1st trip booked!

coachwnh

I really think so too. Many people are telling me I won't like it because it's so much smaller and not as "enclosed" as WDW, and it feels like a scaled down Magic Kingdom. But I don't see it that way. Yes, it's smaller than the MK, but they've got so many rides that I'm gonna love. I'm a sucker for the classic dark rides. I'm gonna be in heaven with all the ones they have. And they still have some of the rides that I love at the other WDW parks there.
I love DL because it is so much more intimate. The moment you leave the lobby of the DL Hotel you are in DTD! No buses to worry about, just a short 10 minute walk to the entrance. You can make the walk between CA and DL in less than a minute. You can hold FP in both parks at the same time. There is so much to do and its all so close. You're going to love it!

coachwnh

We got back from our first trip almost a month ago and it was one of the best Disney Park experiences I've ever had in my entire life. Almost EVERYONE that I talked too about our trip said I would be disappointed because it is smaller and has less rides. But boy were they wrong. The Disneyland Resort was everything I had hoped and wanted it to be and more. You'll have an amazing time. Based on what I experienced, here's my must do list:

• Indiana Jones
  • Space Mountain
  • POTC
  • Peter Pan
  • BTMRR
  • Splash Mountain
  • Matterhorn
  • It's a Small World
  • Alice
  • Mr. Toad
  • Pinocchio
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Tower of Terror
Have fun in April!
If Im not mistaken, DL and CA have more rides/attractions than all four WDW resort parks combined? @raven24 Is this not true?

Californian Elitist

Can't speak for anyone else, but I think most people know about Disneyland. Sadly, the price of getting out to California is what keeps most people from the East away. For what I'm spending for 1 week at Disneyland, I can spend 2 weeks at WDW.

You're spending an entire week at Disneyland? My advice, don't do that. I'd spend maybe 3-4 days at DLR and do some other activities in Southern California.

stevehousse

How awesome! We r getting ready to book our DL vacation for April as well around those same dates for the most part! Anyone know how crowds r during that time? Easter is very early next year in march, and I would assume most school spring breaks would be over by then???

Tuvalu

Premium Member
How awesome! We r getting ready to book our DL vacation for April as well around those same dates for the most part! Anyone know how crowds r during that time? Easter is very early next year in march, and I would assume most school spring breaks would be over by then???
Easter 2015 is on April 5th.

PacNWTigger

Can't speak for anyone else, but I think most people know about Disneyland. Sadly, the price of getting out to California is what keeps most people from the East away. For what I'm spending for 1 week at Disneyland, I can spend 2 weeks at WDW.
It's the same kind of thing that keeps us West Coasters from visiting WDW. Air fares are expensive on top of hotels and park admisssions.

squidward

Original Poster
You're spending an entire week at Disneyland? My advice, don't do that. I'd spend maybe 3-4 days at DLR and do some other activities in Southern California.

7 nights at Disneyland Hotel. We're definitely doing 5 days at the parks. We may do Knotts Berry Farm 1 day.

I've waited my whole life to go to Disneyland. I'm going to savor it. You're also talking about someone who goes to WDW every year for 10 days and spends 4 of them at the Magic Kingdom.

Rooster

7 nights at Disneyland Hotel. We're definitely doing 5 days at the parks. We may do Knotts Berry Farm 1 day.

I've waited my whole life to go to Disneyland. I'm going to savor it. You're also talking about someone who goes to WDW every year for 10 days and spends 4 of them at the Magic Kingdom.
There is one attraction you will love over the WDW version for sure. Pirates of the Caribbean. The DL version hands down blows the WDW version out of the water. (no pun intended) My family and I alternate DL and WDW every two years. We like both resorts for different reasons. You won't be disappointed with DL it has it's own special appeal. You'll see.

BWK05

We went two years ago and while we really liked the parks there is a very different vibe for the overall "resort".
I am used to the dining plan and enjoy the remote feeling from the "outside world" at WDW. These are very different at DL and instead of feeling like a guest there I felt like an outsider, every purchase at a store or dining asked if we had a season pass holders so that our discount could be applied.....always felt if I was getting gouged. I know there are discounts at WDW for pass holders but it's not as obvious. Florida just seems friendlier IMHO.

Californian Elitist

We went two years ago and while we really liked the parks there is a very different vibe for the overall "resort".
I am used to the dining plan and enjoy the remote feeling from the "outside world" at WDW. These are very different at DL and instead of feeling like a guest there I felt like an outsider, every purchase at a store or dining asked if we had a season pass holders so that our discount could be applied.....always felt if I was getting gouged. I know there are discounts at WDW for pass holders but it's not as obvious. Florida just seems friendlier IMHO.

You felt you were getting gouged when the CMs asked if you were an AP so you could possibly save some money? That's strange. Do you not like discounts?

For those who my be reading this and thinking of going to Disneyland for the first time, do NOT expect it to be exactly like WDW. You will be disappointed.

RMichael21

You felt you were getting gouged when the CMs asked if you were an AP so you could possibly save some money? That's strange. Do you not like discounts?

For those who my be reading this and thinking of going to Disneyland for the first time, do NOT expect it to be exactly like WDW. You will be disappointed.
Exactly. I went into our first trip expecting some things to be better, some things to be worse and some things to be the same. This gave me a whole new view of the resort. My family members who are not Disney Fans at all were expecting it to be much, much worse and they left undecided about whether or not they liked DL better. The best advice that I got before we left is don't compare it to WDW a lot. Obviously, that's hard to do at times but it made me see for what it is. Walt's charming, quaint and beautiful resort.

squidward

Original Poster
Well, we're just about set:

Hotel - Paid for.
Airfare - Paid for.
Tickets - Paid for.

Just need to save up spending money (and pay off our summer WDW trip), and I'm good to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom