Pre-Trip 1 yr wedding anniversary trip! COMPLETED!

Hey guys! Quick intro..I'm Courtney and I'm 32..mother of Brooklyn who is 15...married to Kevin who is 35 for almost a yr.. he has 3 kids...Vincent age 13...Kayla age 12 and Mia who is 9.

Just returned from the World on May 6th(family trip to celebrate Mia's bday)...BUT I BOOKED A BOUNCEBACK to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary which is on Aug 2nd!!! I have never been to Disney as an adult without kids so I am ***BEYOND EXCITED**. This will be my 15th trip and my husband's 4th. He had never been to Dis before he met me...and I was so happy after our first trip together that he ''got'' my obsession. This pic was taken 2 weeks ago out front of the MK...and it literally took us 30 tries to get a half decent pic...he got mad when I told him he looked like a pumpkin in a few of them...and then he told me I looked bald in one...pure lies! My hair is halfway down my back...I have no shortage of it lol. Aahhhh...newlyweds;)

photo (3).jpg

So I haven't made many plans yet except for a few ADR's. We have California Grill for the night of our 1 anniversary, but we may switch to Yachtman's. We also have a lunch res at BOG one day. I finally told him about the trip yesterday lol and he was ok with it!;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Soooo.... in my excitiment to tell you about our up-coming trip I left out all the details!! We are staying at POFQ for the first time from July 30-Aug 4th. As of now we have 3 day park hoppers...but may add a day. Haven't booked flights yet, but we typically fly out around 8am.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
51 DAYS TO GOOOO!!! Booked flights yesterday. First time flying Frontier but the deal was too good to pass up. $124 pp roundtrip from PHL to MCO!! Kevin lept asking what the catch was...I said we probs have to fly the plane ourselves...which is fine...he said we could Youtube it and figure it out;)

I learned that they charge higher baggage fees..but we are still saving since we only bring one checked bag and one carry-on. Honestly we could get away without the carry-on if we had to...so we are excited about the deal.

This trip def has a diff feel. Like I've said before this is my first time EVER going as an adult without kids. First time I went as an adult I had just turned 19...but it was my daughter's frist trip who was 17 months old...so it was kinda busy lol. I am soooo freakin excited to be there sans kids!!!! WDW has always been the spot where we vacationed since I was little and even tho this is my 15th trip it feels ''new'' since I am doing something I never have before!!

Haven't picked and FP's yet...but we will eventually...can't wait to get our MB's. I got us matching blue ones lol...we both always get the same colors every time, pink for me and green for him...but I wanted to be cheesey and get matching ones since it is our anniversary trip! I got our nicknames for each other instead of our names printed this time...so his says Scruff and mine says Babe...awwwwww hahahaha. He rolled his eyes when I told him that lol.

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Thanks @kristiwoody!! What did u guys do to make it extra special??...I'm open to any advice;)

I can't think of anything really out of the ordinary that we did. I signed up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler for the trip (I got a hefty room discount because of it), which kind of hindered the enjoyment of the days before the race. I was all worried about hydration and nutrition, but after the race, we just had a relaxing time. We did have a wonderful anniversary dinner at Jiko. We walked around AKL after dinner and it was a perfect evening. We talked about how we wished we could stay there, and then we actually got to the next year! The resort we stayed at for our anniversary was also kind of romantic :) It was Riverside, but I think FQ is even more romantic!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We did have a wonderful anniversary dinner at Jiko. We walked around AKL after dinner and it was a perfect evening. We talked about how we wished we could stay there, and then we actually got to the next year! The resort we stayed at for our anniversary was also kind of romantic :) It was Riverside, but I think FQ is even more romantic!

Awwww that does sounds nice and romantic...we loved Riverside...also thought it was peaceful and romantic at night...we've never stayed at FQ but have heard so many good things about it!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Picked our FP's last night!! For the first time ever we are NOT doing MK on the first day. Hubs wants to do HS...so I fgured I would let him choose since it's his anniversary trip too lol. Even tho it threw my OCD for a loop. MK is ALWAYS first day and Epcot is ALWAYS second day...so deviating from that took A LOT not to say something! He also decided to do MK 2 days in a row which also drove me nuts but I kept my trap shut....same park 2 days in a row is a no-no in my book lol...buttttttt....this marriage thing is new so I'm trying;)

He wants to add the dining plan too....we are huge fans so I'll be looking into that as well in the next few days...only 41 days to gooo!!

NCO91590

DH and I are going for our 10 year in Feb (no kids!), so I am interested to read your TR!

We're doing a few things we would NEVER do if our kids were with us. We are doing DxDP, a fishing excursion, and tea at the GF. We're also going to do a lot of drinking. LOL.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
DH and I are going for our 10 year in Feb (no kids!), so I am interested to read your TR!

We're doing a few things we would NEVER do if our kids were with us. We are doing DxDP, a fishing excursion, and tea at the GF. We're also going to do a lot of drinking. LOL.

Yay!!! So exciting...what fishing excursion do u have planned??

NCO91590

They have a guided fishing excursion at the Yacht Club. My DH and Dad went last August and said it was really fun! The guide took them to fish in WS lagoon and over by DHS early in the morning when nobody was out. I'm excited to try it!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
They have a guided fishing excursion at the Yacht Club. My DH and Dad went last August and said it was really fun! The guide took them to fish in WS lagoon and over by DHS early in the morning when nobody was out. I'm excited to try it!

I am def going to look in this to maybe surprise him. I figure it's only fair since I've been dropping hints...well actually more like out right saying that I want to do the carriage ride at night at POR ... lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Aaaaahhhh!!! 38 days to goooo!!! It's coming up quick now!

We did decide to go ahead and add the DP. Now the problem is where to eat. We've decided that we want to try places we've never been before. So all of the TS in the WS are out( we've never been to Biergarten or Akershus but I couldn't convince him to try either one). I changed our anniversary dinner from California Grill to Yachtsman. We are having a really hard time coming up with other places. I think I'm leaning towards Boma or LTT(if it's open, haven't checked out the refurb sched yet) as one of my picks. We had reservations there in May and cancelled for whatever reason...which I can't recall. We are open to any suggestions.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

I changed our anniversary dinner from Califronia Grill to Yachtsman.
Great choice!
We are having a really hard time coming up with other places. I think I'm leaning towards Boma...
Sanaa and Jiko are great options if you're heading towards AKL. We also really enjoyed The Wave at The Contemporary. Citricos in the GF is a nice intimate location for an anniversary dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom