1 Day at WDW During Christmas

wwmmd

My family (husband, 2 daughters and myself) are doing a Florida vacation during Christmas. We are going on a cruise (not Disney) and will also be spending time in Orlando. The plan for this trip was to NOT go to WDW because my husband has a serious dislike for Disney. He's been to WDW about 20 times and doesn't understand why anyone would want to go over and over again. Anyway, I was hoping he'd at least agree to go to Disney Springs since we haven't been there since all the changes. I was also hoping that we could manage a Christmas decoration tour of the monorail resorts. I was discussing this with my SIL at Thanksgiving, who is a CM (but not at the parks). She disappeared for a couple minutes and comes back and hands me some papers. She gave us 4 of her CM complimentary tickets! How awesome!! My poor husband was none to happy about this. lol After a few discussions with him we've decided that the girls and I will spend Christmas Eve at WDW while he goes off and does whatever. The plan is for him to drop us off and pick us up. I am not letting these tickets go to waste!! Our girls have no clue that they'll be spending a day at WDW. I can't wait to surprise them when we get to the parks, that's if I don't blow it beforehand.

I'm still figuring out how to get the most out of just 1 day. I think we'll hit up HS first, then AK and end the day at MK. I know that's a lot but this will be their 6th trip (1 tween and 1 almost tween) so we've pretty much seen and done everything already. I'm not counting on being able to ride many rides, but that's ok. I also looked at booking a TS somewhere but since we only have the 1 day I don't want to waste our time worrying about making it to our reservation and using that precious time eating instead of doing something.

Our last trip to WDW was in June 2015 and I'm hoping to go back in 2018 after Pandora is open (so excited to see it). We went during Christmas in 2012 so we're well aware of how busy (and beautiful) it is.

I just wanted to share my excitement of an unexpected visit to the parks!

A W Reezy

Bless your Husbands heart for being at the resort on Christmas Eve having a distinct dislike for Disney. But, I'm super happy you all get to go! My wife is kind of the same way. I have to drag her to Disney every time we go. I don't understand it... But whatever! LOL

You've already been at Christmas, so you know the crowds. I'm assuming the CM passes will get you in even during a maxed crowd? I'd almost pick either MK or EPCOT (my personal favorite, you might prefer AK or HS) and hang there in fear of leaving a park and not being allowed back in.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom