Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I LOVED your report and I'm so sad that it's over :( I have to say I adored the dresses you both wore, they were all so cute! Our own trip isn't for another 505 days, 13 hours and 57 minutes....not that I'm counting, hehehehe.

Thank you so much for reading!! We tried to dress cute some days even though it went from sweltering hot to downpours. Ahh 505 days!! I'm at 86 right now.. Don't mean to run it in! Can't wait for both of our trips :)

me_stitch

Premium Member
this report was like a good book, I read the whole thing in two days, I'm headed back September 28th for a short 4 night stay, mostly to do the Food and Wine Festival. I can't wait. Seriously, best report I've read on here in a while.

Auntielame

I too just joined because of the 10 day trip report by a Jersey girl . My daughter and i were at pofq April 2nd thru the, 9th n am sad that our trip is over. Thank you for sharing your Princess Nicole and unnamed best friend

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
this report was like a good book, I read the whole thing in two days, I'm headed back September 28th for a short 4 night stay, mostly to do the Food and Wine Festival. I can't wait. Seriously, best report I've read on here in a while.

I've always wanted to do food and wine... Have so much fun!! :) I'm doing 4 nights my next trip before the cruise.. I feel like time will go so fast!! Thanks for your kind comment... I wish I could express my enthusiasm for disney through words, but it just never measures up. Thanks for reading!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I too just joined because of the 10 day trip report by a Jersey girl . My daughter and i were at pofq April 2nd thru the, 9th n am sad that our trip is over. Thank you for sharing your Princess Nicole and unnamed best friend

Thank you for reading!! Isn't pofq the greatest?? It was such an awesome hotel.. I definitely want to go back there!! Glad you enjoyed :)

Sam J W

Loved reading through your trip report for the past few day. I actually started getting sad around the Day 8/Day 9 mark knowing that the report was nearly over, so can't imagine how it actually felt to have the trip coming to an end.

Anyway, thank you for a great report and I cannot wait for your next one. You have the best way of attacking Disney with your Character and Food priority over the rides ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Loved reading through your trip report for the past few day. I actually started getting sad around the Day 8/Day 9 mark knowing that the report was nearly over, so can't imagine how it actually felt to have the trip coming to an end.

Anyway, thank you for a great report and I cannot wait for your next one. You have the best way of attacking Disney with your Character and Food priority over the rides ;)

Thanks so much for reading!! I was so upset when my trip ended! I thought 10 days would make me sick of the place.. But NO!! I honestly felt like I was home when I was there! Thanks again for reading!! Can't wait for August to go back!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I forgot that you stayed at POFQ.
I'm staying there for the first time. What did you think about it?

It's a gorgeous resort and I absolutely loved it! It's on the smaller side so everything feels more quaint and homey. The pool was gorgeous! We didn't have a far walk to the bus stop, the dining area, or the pool and I think the size of the resort makes every room a prime room. I would most definitley go back! I loved it there.

CtDisneyGuy33

It's a gorgeous resort and I absolutely loved it! It's on the smaller side so everything feels more quaint and homey. The pool was gorgeous! We didn't have a far walk to the bus stop, the dining area, or the pool and I think the size of the resort makes every room a prime room. I would most definitley go back! I loved it there.

I was about to ask what you thought about POFQ. We are staying there in Sept, so the more great reviews the better off I feel. Did you hit the Scat Cat club or Yee Haw Bob thing?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I was about to ask what you thought about POFQ. We are staying there in Sept, so the more great reviews the better off I feel. Did you hit the Scat Cat club or Yee Haw Bob thing?

No!! I wish I had a chance too! We were at the parks sooo much we barely used the pool and that is one thing I regret. It's an amazing resort, you will love it!! :)

CtDisneyGuy33

No!! I wish I had a chance too! We were at the parks sooo much we barely used the pool and that is one thing I regret. It's an amazing resort, you will love it!! :)

As much as I am thinking we will have a chance to hit places at the hotel, I think we are going to be at all the parks a ton as well. But I'm so glad to hear this!! Thanks

Im so jealous of your trip in a couple weeks- 59 days is like forever!!

Jim Buck

Are you still set for Wilderness Lodge ? I was there back in early June and it was still wonderful. Part of the waterfall feature was not working and had some work going on, it might be done for all I know but it was not a big deal.
We got lucky with the room 6067 as it was high and right in the center of the hotel looking straight out to the lake and no one on either side of us, that is no rooms are on wither side so it was very quiet when we were actually in there.

I am headed back in late September for a solo trip early for my birthday and going check at the All Star Movies. Never stayed anywhere but WL so I am ready to check it out. I won't be there much since I am on my own I will be hitting everything I can everyday!

slowjoe170

I just finished reading your trip report and, at least temporarily, my Disney itch has been scratched. I thought it was a new trip report from this July at first, but then realized it was from last year. You must have impressed a lot of people with your exploits to have it still be so popular a year later. I know I enjoyed it. My wife and I don't go until December. We've gone to Disneyworld during Christmas for a week every year for the last 15 years or so. She's a teacher, so that's the only time we're able to go. We've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge every year since it opened, and the Poly before that. Both are decked out nicely during the Holidays, but especially the Wilderness Lodge. Carol singers and Bell ringers. The massively large tree in the lobby and garland, trees, and wreathes everywhere. I would try my hand at writing a trip report, but we run around so much while we're there that I'd never be able remember it all in as much detail as you did. You have inspired me to take more food photos though. Good luck and good weather on your upcoming trip and thanks for posting such an excellent trip report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom