Trip Report 10 hotel reservations: Has anyone in history of Disneyland trip planning ever been this indecisive!!

I have recently returned from 8 nights at Disneyland from 30th November until the 8th of December. Last year after a break of many years I took a trip to both Disneyland and Disneyworld broken up by a train trip and some time in New Orleans but this year I was looking for a shorter (and cheaper) trip.

disney2015.jpg

I was originally going to go to WDW this year as I thought Disneyland would be in a bad state with both ROA and the railroad shut. I even bought my ticket and booked a room at Port Orleans Riverside, but then I started to stress about the cost. At the same time, I was hearing that Rivers of Life might be indefinitely delayed and realised that I would be missing the opening of Pandora by only a few months while hearing about how good the new Frozen show at DCA was and that Disneyland was looking (almost) like its normal beautiful self.

So, a more financially prudent trip was called for and I decided that I would get my Disney fix this year by taking a shorter trip to Disneyland and staying in a cheap offsite motel. However, financial prudence does not come easily to me and none of the off-site options seemed appealing. As time went on I became more and more tempted by the Disneyland Hotel, and once the discounts were announced for my dates I booked it. I even booked briefly at the Grand Californian. I kept an off-site reservation on the back-burner in case I decided to come to my senses. At some point in my trip planning I made and cancelled bookings at the Park Vue Inn, Grand Legacy, Hotel Indigo, Courtyard by Marriott Theme Park Entrance, Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites (cancelled, rebooked and cancelled again), Hyatt House and the almost identical Hyatt Place. So, where did I end up staying? – I will keep you in very mild suspense until my next post.

Kiwiduck

Original Poster
Day 8 (part 3)
I had another hot bourbon cider which was my favourite Festival beverage. I saw Mostly Kosher and Blue 13 the Bollywood dancing group.
_DSC7150.jpg

_DSC7155.jpg

After this I did a final walkthrough of Cars Land at night before heading over to look check out Main Street and the castle at night for the last time.
_DSC7182.jpg

_DSC7184.jpg

I was sad to be leaving, no matter how long you are here for somehow the end always comes and it is always too soon. I knew I would be back the next day for a while but Disneyland is at its most magical at night.

Day 9 (last day in parks and travel day).
Apart from another ride on the horse-drawn carriage and Pinocchio I just wandered absorbing the atmosphere for a while.

_DSC7192.jpg

_DSC7196 copy 2.jpg

_DSC7220.jpg

_DSC7224.jpg

_DSC7227.jpg

I went over to DCA to finish my visit with another meal at Flo’s and a showing of Viva Navidad.
_DSC7239.jpg

My airport security experience at LAX was awful, it took almost an hour to get through a queue that was not even that long. They were just operating so slowly and they kept stopping the conveyer belts. Everyone was very tense and annoyed until one of the staff started performing a comedy routine telling everyone what they should do if they wanted to share an “intimate moment” with the staff and what they should do if they didn’t. It doesn’t sound that funny in the retelling but he was funny and diffused a lot of tension while also conveying the required information. After this annoyance my flight home was much better than the one over and I even had a vacant seat next to me.

My next Disney adventure should be a trip to Disneyworld this December, I have booked 6 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter and 5 nights at the Polynesian through a Disney travel agent. However, if Pandora doesn’t end up opening I will cancel.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi Kiwi
Loved the report - especially the pictures - you have a talent for finding the unique shots/views of the parks
Sad that it is over
Looking for to your next one - WDW?? - I thought you were considering the Asian Trio !!??!!

Max

Kiwiduck

Original Poster
Hi Kiwi
Loved the report - especially the pictures - you have a talent for finding the unique shots/views of the parks
Sad that it is over
Looking for to your next one - WDW?? - I thought you were considering the Asian Trio !!??!!

Max
Hi Max, thank you for your kind words. I want to do the Asian trio next year (probably Decemberish as that is when it is easy for me to take a long time off work). Saying next year makes it sound a bit closer than it actually is!! This year I want to do WDW as I am desperate to see Pandora, it looks absolutely stunning and I already have a 10 day park hopper burning a hole in my pocket.
I had a quick trip to Hong Kong after my brothers wedding last year and I think I will do a trip report for that as well.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi Max, thank you for your kind words. I want to do the Asian trio next year (probably Decemberish as that is when it is easy for me to take a long time off work). Saying next year makes it sound a bit closer than it actually is!! This year I want to do WDW as I am desperate to see Pandora, it looks absolutely stunning and I already have a 10 day park hopper burning a hole in my pocket.
I had a quick trip to Hong Kong after my brothers wedding last year and I think I will do a trip report for that as well.
Please do the Hong Kong trip report!
I will have to pick either it or Shanghai so your report will be educational for me.

Max

Kiwiduck

Original Poster
Please do the Hong Kong trip report!
I will have to pick either it or Shanghai so your report will be educational for me.

Max
I'm not sure about Shanghai but I'll give you a brief summary of what I thought of Hong Kong Disneyland. The park and whole resort area are beautiful and green. The Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch areas are so well themed and rides are just amazing, its worth a trip for those small areas alone. My hotel (Hollywood Hotel) was well themed and the service and amenities were superior to what you get at the US park hotels for the same money. It's was really easy to travel to and so close to the airport. The transportation from the hotels to the parks was frequent, uncrowded and comfortable. If you are looking for a Disney trip that is easy and low stress its a really good option.
On the downside the heat and humidity were overwhelming but I think it would be hot in any of the Asian parks in late June.

Cheers, Renee.

FlaggNL

Wow what a great report! Love to read about DLC! Wonderful to see the pics of PTN parade!! Thanks for sharing and absolutely following along!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom