1st visit to Universal... Questions

Sal33n

Original Poster
Hello,

We will be visiting Universal Studios on Wed September 24th and Fri September 26th. We are also interested in going to Halloween Horror Nights on that Fri the 26th. I am trying to figure out the best way to spend my money on tickets but have some questions:

1) is the HHN only in one park or does it take place in both?

2) Is there enough to do in each park to take up a day each or should I spend extra on park to park tickets? (This question assumes average line waits and/or getting express passes.)

3) I am questioning whether or not to get express passes ahead of time and take advantage of the price discount or wait and see when we get there if we really need them. Can anyone chime in on late September lines/waiting times?

4) If you only get single park tickets does that mean you cannot ride the Hogwarts Express?

Basically boils down to: With the time-frame we are going, do I get single park tickets for two days and have a wait and see attitude for express passes when we get there or park to park tickets with express passes ahead of time(Which is a lot more money, obviously)???

HELP!!!! LOL

JoeCamel

1 HHN is in one park

2 If you want to ride Hogwarts express (you do) then you need a park hopper for at least one day.

3 There is enough to do in each park to spend a day or more in each one.

4 September would not require express passes, they are not valid for the WWHoP attractions so you would not get your value and crowds should be lower during that time.

See #2 above

Post questions and see OI (orlando Informer) touring plans, crowd schedules etc.)

HTH

DisneyDaver

Hello,

We will be visiting Universal Studios on Wed September 24th and Fri September 26th. We are also interested in going to Halloween Horror Nights on that Fri the 26th. I am trying to figure out the best way to spend my money on tickets but have some questions:

1) is the HHN only in one park or does it take place in both?

2) Is there enough to do in each park to take up a day each or should I spend extra on park to park tickets? (This question assumes average line waits and/or getting express passes.)

3) I am questioning whether or not to get express passes ahead of time and take advantage of the price discount or wait and see when we get there if we really need them. Can anyone chime in on late September lines/waiting times?

4) If you only get single park tickets does that mean you cannot ride the Hogwarts Express?

Basically boils down to: With the time-frame we are going, do I get single park tickets for two days and have a wait and see attitude for express passes when we get there or park to park tickets with express passes ahead of time(Which is a lot more money, obviously)???

HELP!!!! LOL

1 - HHN is only taking place in Universal Studios this year. HHN is an awesome event and I would highly recommend it!

2 - Each park can easily take up a whole day, but you need park-to-park to ride Hogwart's Express.

3. In September, I would likely skip buying an express pass. Gringott's will likely still have long lines, but there are no Express Pass lines for that ride right now anyway.

4. Correct, you can't ride HE unless you have park-to-park.

Jeffxz

You will probably want to get express passes for HHN. I'm not sure how busy HHN is in late September, but I go early October of every year and barely get through all the houses WITH express.

HHN express is good for the rides that are open during HHN too, so if the lines are long during the day you should be able to get through them at night.

You might want to consider getting a park 2 park ticket for Wednesday, seeing all of IOA + DA and anything else at USF that isn't running during HHN. Then only go to HHN on Friday with express, see the houses and finish up the rides you missed on Wednesday.

If you don't go to USF during the day Friday, be sure to get to the gates early. It can take 30 mins or so to get through security for HHN.

Sal33n

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate them! With all of your input I have decided to get park to park tickets for both days and not get the express passes. If we find when we are there that the lines are long then we will purchase then and there. For the HHN I am going to purchase the tickets along with express passes for that. I know from experience from Cedar Points Hallow Weekends that they will most likely come in handy with haunted house lines.

JillC LI

Where are you staying. If you are seriously contemplating express passes, it might be worthwhile to stay on property and get the express pass that can be used repeatedly for free.

Sal33n

Original Poster
We are staying at Caribbean Beach since this is primarily a Disney vacation. We decided though to make this years vacation a little longer so we could do a couple days at Universal.

danpam1024

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate them! With all of your input I have decided to get park to park tickets for both days and not get the express passes. If we find when we are there that the lines are long then we will purchase then and there. For the HHN I am going to purchase the tickets along with express passes for that. I know from experience from Cedar Points Hallow Weekends that they will most likely come in handy with haunted house lines.
We never go to HHN without express passes- the lines can get crazy :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom