“Is there anything in my teeth?” “God I’m so full!!!” The Trip Report from 06/23-07/6

Ok so here it is. The moment I know you all have been waiting for…..MY TRIP REPORT!!! Haha, ok so probably you aren’t losing sleep over waiting for this one but I am excited writing. This is my first one so bear with me. I took well over 500 pictures which is a lot but not a whole lot. I didn’t follow my exact itinerary as posted in my pre-trip report, and I forgot to take a lot of pics of food, but I think I did ok!

So a little background if you didn’t read my pre-trip report which is linked here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=435999

My DH and myself decided to take our niece to Disney World as her gift for graduating high school. It was a plan in the making since we went on our honeymoon in Disney in 2007. We stayed at POP Century from 06/23-07/06, which I have to say I absolutely loved the hotel. I would never stay at another All Star and would pick POP over them anyday. I will say this though, I will NEVER go back to Disney again for that time of year. The crowds were so good until around July and then it got crazy.

We live in Folsom, PA right outside of Philly. My name is Courtney (25), my DH is Mike (23) and DN is Chynna (17). Here we are at Chynna's graduation:

DSCI0011.jpg

So I guess that’s all you really need to know before I start. Some of the pics you will see will not have Mike in them with the characters. This is because he was taking the pictures! So he claims he was not on vacation because you can’t see him anywhere! So here we go!!!!

Tuesday 06/23/2009 DEPARTURE DAY!!!!

I can’t believe it’s finally here. It felt like it was going to take forever until this day got to us. Me and Chynna had been talking about this trip and counting down for so long and it was finally here. We had set out alarm for 4:30am but I was so excited I started poking Mike at about 4:15 to get up. That night before me and Chynna both took Tylenol PMs so we could get to sleep. Well Chynna took hers at like 6pm and was asleep on the sofa by 8pm. So me and Mike decided to just head to bed early. So anyway, we got up and I had to call my dad to get him up. Well he wasn’t supposed to come over to get us until 4:45. I think he got to us by 4:30 and we were ready to go.

Just a side note, I was devastated leaving my two dogs, Chase and Mocha at home. The looks they gave us when we left was just heart-breaking I could have cried. But my dad was taking care of them so I knew they would be in good hands.

So anyway, we were off to the airport by 4:45am. We made a stop at Wawa for my dad to get himself some coffee so he could wake up. Well Philadelphia airport is only 10 minutes away from our house, right off of I-95, so we were there by 5am! We checked our bags at the curbside checkin with Southwest. The man that took of us was so polite which was a shock for the Philly airport. We got inside and got right in the line for security. We get through and of course my bags go through and I see some woman waving my purse around asking whose handbag it was. I came forward and she asked me to open it. Well looks like I forgot to take out my lotion that I use in the tanning salon and it was too much liquid to carry on. No biggie, it was only a 8 dollar bottle from Walmart so I told her to trash it.

So by the time we got to our gate it was only 5:30am and our flight didn’t leave until 7:05am. We went to get some breakfast. I got a cappuccino and a crumb cake for myself and an iced coffee for Mike which cost $8 something. Chynna got a iced chai latte and a yogurt parfait which cost her $8 something and Mike got a sandwich from Burger King which was $4 I think. And this is where part of my trip report title comes in. we are done eating and just sitting and talking and Chynna asks “Do I have anything in my teeth?” let’s just say after everything we ate for the two weeks we were there, she asked this same question!!!! It drove us nuts by the end of vacation. Oh and let’s not forget 6am came around and what did I announce? “It’s time to take our Bufferin!” Let me explain…my mom is a bit nervine when it comes to getting blood clots on planes from sitting too long, so one hour before any flight she reminds us all to take our Bufferin, so of course my dad brought it over to us when he picked us up that morning! Here we are sitting and waiting at the airport:

DSCI0018.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

Southwest finally started boarding the plane and even though we were boarding group B, we still all got seats together. Chynna was in the middle. Now keep in mind, she has not flown a plane since she was about 3 so she remembers nothing and was a nervous wreck just getting on. Well our flight attendants were hysterical. They were singing the mickey mouse club ending song (“M I C, see ya real soon, K E Y, why because we like you”)and getting the kids all excited that they were going to Disney. When the plane finally started to take off, Chynna got VERY nervous. Every little noise the plane made and every movement, she would freak out. When we started to accelerate and go down the runway, she grabbed my hand and by the time we were up in the air I had white marks on my hand from her squeezing so hard!!! The plane ride was very smooth, hardly any turbulence which was nice. We got the usual airplane cinnamon graham cracker cookies and a bag of pretzels and our drinks. Next thing you know the plane is landing and it was only 09:10. we were supposed to land at 9:35!!! So we were again ahead of ourselves which also seemed to be another theme of this trip. We walked down to the Magical Express counter and there was not one person in line anywhere. Usually you still have to go to counter and check in and give them your magical express passes. But not this time! There was a CM standing there waving her Mickey hand and told us to proceed down the red carpet to the next CM. We did so and she checked us in and told us to proceed to the POP line. We got there so fast I didn’t have a chance to take a picture of it. Next thing we know, the CM at the head of the line opened the line and led us to our bus!!! No way was this happening to us! We thought this was a very good sign!

So we hop on the bus and were told that POP is the first stop! Yet even more good news! And off we go!!!! This is us on the bus ride there...

DSCI0020.jpg

By this point I was jumping out of my skin and I was waiting to see the video that they show on your way there. Well guess what?! They NEVER showed it. I was bit upset about this because Chynna had never seen it. But whatever I wasn’t going to let that ruin my good day so far. And we're home!!!!

DSCI0021.jpg

So we then arrived at POP. These are just some pics i took while we were looking around.

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Oh and let me just mention it was very hot in FL. It was extremely humid. Just to mention we were checked in at POP by 10:15!!! And let me just tell you, the CM that checked us in was HORRIBLE and NASTY! First of all she could hardly speak English and I couldn’t understand her but she was very rude also. She informed us that our room was not ready and gave us a card with a number to call to check. She gave us our package that was waiting and never gave us pins. So I asked her for one and her response was “Well what do you need that for?” I told her that we put on our reservation we were here for Chynna’s graduation. She looked at me, smiled, and said “Oh Congratulations”. After I was done checking in, I realized that she never asked me to pay for the refrigerator we had on our reservation and I also noticed that inside of our packet were “Celebrate” pins anyway! I ended up going back up a few minutes later and got another CM and she took care of writing on Chynna’s pin what we were there for plus letting me pay for the fridge.

So since we were at the hotel so early and our lunch reservations were not until 2pm, we had no idea what to do. We decided to just head to the POP food court and get a snack to eat because we hadn’t eaten since like 6 that morning. This was us sitting in the food court. Lovely pics of us right?!

DSCI0025.jpg

DSCI0026.jpg

So we went and got our 3 free mugs that were included with the Deluxe Dining Plan and I got a bag of chips, Mike got a chocolate cake, and Chynna got celery and carrots with dip. The mugs would have cost us $41.51 and the snacks would have been $10.30. (just so you know we kept track of what everything cost so that we would see if the DxDP paid off.)

I'm going to finish up here for now, until I get more pics loaded up on photobucket because they are taking forever. But i will continue soon!!

snookie5605

Original Poster
July 1st Universal Studios

so yes we have a tendency to cheat on disney sometimes by going to universal but i cant help it, i love it there. the breakfast was just at pop so nothing special. and off we went. i had gotten tickets somewhere online that included a free shuttle service, so the shuttle showed up and off we went.

islands of adventure

DSCI0537.jpg

DSCI0539.jpg

DSCI0540.jpg

universal
DSCI0548.jpg

chynna is a bit obsessed with harry potter as you will see when you read my 2010 trip report so she thought it would be fun to try on the different hats...
oh and she also gave a description of each, we really didnt care.. :ROFLOL:

DSCI0541.jpg

DSCI0542.jpg

DSCI0543.jpg

DSCI0544.jpg

DSCI0545.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
July 2nd, relax day

so today we were supposed to go back to another water park but they really didnt enjoy either one that much so i think we ended up just relaxing at the resort. chynna was getting grumpier and grumpier by the day. of course shes a teenager and all she wanted to do was sit and do nothing. but i warned her from the beginning i dont go to disney to relax, that this trip was going to be nonstop.

well we were off to ohana for breakfast...look at her lovely face!

DSCI0549.jpg

this was me being genuinely excited and she was just faking it...

DSCI0550.jpg

and heres mike acting like chynna...

DSCI0551.jpg

well i dont have alot of pics from ohana cuz well it was horrible! we were one of the first ones in there and the food was ice cold. i dont know how long they had it sitting out but it was just bad. and we got skipped over by stitch because some other family kept on hogging him! here is a quick pic of some of the food...

DSCI0552.jpg

here we are with lilo, mickey, and pluto...

DSCI0553.jpg

DSCI0554.jpg

DSCI0556.jpg

im really hoping ohana the dinner is better because the breakfast was bad and i plan on going to the dinner this september.

so i think we just relaxed the rest of the day. chynna wanted to hang out by the pool all day, so we stayed a little and then went back and took a nap while she still stayed there. i warned her if you are too tired for tonight then its your own fault for not resting!

we had plans to go to the backyard bbq. well wasnt that just a waste of time! i didnt realize it was sitting at picnic tables and was for like all little kids. it was soooooo stupid. we ate and left. what a waste of money. im not sure but i think we may have gone to play mini golf after that.

snookie5605

Original Poster
July 3rd

so today we had reservations for breakfast at cape may cafe. chynna was in another one of her lovely moods but whatever. i was done, i only had a couple more days of her and i could get rid of her! she really made that last week not alot of fun!

DSCI0564.jpg

DSCI0565.jpg

DSCI0566.jpg

DSCI0567.jpg

DSCI0568.jpg

as you can see i had fun with goofy without her! i think she was either getting food or in the bathroom.

we did the pool again, and that night we had Hoopdedoo

this show was really good. we were seated in the balcony but that was ok. i like to stay away from the actors and attention. the food wasnt too bad either but it was a really funny show. here are some pics...

DSCI0569.jpg

DSCI0570.jpg

DSCI0576.jpg

DSCI0577.jpg

DSCI0578.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
July 4th, the day from H e double hockey sticks! Literally!

ok so today was the 4th of july. we all got ready in our red white and blue phillies gear and headed off. let me start off by saying when i said literally in my title i meant it, it was soooooo hot that day it was insane. so we headed off to 1900 park fare for breakfast...

DSCI0584.jpg

DSCI0585.jpg

DSCI0587.jpg

DSCI0589.jpg

DSCI0586.jpg

then it was off the MK early cuz i didnt want to not get in because of crowds and the way this day looked after a couple of hours, i think they may have closed down!

DSCI0590.jpg

DSCI0593.jpg

we actually stood there and sang with them and added the "Phillies" into the song. they loved it!

DSCI0594.jpg

ok and another first was the enchanted tiki room...that was so bad we got up and walked out in the middle of that. thats a first for a disney attraction for me!

DSCI0595.jpg

so like i said earlier it was hot as you know what out. we were trying to do anything to stay cool, like the tiki room, we did carousel of progress twice i think, the transit authority a couple of times, they probably did space mountain but who knows cuz it was packed! i dont even know if we ended up eating at cosmic rays, i think we did but i didnt take any pics. at one point, after lunch, we found ourselves some seats up at the train station and decided to just relax. we even put the money out for those fan misters. chynna then wanted to try a dole whip so she ventured out on her own to get them. lets just say by the time she got back, it was pure liquid and was pouring down her hands. so like i said we staked some spots up top and watched the afternoon parade go by.

DSCI0630.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
and again..

my boys...
DSCI0616.jpg

here are some ideas of how crowded it was around 2pm...
DSCI0609.jpg

DSCI0607.jpg

DSCI0606.jpg

DSCI0601.jpg

DSCI0600.jpg

DSCI0598.jpg

DSCI0597.jpg

mike decided to sit with the kids in the fountain...

DSCI0658.jpg

DSCI0660.jpg

we were going in and out of stores just to get cool, we sat somewhere in tonys to cool off, it was just bad. then we had dinner at cinderellas castle so we headed over there....pics in next post

snookie5605

Original Poster
DSCI0648.jpg

DSCI0649.jpg

we probably then found something else to do because we were going to stay for the fireworks. we actually wanted to stay for the parade at night too but we were too tired and hot to do that. sorry i have no pics of the fireworks cuz my camera doesnt take good ones plus i wanted to enjoy them. that was a nightmare too because chynna cant stand still and it was packed like we were sardines! she kept on moving out of her spot and other people were standing in front of us, i know mike was ready to kill her. after we went home. the next day we had all of these restaurants planned but as far as i know we did nothing. we probably went to downtown disney to do some shopping but other than that i think we ate at the resort and packed up and just did whatever. i have no pics from then either cuz at this point i just wanted to go home and dump miss crankypants! so thats it, again sorry i took so long to get it done, but now it is and if you want to read some more here are the links to my others....

2010 PT report...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=622781

TR...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=807021

2012 PT report...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=832026

fractal

Love the before and after Tonga toast pic!

We also enjoyed HDDR! wow, you did 2 dinner shows!

Too bad Chyna didn't have a better time.

and Go Phillies!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Love the before and after Tonga toast pic!

We also enjoyed HDDR! wow, you did 2 dinner shows!

Too bad Chyna didn't have a better time.

and Go Phillies!

dont get me wrong she did have a great time but towards the end i think she just wanted to relax! i dont blame her we went non-stop but she knew that going in. oh well! we learned a very good lesson taking her haha! technically we did three dinner shows but backyard bbq should so not count! and yes go phillies! :sohappy:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
dont get me wrong she did have a great time but towards the end i think she just wanted to relax! i dont blame her we went non-stop but she knew that going in. oh well! we learned a very good lesson taking her haha! technically we did three dinner shows but backyard bbq should so not count! and yes go phillies! :sohappy:

3 years in the making!!! You're finally done!

snookie5605

Original Poster
lol yep i think the trip devastated me so much that i just didnt want to finish it. didnt think i would ever hate being in disney but towards the end there i sure did

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom