2,000 Days Straight at Disneyland

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
You are missing the point completely.

I dont see the problem with what the dude is doing. That's like people being upset that I bought season tickets for baseball and actually showed up to all 81 home games. If the guy wants to waste his time going to Disney every single day, then more power to him. Clearly he doesn't have that much of a social life outside of going to the park so it's not bothering me any.

Phroobar

I can see going to Disneyland every day if I could walk there and it was part of my exercise routine. I could walk to the park and do two laps around Disneyland and walk home.

It's not like he is putting blankets out for fireworks shows or grabbing fast passes and selling them to people or standing in line for groups of twenty other people.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I can see going to Disneyland every day if I could walk there and it was part of my exercise routine. I could walk to the park and do two laps around Disneyland and walk home.

Actually isn't there a whole group of seniors that do this? I remember seeing a Youtube video of an older Asian man that does it. He even has a special handshake with CMs.

D

Deleted member 107043

For five and a half years?

No Name

It's sad because he tries to use it as leverage to gain access to media events. He sees himself as a lifestyler with a brand, a mini-celeb, and worthy of VIP/media access. TDA does not agree. I witnessed him yelling at a CM for not letting him into a media event. Not nice.

I can't speak for WDW, but the likelihood of others emulating that there is smaller than at DL, which has a huge AP population. All I can tell you is that right now, TDA would rather this guy stop, and him alerting the local media to his visit count doesn't help his case with them.

Okay, if that's the case and there is more to the story, then I understand. He shouldn't be using it as leverage for anything, and he certainly shouldn't be yelling at people.

Going to the parks for 2,000 days in a row just because it makes you happy... that in itself, I don't find sad.

GiveMeTheMusic

Okay, if that's the case and there is more to the story, then I understand. He shouldn't be using it as leverage for anything, and he certainly shouldn't be yelling at people.

Going to the parks for 2,000 days in a row just because it makes you happy... that in itself, I don't find sad.

I get it, but if you think about it, that means he's gone over five years without ever leaving town. That's a long time to never leave Orange County, even if Orange County is a nice place to be. That I do find kind of sad, but I place a high value on travel of any distance.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I get it, but if you think about it, that means he's gone over five years without ever leaving town. That's a long time to never leave Orange County, even if Orange County is a nice place to be. That I do find kind of sad, but I place a high value on travel of any distance.
Technically though, he counts simply crossing the turnstiles as a "visit" so he could go in at rope drop on Saturday, use the restrooms on main street, leave, drive out of town for the night, and come back and enter the parks an hour before closing on Sunday, repeat the bathroom trip, and still count that as two days of park visiting.

I thought the same thing too though...how did he never go on vacation? What about when he got sick? Boggles the mind.

Kman101

Yeah it's weird but so what? If it makes him happy so be it. But if he has some complex about himself and has a poor attitude then I understand not wanting to support him and his 2000 visits. Why are we so judgement always towards something like this? I don't get why anyone would want to go every single day but to each their own.

Californian Elitist

Yes, to each their own, indeed. Some don't find it weird and some do, myself included. That's fine. I don't believe any of us are passing judgement, just expressing what we think about the matter. That's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom