1st time!

NewtoDisney2009

Original Poster
hi everyone! I'm going to Sea World, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens for the first time ever this summer. I've looked for useful info on the web, but it is not as plentiful as Disney Info. Any hints, tips, not-to-miss things, or things to skip? Traveling with husband and 6 year old daughter.

thanks!:wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Not done Aquatica (yet) and only ever been to Busch Gardens once. Now Seaworld is a place that we visit at least once per trip.

Advice - take in all the shows - the free seating is a must during a long day walking around. Believe, Blue Horizons, Clyde and Seymour - all brilliant. Make sure that you arrive early at Clyde and Seymour - you and your hubby will find the mime artist hilarious. The food, for the most part, is typical "theme park" offerings although some of the places to eat offer a decent, non theme park view.

Its a wonderful place and has an educational, conservational side to it as well

Enjoy

crazydaveh

Hook hit the important info, but do take time to cool off on the water ride, Journey to Atlantis as well in Shamu's Happy Harbor. They have a "wet" area for kids to run around in with water blasters and sprinklers, I've been in there to cool off too!

As for Aquatica, stay all day! The place really empties out around 5-6pm. I think they're open till 9 this summer so take advantage of the place when it's not crowded. Most slides are designed for two or more people. Only a few are singles only. so this gives the family more time together. Note, as with everywhere, the eateries are packed between 11-1 for lunch. Avoid 30 minute waits for food by snacking/early or late lunch. If our famous thunderstorms come up, just ride it out.

If you're staying in Orlando, take the shuttle to Busch Gardens. Be sure to see all the animals, and know things will be different with all the construction going on right now for their 2011 project. The shows there are not "must sees" but they might offer air conditioning!

Just enjoy your time and have fun. If you have any specific questions about the old beer parks, send me a PM.

Slipknot

The show Katonga at Busch Gardens is closing later this year (September if I remember correctly) so if you get a chance go see it.

NewtoDisney2009

Original Poster
Thank you all! Especially for the info about Aquatica (waiting out the storms and the crowds). What is the new project with Busch Gardens?

daikonjam

Definitely check out Katonga and busch gardens, it's my favorite thing to do there (air conditioning <3) I live in tampa bay so i used to go there all the time. I'm sad to see Katonga go, but it's been there for what...10...11 years?

travelgip

DO NOT MISS the Dolphin feedings. Get there early, get your "feeding fish" and put them in a ziplock bag you will bring with you. The seagulls and those big white birds with the long beaks will attack you for it so if you put it in a baggie and in your bag you will do OK. Then, do not be the first up to the edge to feed the dolphins - they know it's feeding time so they will just swim up and take the fish without really interacting. Wait till you see the first line of people start to move away and then stake out your spot at the edge of the pool. Dolphins see and hear VERY WELL. Gently slap the flat of your hand 2 or three times on top of the water and hold the fish by the tail and up from the water - dolphins should come right up and out of the water a bit to get the fish. Then you can pet and touch. Have fun!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom