Pre-Trip 1 yr wedding anniversary trip! COMPLETED!

Hey guys! Quick intro..I'm Courtney and I'm 32..mother of Brooklyn who is 15...married to Kevin who is 35 for almost a yr.. he has 3 kids...Vincent age 13...Kayla age 12 and Mia who is 9.

Just returned from the World on May 6th(family trip to celebrate Mia's bday)...BUT I BOOKED A BOUNCEBACK to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary which is on Aug 2nd!!! I have never been to Disney as an adult without kids so I am ***BEYOND EXCITED**. This will be my 15th trip and my husband's 4th. He had never been to Dis before he met me...and I was so happy after our first trip together that he ''got'' my obsession. This pic was taken 2 weeks ago out front of the MK...and it literally took us 30 tries to get a half decent pic...he got mad when I told him he looked like a pumpkin in a few of them...and then he told me I looked bald in one...pure lies! My hair is halfway down my back...I have no shortage of it lol. Aahhhh...newlyweds;)

photo (3).jpg

So I haven't made many plans yet except for a few ADR's. We have California Grill for the night of our 1 anniversary, but we may switch to Yachtman's. We also have a lunch res at BOG one day. I finally told him about the trip yesterday lol and he was ok with it!;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ok pals we picked all of our ADR's last night!

Arrival Day...Thursday 7-30...no TS...saving up a cred for Yachtsman

Friday ...7-31...Boma

Sat...8-1...Wave

Sun...8-2...anniversay dinner Yachtsman

Mon...8-3...'Ohana

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
All great choices! We're hitting three of them up in September and December. Making me hungry too. Have you looked over the Yachtsman menu yet? Got an idea of what you'll tackle?

Excellent question lol...I'm thinking about the scallops or the prime rib...I'm guessing Kevin will go with the rib eye or duck..Any thoughts on the Wave? He picked it and I once again kept my big mouth shut...but hated it the second he suggested it....I really want to try and convince him that he wants to eat somewhere else;)

lostpro9het

Excellent question lol...I'm thinking about the scallops or the prime rib...I'm guessing Kevin will go with the rib eye or duck.
We're in the same boat in a way. We're trying Shula's for the first time in September and I've been trying to decide what to get.

Any thoughts on the Wave?
The DW went with the catch of the day and loved it, so did the DD. I went with the braised short rib gnocchi and it was very good. The menu will probably be a little different when you go since I believe their menu changes from time to time.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So I decided to tell my husband that he doesn't really want to eat dinner at the Wave lol...he said he was fine if we changed it. I realllyyyyy want to go with The Garden Grill..any thoughts???

lostpro9het

So I decided to tell my husband that he doesn't really want to eat dinner at the Wave lol...he said he was fine if we changed it. I realllyyyyy want to go with The Garden Grill..any thoughts???
The problem, if you want to call it that, is you realllyyyyy want GG so just go for it! No amount of us raving about The Wave will remove the fact that back in your mind your realllyyyyy want that GG! Stick to what you want! There is plenty of time to try The Wave in the future.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY...30 DAYS....4 WEEKS...UNTIL WE LEAVE!!! I am sooooo freakin excited!!! I can't wait!! I changed our reservation at the Wave to Garden Grill and I'm so excited to eat there! The concept and atmosphere seem so cool. Not too thrilled that it's a charcater dinner...but we'll live;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
OK gang we are 12 days out!!! I just snagged an ADR for our arrival night at Cape May Cafe! Super excited about this as we've never been here. We will be paying OOP for this to save up a dining cred for our anniversary dinner!!! I'm going to surprise him with this when we land....he thinks we are just doing the food court that night...but I know he will he excited to get his hands on all u can eat crab legs lol...I'm such a good wife;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom