1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

13.1 was the best part of the not so happy rocket!

Discussion in 'Running at WDW' started by imagination30, Dec 13, 2016.

1. imagination30

imagination30 Well-Known Member

well ladies and gentlemen , and mouse folk. ,
    this is where iam suppose to say how lovely my first marathon experince is right ? . well it comes with a mixed bag of emotions , of things i should have done diffrent, and will do diffrent on my next one .. ( stay tuned to see if there is a next one lol) . , so here we go.. i was all pumped and ready to go .. , i was think this wont be to bad.. , just run my race and after 13. 1 let my mentalness take over and finsij strong .. welll .. so far so good ... on that part .. so i though .. , mile 1 was a slow go because of the courser and jumbled ness ... ( come to find out i was running with a pace group .. ) and couldnt wait for it widen and open up so i could get my jog on , not my run ... , hint i was saving that till the end , or so i though.. but all in all wasnt to bad.. dispite it being the coldest weekend of the year . it was in the teens ... I thought it would help me ... umm more on that in second. , but i was at a steady jog for most of the race .. , hit 10k at 59:10 or something like that ... , i was like okay i got this .. , let me back up here and say the course was fun .. , i saw parts of huntsville , ive never seen before ... , but now i know where these places are .. lol . and as we hit mile 13.1 ... around back at the civic center .. , i was greeted by my mom and some of my running friends ... ( which has been very supportive of me and my first marathon. i finsih the front have at 2:00 , so i was like yeah i got this .. .. and umm so i thought you always hear about the dreaded wall storys. well you know how you say that cant happen to me .. , well it hit me ... like no tomorrow.. I mean bad! ... i mean like broekn record... , bc when i slowed down my jog ... bc my legs started to hurt .. that was it .. my legs and my mentalness never recoverd.. . and if i wanted to start running again .. i couldnt even muster that . and even if i did .. it was to minimal.. so if you want to tune off this report right now i dont blame you!.... , bc it dont get any better than the first half in my opion... other than a guy trying to run over a volunteer with his car! ... but the cooest part of the race was mile 18 .. , i hit it at 2: something i cant remember.. , but this by far was the neatest thing .. we got to run under the rockets at the us space and rocket center .. and i could barly mange a jog for the guy to take my pic .. my legs were hurting so bad! .. by this time we were out of the rockets . and heading back towards botanical gardens . this use to be my favorite place to make up time , bc i had run the galaxy of lights 5k .. here the first year ... ., but sadly it would take a pound of magic . and pixie dust to get me though this .. ,but as we ended the gardens .. and headed back toward the vbcc , i saw the most touching thing happen in front of me .. , this girl had a sign that said i can do all things though christ which streghenten me . Love you heather! ... , and i smiled at the girl and a girl came up running beside me ... , and this girl goes are you heather .. to thois one girl she goes yes .. and the girl who said yes almost burst in to tears. , and later on i was talking to her as we ran to gehter for a bit she goes i needed that .. i said what a special friend! .. , then we parted ways. by this time it was mile 20 . i was still trying to kick my legs in to gear with no luck! :( fastward to mile 23 .. one of friends was suppose tr be at mile 23 .. so i saw on fb later . i was like sorry i missed you , he goes no you didnt you gave me a roll tide.. i was like haha was that you .,. i was like yeah i was out of it! ... lol but as we neared thr homestrech , was coming back around .. and i got asked by 3 diffrent people if i was okay .. i was like yes.. but truthly i wasnt .. by the point i had visons in my head about collapsing at the finsih line and asking for ice .. ( but that never happend) . but as we nterd the last mile and hald i could see the finish ... so i was like oh good ness! ... , but hered the fun part we ran around in front of the vbc . and then ran around behind it and in to the back at the finish line ... so when i saw i was nearing that i musterd al i could and i felt my self pick but the pace and just sorrow .. , but the last 2 miles to get to vbc back door was like a eternity. but when i saw the finsih line .. it was like a joyous ... occasion .. , finish it at 5:21:48 , got my named called ... amnd got a lamont! ... and my medal and a hat! ... ... so all in all not bad for my first marathon , sure there is and was things i would do diffent , the next go around ... but it was fun .. cold .. and a experince! ...

Texas84 and LindsayLoves like this.
  2. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

Hey, you finished a marathon! Be proud. And consider it a learning experience for next time. You did great!

3. Texas84

Texas84 DVC Fan Boy Premium Member

Well, you've accomplished something very few others have. Congrats! Now go beat that 5 hour mark. :)

imagination30 likes this.
  4. imagination30

imagination30 Well-Known Member Original Poster

@Texas84 , now to train for st. jude and get the marathon finisher jacket!

Texas84 likes this.