1 day in Disney, 5 days before Christmas...

joshsprincess921

My sister lives 30 minutes from Disney World and I'm traveling to her house on Friday, Dec. 19th. Her and I are going to a Disney park on Sat., Dec. 20th for the day. Normally, I would never "plan" a Disney trip during the most crowded time of the year, but this is just a special day trip for us to get out and have a little fun! So my question is what park would you choose if you were in this position?

belledream

MK for the rides, décor, and to be kids again!

EPCOT for a casual sister day around the World Showcase. :)

Depends which you want...hope I haven't made the choice any more difficult. :p

Upvote 0

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
MK for the rides, décor, and to be kids again!

EPCOT for a casual sister day around the World Showcase. :)

Depends which you want...hope I haven't made the choice any more difficult. :p

Those both sound lovely and that's pretty much the two I have been going back and forth with. We both have new babies so we don't get out much lately. I know we would love a casual, more relaxed day, but maybe letting loose like a couple of kids would do us some good! It's so hard when you just have ONE DAY!

Upvote 0

belledream

Those both sound lovely and that's pretty much the two I have been going back and forth with. We both have new babies so we don't get out much lately. I know we would love a casual, more relaxed day, but maybe letting loose like a couple of kids would do us some good! It's so hard when you just have ONE DAY!
Well it will be crowded so getting onto a bunch of rides at MK may not be feasible. But then again, you probably don't feel like you need to do that. However, I'm definitely not a 'one day at Disney' person and it would never feel right missing out on MK! Even if the lines for the rides are too long, there's always so much to see and appreciate, and you can always go to the MK resorts for a break or a drink or two. ;) That'd be my pick!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you do MK, you could also hop on the monorail sometime and check out the holiday decor at the monorail resorts!

Of course you could do the same at Epcot, exiting the IG and visiting Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach! Epcot also has the holiday storytellers in each country (fun to do) and the AMAZING holiday version of Illuminations should you stay until park close...

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

Actually, December 20th (my birthday) wasn't THAT crowded when we were there in 2007. It really seemed to get out of control the day after Christmas, right through New Years, of course.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Actually, December 20th (my birthday) wasn't THAT crowded when we were there in 2007. It really seemed to get out of control the day after Christmas, right through New Years, of course.
A lot has changed in 7 years ;). We have been on the 20th every year since 2009 and the parks are very busy. Plus, this year the 20th falls on the Saturday before Christmas which means lots of locals will be there.

Upvote 0

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
If you do MK, you could also hop on the monorail sometime and check out the holiday decor at the monorail resorts!

Of course you could do the same at Epcot, exiting the IG and visiting Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach! Epcot also has the holiday storytellers in each country (fun to do) and the AMAZING holiday version of Illuminations should you stay until park close...

Those are some nice ideas! Thank you!

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

A lot has changed in 7 years ;). We have been on the 20th every year since 2009 and the parks are very busy. Plus, this year the 20th falls on the Saturday before Christmas which means lots of locals will be there.
Uggh on no ... well we should be arriving on the 17th next year and MAYBE we'll get a day or two where it's not outta control???

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I would suggest Epcot. I went at the beginning of December 2014 and while Magic Kingdom has amazing decorations, I just feel like Epcot is a little nicer to enjoy with only one day. Don't get me wrong, MK is my absolute favorite, but unless you want to spend the day standing in lines, I'd avoid it. "/

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom