando and try to see everything if you miss 1 or 2 things oh well but it avoids meltdowns from the little ones and tension from the old folks lol just relax have a good time dont be afraid to take a break!

JillC LI

It was 30 years between my only childhood trip (8 years old) and my first adult trip too! We took our own kids when they were 5 and 7, and it was so perfect seeing them believe all the magic. I hope it was magical for you as well. Beware though - we've been back 4 more times in the last 7 years now! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom