14-Year-Old Dies at Disneyland Paris

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
From the AP wire:

(June 26) - A rollercoaster at the Disneyland Resort Paris theme park was shut after a 14-year-old Spanish girl died on the ride.

The girl boarded the ride Monday at the theme park in Marne-la-Vallee east of the French capital, and when the ride stopped, her friends found her unconscious, Disneyland spokesman Pieter Boterman said.

Medical teams at the theme park tried to revive her, but by the time the ambulance arrived, the girl had died, he said.

Prosecutors said later the girl's autopsy showed she did not seem to have died from trauma. Officials were investigating whether she had suffered from health problems before.

Boterman said checks on the ride had found that it was functioning normally. The ride reopened Tuesday afternoon after the report was issued.

The ride is at Walt Disney Studios Park, one of two theme parks at Disneyland Resort Paris. The complex, which opened in 1992, was formerly called Euro Disney.

Which coaster are they talking about?

wonka

sad, it's like 2007 isn't a safe year:cry:

To be perfectly honest, and I'm not at all trying to downplay this tragedy, I think you're going to find that there was absolutely nothing "unsafe" about this incident. I will be surprised to not see the words "pre-existing condition" in a follow up report.

Krozar

To be perfectly honest, and I'm not at all trying to downplay this tragedy, I think you're going to find that there was absolutely nothing "unsafe" about this incident. I will be surprised to not see the words "pre-existing condition" in a follow up report.

Exactly. Sad to see that a ride in Disneyland was the catalyst, but she was already in the grave before riding it. Was just a matter of time, probably a very short time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom