1 (ish) day at Disneyland Paris: How to do it

RMichael21

Original Poster
Hey everyone! So, in July, we're thinking of stopping by DLP on our trip to Europe. The problem is, we only have one day. Also, we're staying at a hotel in Paris, how would we get there in time for rope drop? So, how do we make the most out of our limited time?

I really don't care about WDS, but I do want to see Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille. Also, we've been to all of the US parks, so any clones like TOT and Rockin' Roller Coaster, I don't mind missing.

We're a group of four, if that helps. ;):p:D:)

norhel

Hey everyone! So, in July, we're thinking of stopping by DLP on our trip to Europe. The problem is, we only have one day. Also, we're staying at a hotel in Paris, how would we get there in time for rope drop? So, how do we make the most out of our limited time?

I really don't care about WDS, but I do want to see Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille. Also, we've been to all of the US parks, so any clones like TOT and Rockin' Roller Coaster, I don't mind missing.

We're a group of four, if that helps. ;):p:D:)
Hi there.

Could this site help you a little bit?
http://www.dlpguide.com/guidebook/practical/gettingtothemagic/rerfromparis/

Robert Butnarasu

Hi, RM! I am sorry to say, but this is not the best year to visit DLP, due to the major refurbishments that the parks are going through, in order to fix everything and to get ready for the 25th anniversary. I will try to help you with whatever I can, writing you some emails and giving you some tips. Probably, until your trip I will also finish the Guide section on my website, and it may also help you. Drop me a message and I will try to make your trip as magical as it could be. :)

Robert Butnarasu

To be more precise, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, Nautilus and Videopolis will be closed for extensive refurbishment during your visit. But "Frozen Summer Fun" will make everything better, right? (We hope and pray. Ha Ha)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Space Mountain should be open sometime in July.

Rock n Rollercoaster is far superior to WDW. Don't miss it. Armegeddon is worth it too as is Cinemagique.

Add in Rat and Crush and that's late morning already. Then you have DLP next door.

Tip. Take the RER to get to WDSP at least half an hour before the listed opening. It often opens early. Make a beeline for Crush (no FP) and then head right for Rats standby.

See the show times for Cinemagique to get a show in, then probably get a FP for RnRC and queue for Armegeddon or Cine depending on the RnRC FP return.

Then head for DLP. Get a FP for BTM and queue for Phantom Manor. Either ride BTM or queue for PoTC depending on your FP BTM return. Only worry about Indy if you have time.

Next Fantasyland. Get a FP for the superior Peter Pan then queue for Snow White and Pinocchio. Iasw may be down so head for Discoveryland and either FP or queue for Space if it's open. Buzz is similar to DL. Star Tours is version one. Autopia is fun but a slow loader.

And don't miss Dreams.

Robert Butnarasu

Rock n Rollercoaster is far superior to WDW. Don't miss it. Armegeddon is worth it too as is Cinemagique.

Add in Rat and Crush and that's late morning already. Then you have DLP next door.

Tip. Take the RER to get to WDSP at least half an hour before the listed opening. It often opens early. Make a beeline for Crush (no FP) and then head right for Rats standby.

See the show times for Cinemagique to get a show in, then probably get a FP for RnRC and queue for Armegeddon or Cine depending on the RnRC FP return.

Then head for DLP. Get a FP for BTM and queue for Phantom Manor. Either ride BTM or queue for PoTC depending on your FP BTM return. Only worry about Indy if you have time.

Next Fantasyland. Get a FP for the superior Peter Pan then queue for Snow White and Pinocchio. Iasw may be down so head for Discoveryland and either FP or queue for Space if it's open. Buzz is similar to DL. Star Tours is version one. Autopia is fun but a slow loader.

And don't miss Dreams.
Half an hour before Dreams you can do Indy, BTM, PM all twice. And you can get a good location for Dreams too.
EDIT: And all of the ones listed above are great in the evening. Especially BTM where you can see the castle that shines like a gem in the sky, with the new LED lighting.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Hi, RM! I am sorry to say, but this is not the best year to visit DLP, due to the major refurbishments that the parks are going through, in order to fix everything and to get ready for the 25th anniversary. I will try to help you with whatever I can, writing you some emails and giving you some tips. Probably, until your trip I will also finish the Guide section on my website, and it may also help you. Drop me a message and I will try to make your trip as magical as it could be. :)
To be more precise, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, Nautilus and Videopolis will be closed for extensive refurbishment during your visit. But "Frozen Summer Fun" will make everything better, right? (We hope and pray. Ha Ha)
It's great to see you again Robert! Long time no see! :) Thanks for the great advice!

And don't miss Dreams.
That's what I was thinking. I there anything else that could be done if we have extra time?
Half an hour before Dreams you can do Indy, BTM, PM all twice. And you can get a good location for Dreams too.
EDIT: And all of the ones listed above are great in the evening. Especially BTM where you can see the castle that shines like a gem in the sky, with the new LED lighting.
What's the latest time you can show up for Dreams and still get a good spot? I want to see the show but also take advantage of the short wait times.

Robert Butnarasu

That's what I was thinking. I there anything else that could be done if we have extra time?

What's the latest time you can show up for Dreams and still get a good spot? I want to see the show but also take advantage of the short wait times.

Well, it depends on the day. But if you show up 15 or 10 minutes before the show, you can get a pretty decent place. I do this all the time and I don't regret it. My favourites locations are at the entrance of Frontierland,near Gibson Girl, at the entrance of Discoveryland. As you can see, those places are on the sides of the hub, where you can find a place easily. But don't count on that. If the park is really busy, get there early.

In your extra time, you can visit Dragon's Lair, underneath the castle. This is a must, so visit it in the evening, but not too late, as Fantasyland and the lair are closing one hour before Dreams, so they can prepare the pyros. You can also spend some time walking through the Arcades (Liberty and Discovery) that cover some great treasures (what you see in the displays are authentic models from the 1800s of patents that the US Patent Institute sold because they had no more space left in their storage). Those are some stories that I love and that I will share with you soon, so you will fully appreciate the park that is a treasure on its own.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Alright, so we're going on July 10th. Here's how I think we'll do it.

First, go to Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille and ride those and then hop over to the DL for the rest of the day. My main concerns are:

• If we go to Crush first, how long will the wait most likely be for Ratatouille? I'm willing to sacrifice Crush to get on Ratatouille if necessary.
  • What are the priorities at DL?
  • What's a good touring plan for DL? I see one above, but I noticed that you placed FL later in the day. Does it get crowded like it does in the US later in the day? Or will we be able to ride with a shorter wait time?

Robert Butnarasu

Alright, so we're going on July 10th. Here's how I think we'll do it.

First, go to Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille and ride those and then hop over to the DL for the rest of the day. My main concerns are:

• If we go to Crush first, how long will the wait most likely be for Ratatouille? I'm willing to sacrifice Crush to get on Ratatouille if necessary.
  • What are the priorities at DL?
  • What's a good touring plan for DL? I see one above, but I noticed that you placed FL later in the day. Does it get crowded like it does in the US later in the day? Or will we be able to ride with a shorter wait time?
If we go to Crush first, how long will the wait most likely be for Ratatouille? I'm willing to sacrifice Crush to get on Ratatouille if necessary.
In case you wait in line at Crush for too long, use the Single Rider line for Ratatouille. It's always a great choice.

What are the priorities at DL?
Phantom Manor, Pirates, Big Thunder, Alice's Labyrinth, Adventure Isle; things you can find only at DLP.

What's a good touring plan for DL? I see one above, but I noticed that you placed FL later in the day. Does it get crowded like it does in the US later in the day? Or will we be able to ride with a shorter wait time?

In the evening you will encounter two phases: around 9 P.M. some big attractions will have "longer" queues (around 30 mins) and one around 10 P.M. with very short queues that are around 5 minutes. You can ride BTM, Indy, PoTC PM within 30 minutes. You will need to walk a bit faster, but it worths it. Also, be in time for Dreams!

If you have any other questions, ask. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom