$12,000 DSLR?

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
I was browsing B@H yesterday and stumbled across a $12,000 Hasselblad camera. What makes this camera worth $12,000? I read the specs and it seems like a nice camera but 12 grand is a lot of money. If money was of no concern to you would you buy this camera?

CP_alum08

Haha, I was just about to say $12k for a Hasselblad is cheap!

It's the same idea as people spending $7k on a Leica.

PhotoDave219

I was browsing B@H yesterday and stumbled across a $12,000 Hasselblad camera. What makes this camera worth $12,000? I read the specs and it seems like a nice camera but 12 grand is a lot of money. If money was of no concern to you would you buy this camera?

Maybe. I prefer the Phase One system although the Hassy is much friendlier/easier to use when it comes to a tethered system.

And by this I mean shooting tethered over an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network on a beach in the Bahamas, with batteries running everything.

UncleMike101

Several years ago I was allowed to handle an SLR lens that the professional photographer, who worked for A&E Network, had payed over $16,000.00 for. Made my $500.00 SLR look like a single use wedding camera.

flavious27

I would buy what top of the line alpha Sony sells, if money didn't matter.

As for the justification of the price, the camera would create better images and give you the opportunity to take better images.

thomas998

If money was of no concern I wouldn't bother to buy a camera I would just higher a photographer to do everything for me, then I might even be in some of the photos.

flynnibus

Premium Member
...yet so many people say the body is just a "tool".

Different tools have different potentials :) You can achieve better results with a higher precision tool but it doesn't mean everyone will. That statement is typically used to qualify that no tool does the job alone... and for most people there is way more area for improvement in what/how they shoot.. vs what they shoot with :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom