10th Anniversary Trip!

CWilson

We are planning a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary next summer. We went to Disney for our Honeymoon, so it seems only right to go back at the 10 year mark. This time around, we'll be bringing our 3 kids, plus my mom. My mom hasn't been to Disney in at least 12 years, and instilled the love of Disney in me, so I wanted to bring her. And because I have an amazing hubby, he is totally okay with it! As of right now, we are booked to stay at Art of Animation in a Lion King family suite. The last time we went (summer 2015) we stayed in a Cars suite. Here's my question: is there anywhere else that we could stay that is comparable in price to AoA that would accommodate all 6 of us? My youngest will be 4 at the time of the trip, so I'm unsure how firm the "sleeps 5 adults" is when we have a peanut in tow. Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

vcstr

I believe the only thing comparable in price would be two standard rooms at one of the other Value resorts - these usually work out cheaper than one suite. If you like AoA though I wouldn't worry - the suites sleep six adults :)

Oh and congratulations in advance on your 10th anniversary!

Upvote 0

Mark Dymek

this post made me remember that the last time we went to disney was our 20th year since the first time we went. didn't even realize it at the time! have to do something extra special for our 25.

Upvote 0

CWilson

Original Poster
I believe the only thing comparable in price would be two standard rooms at one of the other Value resorts - these usually work out cheaper than one suite. If you like AoA though I wouldn't worry - the suites sleep six adults :)

Oh and congratulations in advance on your 10th anniversary!
Thank you!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

While I cannot answer your question, I just wanted to say happy anniversary and I wish you a wonderful trip! I love stories like this. The idea of going back to where you honeymooned 10 years later to celebrate...nostalgias got me all teary eyed! You'll have an awesome time.

Upvote 0

DisAl

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!
My wife and I spent a whole week at WDW for both our 35th and 40th anniversaries with just the two of us. Our youngest daughter, then 26, told her one of her co-workers that her family was torturing her. When asked what was going on she told them "My parents are at Disney World and they keep sending me pictures!"
(Don't think ill of us for going by ourselves. We do take the all four generations of the family from my 88 year old mother to the grandchildren every two years.....)

Upvote 0

CWilson

Original Poster
Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!
My wife and I spent a whole week at WDW for both our 35th and 40th anniversaries with just the two of us. Our youngest daughter, then 26, told her one of her co-workers that her family was torturing her. When asked what was going on she told them "My parents are at Disney World and they keep sending me pictures!"
(Don't think ill of us for going by ourselves. We do take the all four generations of the family from my 88 year old mother to the grandchildren every two years.....)
Thank you so much! I would never think ill of you for going without your kids. I see some trips for my husband and I when the kids are grown up as well! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom