1st Trip as a DVC Owner with Questions

ncstate7991

Original Poster
We are a little over two weeks away from our first trip to WDW as DVC owners. We will be staying in a two bedroom at BWV for 8 nights. I am trying to plan out what items we may need to pick-up or bring with us, so here are my questions:

*How often does trash get picked-up?
*Do they leave you extra trash bags? If not can you request more?
*Do they only leave one package of dishwasher detergent? Can you obtain more? Free or fee?
*Do they only leave one package of clothes washing detergent? Can you obtain more? Free or fee?
*How many towels will they leave? Can you request more?
*On our cleaning day will they change/wash sheets and towels?

I know some of these questions are repeats, but I appreciate everyones understanding and help. In the world in two weeks!!!

Pioneer Hall

We are a little over two weeks away from our first trip to WDW as DVC owners. We will be staying in a two bedroom at BWV for 8 nights. I am trying to plan out what items we may need to pick-up or bring with us, so here are my questions:

Trash and Towel service is usually on day 4. If you are not staying enough nights to get to that point, there won't be service. There are trash rooms too where you can take the trash out if you need to.

I believe that a few extras are left in the trash bins themselves. Can't say I ever noticed since we haven't had a ton of garbage.

*Do they only leave one package of dishwasher detergent? Can you obtain more? Free or fee?

You will get a single allotment of items. Not sure if these things get replenished on trash and towel day or on full cleaning day though (which would be day 7 if you are still there). If you need more, I am pretty sure you will be charged, so best to pick up some on the cheap if you are going to be leaving the resort at all.

*Do they only leave one package of clothes washing detergent? Can you obtain more? Free or fee?

They leave you a powder detergent box that should get you through a few loads. See the dishwashing response above since I believe it all works the same.

The rooms are set to the capacity they hold I believe. So a room for 4 would see 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, 4 wash clothes. You cannot request more without being charged.

On trash and towel day and full cleaning day the towels will be replaced. Sheets are only changed on the full cleaning day if you are there until day 7.

I know some of these questions are repeats, but I appreciate everyones understanding and help. In the world in two weeks!!!

Answers are above in bold. The thing to remember about DVC is that everything is covered through member dues. So they can't just give you more of something or provide you with extra service (such as towels or cleaning) without you paying for it. The dues are set for what you currently get, and then spread across every member. As opposed to a normal hotel room where the extras are accounted for whether you use them or not, to keep member costs down they only account for what you should really need. If you think you need more then you are going to have to pay your share for it. Since it sounds like you are in a 1BR or larger room (your mention of detergent for washing machine), you can always choose to wash towels and sheets on your own if you want to.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Exactly what DI said. There will be a price list inside of a cabinet referencing what the different items cost.

Sometimes if you catch a housekeeper out they will give you something if you request it.

Pioneer Hall

Exactly what DI said. There will be a price list inside of a cabinet referencing what the different items cost.

Sometimes if you catch a housekeeper out they will give you something if you request it.

They might, but I caution doing this because they can get in trouble. Remember that everything they used, we already paid for with our dues. If every member requested an extra shampoo and a housekeeper gave it to them, it would make a significant difference in the dues.

dreamscometrue

First of all, congratulations on your D.V.C. membership! We joined 4 years ago, have since taken 7 vacations at 5 on site D.V.C. resorts, and believe joining was one the best decisions we've ever made for our family. :)

Remember that the philosophy is 'home away from home'. It's because of that concept that the service is 'trash and towel' and 'full service' alternating every 4 days. Just like having your own camp or cottage, you'd do your own laundry, beds, etc., and the D.V.C. resorts do provide the amenities for you to do this. It is nice however to have the option of more 'mousekeeping' service, if you would like it and are willing to pay for it.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We use the dishwasher and the washer/dryer alot. So we just bring the tabs or small bags that you place in the dishwahers in our suitcases and bring them with use. For the washer we bring a bottle of small bottle 3X Laundry soap. That way we do not have to worry about getting any while we are there. Everytime I have stayed at DVC, there are always additional trash bags in the tash can. Pull out the full one and use one of the new ones in the bottom of the can.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
When we were members we always took a supply of detergents with us.

One thing you may want to consider doing is using a service that stores a large plastic tote for you off site. You can place any number of items in said tote and have it scheduled to be delivered to you on your day of check in.

https://www.ownerslocker.com/order/index.cfm

ncstate7991

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for answering my questions! I fully understand that my dues only cover a certain amount of items, services, etc. In reality I don't want to cheat the system or have our dues go up. Just trying to figure out what to buy from Garden Grocer or bring down with me.

DVCOwner, we have some individual wrapped tablets we are bringing down for the D/W (which is a brillant idea by the way). We are going to get a small container of Tide (skin allergies) from Garden Grocer so we can wash clothes as needed.

ncstate7991

Original Poster
When we were members we always took a supply of detergents with us.

One thing you may want to consider doing is using a service that stores a large plastic tote for you off site. You can place any number of items in said tote and have it scheduled to be delivered to you on your day of check in.

https://www.ownerslocker.com/order/index.cfm

This is a great idea, especially if you take multiple trips/year. After this trip :sohappy:, our next "scheduled" trip is December 2012. So, I don't think the econimics of this would work well for us. Plus when we fly we use SW, so checking an extra bag is not a big deal because it is FREE!

Pioneer Hall

Thank you everyone for answering my questions! I fully understand that my dues only cover a certain amount of items, services, etc. In reality I don't want to cheat the system or have our dues go up. Just trying to figure out what to buy from Garden Grocer or bring down with me.

DVCOwner, we have some individual wrapped tablets we are bringing down for the D/W (which is a brillant idea by the way). We are going to get a small container of Tide (skin allergies) from Garden Grocer so we can wash clothes as needed.

Just so you know...the box of laundry detergent I had in a one bedroom was powdered tide. Things could have changed since it has been a few months, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Phonedave

I don't know what your allergies are, but I use the Purex 3 in 1 sheets

http://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complet...XYF4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315319858&sr=8-2

(I buy them in the store, but maybe others cannot find them)

They are detergent and dryer sheets all in one sheet. They don't spill and they take up minimal space. I will take 4 or 5 and put them in a zip-loc and throw them in the suitcase. They work great (provided you are not allergic to them)

-dave

Edit - I never looked on Amazon at the reviews for this product before. I have never had a staining problem with it, but I have only used it at WDW and at time share in the Grand Caymans. It workes fine in both those places. It seems it may need a lot of water to work correctly. I don't overload the washer so maybe thats the key.

mrerk

Premium Member

Evan was basically correct, but because your stay is longer than 7 nights you will get your full cleaning on your 4th day. If you were staying more than 8 nights you would get a full clean on day 4, trash & towel on day 8, full clean on day 12, etc. If your stay is 7 nights or less you get a trash & towel on day 4.

tjkraz

Evan was basically correct, but because your stay is longer than 7 nights you will get your full cleaning on your 4th day. If you were staying more than 8 nights you would get a full clean on day 4, trash & towel on day 8, full clean on day 12, etc. If your stay is 7 nights or less you get a trash & towel on day 4.

OP will actually get both a full cleaning and Trash & Towel service. OP claims to be staying 8 NIGHTS which is the point at which the full cleaning is added.

For stays of 8 days (7 nights) or less, guests will receive the Trash & Towel service on Day 4. (Note that the arrival day is considered Day 1.)

For stays of more than 8 days (7 nights), guests will normally receive a full cleaning on Day 4 and Trash & Towel service on Day 8.

If OP's stay were to run from Saturday to the following Sunday, the service days would be as follows:

Day 1 (Saturday) - Arrival
Day 2 (Sunday)
Day 3 (Monday)
Day 4 (Tuesday) - Full Cleaning
Day 5 (Wednesday)
Day 6 (Thursday)
Day 7 (Friday)
Day 8 (Saturday) - Trash & Towel
Day 9 (Sunday) - Departure

That's the schedule for an 8 night / 9 day stay.

Changes to the exact servicing days can be requested and there is no charge as long as the FREQUENCY is not increased. For instance, if OP requested the T&T service moved from Day 8 to Day 7, there is no cost. Such changes are requested at check-in. Unfortunately the success of these changes can he hit-and-miss so it would be wise to follow-up with housekeeping if they haven't serviced the room by a reasonable hour.

As for supplies, there will be extra trash bags, kleenex, paper towels and toilet paper. You can request more (free) of the above if needed. Liquid dish soap is a small bottle which should be sufficient for one stay.

The dishwasher detergent comes in industrial-looking packets rather than any sort of box (I think they used to be boxes but members were stealing the leftovers.) We only use a portion of the packet each time and seem to get 2-3 washes from one. And we've never had a problem with housekeeping bringing more (free) when we run out.

Things like toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc.) and Tide laundry detergent are provided at check-in and on room servicing days. They should replace these items on the full cleaning day and we usually get more on T&T day as well. If you need more of the toiletries or Tide, there is a fee.

The Tide is intended to be a single load box but you can probably halve it and get two loads from each. Additional boxes are available in a vending machine in the public laundry rooms. Last I hear it's $1 per single load box. No dryer sheets or other laundry items are provided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom