“Is there anything in my teeth?” “God I’m so full!!!” The Trip Report from 06/23-07/6

Ok so here it is. The moment I know you all have been waiting for…..MY TRIP REPORT!!! Haha, ok so probably you aren’t losing sleep over waiting for this one but I am excited writing. This is my first one so bear with me. I took well over 500 pictures which is a lot but not a whole lot. I didn’t follow my exact itinerary as posted in my pre-trip report, and I forgot to take a lot of pics of food, but I think I did ok!

So a little background if you didn’t read my pre-trip report which is linked here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=435999

My DH and myself decided to take our niece to Disney World as her gift for graduating high school. It was a plan in the making since we went on our honeymoon in Disney in 2007. We stayed at POP Century from 06/23-07/06, which I have to say I absolutely loved the hotel. I would never stay at another All Star and would pick POP over them anyday. I will say this though, I will NEVER go back to Disney again for that time of year. The crowds were so good until around July and then it got crazy.

We live in Folsom, PA right outside of Philly. My name is Courtney (25), my DH is Mike (23) and DN is Chynna (17). Here we are at Chynna's graduation:

DSCI0011.jpg

So I guess that’s all you really need to know before I start. Some of the pics you will see will not have Mike in them with the characters. This is because he was taking the pictures! So he claims he was not on vacation because you can’t see him anywhere! So here we go!!!!

Tuesday 06/23/2009 DEPARTURE DAY!!!!

I can’t believe it’s finally here. It felt like it was going to take forever until this day got to us. Me and Chynna had been talking about this trip and counting down for so long and it was finally here. We had set out alarm for 4:30am but I was so excited I started poking Mike at about 4:15 to get up. That night before me and Chynna both took Tylenol PMs so we could get to sleep. Well Chynna took hers at like 6pm and was asleep on the sofa by 8pm. So me and Mike decided to just head to bed early. So anyway, we got up and I had to call my dad to get him up. Well he wasn’t supposed to come over to get us until 4:45. I think he got to us by 4:30 and we were ready to go.

Just a side note, I was devastated leaving my two dogs, Chase and Mocha at home. The looks they gave us when we left was just heart-breaking I could have cried. But my dad was taking care of them so I knew they would be in good hands.

So anyway, we were off to the airport by 4:45am. We made a stop at Wawa for my dad to get himself some coffee so he could wake up. Well Philadelphia airport is only 10 minutes away from our house, right off of I-95, so we were there by 5am! We checked our bags at the curbside checkin with Southwest. The man that took of us was so polite which was a shock for the Philly airport. We got inside and got right in the line for security. We get through and of course my bags go through and I see some woman waving my purse around asking whose handbag it was. I came forward and she asked me to open it. Well looks like I forgot to take out my lotion that I use in the tanning salon and it was too much liquid to carry on. No biggie, it was only a 8 dollar bottle from Walmart so I told her to trash it.

So by the time we got to our gate it was only 5:30am and our flight didn’t leave until 7:05am. We went to get some breakfast. I got a cappuccino and a crumb cake for myself and an iced coffee for Mike which cost $8 something. Chynna got a iced chai latte and a yogurt parfait which cost her $8 something and Mike got a sandwich from Burger King which was $4 I think. And this is where part of my trip report title comes in. we are done eating and just sitting and talking and Chynna asks “Do I have anything in my teeth?” let’s just say after everything we ate for the two weeks we were there, she asked this same question!!!! It drove us nuts by the end of vacation. Oh and let’s not forget 6am came around and what did I announce? “It’s time to take our Bufferin!” Let me explain…my mom is a bit nervine when it comes to getting blood clots on planes from sitting too long, so one hour before any flight she reminds us all to take our Bufferin, so of course my dad brought it over to us when he picked us up that morning! Here we are sitting and waiting at the airport:

DSCI0018.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

Southwest finally started boarding the plane and even though we were boarding group B, we still all got seats together. Chynna was in the middle. Now keep in mind, she has not flown a plane since she was about 3 so she remembers nothing and was a nervous wreck just getting on. Well our flight attendants were hysterical. They were singing the mickey mouse club ending song (“M I C, see ya real soon, K E Y, why because we like you”)and getting the kids all excited that they were going to Disney. When the plane finally started to take off, Chynna got VERY nervous. Every little noise the plane made and every movement, she would freak out. When we started to accelerate and go down the runway, she grabbed my hand and by the time we were up in the air I had white marks on my hand from her squeezing so hard!!! The plane ride was very smooth, hardly any turbulence which was nice. We got the usual airplane cinnamon graham cracker cookies and a bag of pretzels and our drinks. Next thing you know the plane is landing and it was only 09:10. we were supposed to land at 9:35!!! So we were again ahead of ourselves which also seemed to be another theme of this trip. We walked down to the Magical Express counter and there was not one person in line anywhere. Usually you still have to go to counter and check in and give them your magical express passes. But not this time! There was a CM standing there waving her Mickey hand and told us to proceed down the red carpet to the next CM. We did so and she checked us in and told us to proceed to the POP line. We got there so fast I didn’t have a chance to take a picture of it. Next thing we know, the CM at the head of the line opened the line and led us to our bus!!! No way was this happening to us! We thought this was a very good sign!

So we hop on the bus and were told that POP is the first stop! Yet even more good news! And off we go!!!! This is us on the bus ride there...

DSCI0020.jpg

By this point I was jumping out of my skin and I was waiting to see the video that they show on your way there. Well guess what?! They NEVER showed it. I was bit upset about this because Chynna had never seen it. But whatever I wasn’t going to let that ruin my good day so far. And we're home!!!!

DSCI0021.jpg

So we then arrived at POP. These are just some pics i took while we were looking around.

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Oh and let me just mention it was very hot in FL. It was extremely humid. Just to mention we were checked in at POP by 10:15!!! And let me just tell you, the CM that checked us in was HORRIBLE and NASTY! First of all she could hardly speak English and I couldn’t understand her but she was very rude also. She informed us that our room was not ready and gave us a card with a number to call to check. She gave us our package that was waiting and never gave us pins. So I asked her for one and her response was “Well what do you need that for?” I told her that we put on our reservation we were here for Chynna’s graduation. She looked at me, smiled, and said “Oh Congratulations”. After I was done checking in, I realized that she never asked me to pay for the refrigerator we had on our reservation and I also noticed that inside of our packet were “Celebrate” pins anyway! I ended up going back up a few minutes later and got another CM and she took care of writing on Chynna’s pin what we were there for plus letting me pay for the fridge.

So since we were at the hotel so early and our lunch reservations were not until 2pm, we had no idea what to do. We decided to just head to the POP food court and get a snack to eat because we hadn’t eaten since like 6 that morning. This was us sitting in the food court. Lovely pics of us right?!

DSCI0025.jpg

DSCI0026.jpg

So we went and got our 3 free mugs that were included with the Deluxe Dining Plan and I got a bag of chips, Mike got a chocolate cake, and Chynna got celery and carrots with dip. The mugs would have cost us $41.51 and the snacks would have been $10.30. (just so you know we kept track of what everything cost so that we would see if the DxDP paid off.)

I'm going to finish up here for now, until I get more pics loaded up on photobucket because they are taking forever. But i will continue soon!!

Jerm

I never noticed the statues of Pluto and Mickey and Goofy and Huey, Duey, and Louie and Daisy before - where are they?

They are back in Camp Minnie-Mickey. The Mickey, Pluto and Goofy are in a small area between the entrance and exit of Lion King and the Ducks are as you are walking in to the right near a little stream. They also used to have jumping water near them, but that got shut off a while ago.

snookie5605

Original Poster
Day 4 june 26th epcot

DAY 4 June 26th- EPCOT

So today was EPCOT. We got up around 6:45 since we had breakfast reservations at the Princess Breakfast at 8:15am. It looked like we weren’t the only ones that did because there were tons of people who were there really early. At around 7:50 or 8, they finally let us into the park. I remember there was this one family that had like 10 people with them. The father took off like he was in a race and left the mothers and the babies behind. I don’t know where he thought he was going. We all had reservations and you wont get in before anybody. This became a trend among other people at Disney. It seemed like everyone was always in a rush. And let me just say, the hike to get to Norway from the front of the park is CRAZY. We were exhausted by the time we got there and it was only 8 in the morning. So we got there and got in line for our picture with Belle, which you get for free, in case anyone didn’t know that! Then we got seated. The way this place works is that they have the cold buffet that you can get up and get your bagels, toast, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, etc…

DSCI0306-1.jpg

DSCI0307.jpg

and then they bring out your hot plate that you can get refilled as much as you like. The hot plate had bacon, sausage, eggs, and some really good cheesy potatoes.

DSCI0309.jpg

When we got back to the table after getting our cold stuff, Chynna was surprised to see we had gotten her the pop-up centerpiece for the table, which was really cute and only $5!

DSCI0308.jpg

The total for the breakfast was $105.41 plus tip and plus $6.38 for the centerpiece. But on the dining plan it was 3 credits total.

Soon after we sat down, the princesses started to come out. We were right near the door that they came out from, so we got them all right away. There was Sleeping Beauty, which is Chynna’s favorite.

DSCI0310.jpg

Snow White….

DSCI0312.jpg

Ariel….
DSCI0313.jpg

Cinderella…which I was pleasantly surprised to see. I didn’t think she came to this one.

DSCI0311.jpg

So after we got our pictures with all of them, we got up to leave. And once again, the speed demon guy was also leaving and was on a mission again. Well looks like he couldn’t get anywhere because the park wasn’t even open yet. And yes, as you may have guessed, we made it for “ROPE DROP EPCOT 2009, DUM DUM DUM!!!!” The CM that was near this rope drop was funny. He decided to put the rope down and told us to pretend that it was still up and not cross over it. Well this wasn’t pleasing the speed demon, cuz he was just itching to go. Then it came and they did an actual countdown over the loud speaker, from 10-1 and then we were off. And so were the hundreds of people coming in from the front entrance!!!! It was a mob scene, cuz we all know where everyone was heading! SOARIN!! Again we were beat by the time we got there. It was another hike! And it was extremely humid that day. So we got to SOARIN, along with speed demon. The wait was only 10 minutes so we figured let’s just get on now and
forget the fastpass. Well speedy man was getting a fastpass, so that was our goodbye with him! Seriously, I have never waited such a little time to get on that ride. Chynna had never been on it, so she was so excited to see what it was all about. Of course it was awesome and she loved it! She couldn’t stop talking about it all day. After this, they had a mission. They wanted to go do Fast Track and Mission Space. Well I don’t do those rides, so I parked myself in the shade and waited. While I was waiting I got myself a frozen cappuccino at the stand near Innoventions. It was OOP and the cost was $4.75. Well I was waiting and waiting and waiting and they still weren’t back. I was waiting so long that I was considering going in Ellen’s ride just to waste time. Then the sky got dark. A storm was a comin! So I took off and went to stand under the front door of Innoventions. Then the rain came and so did the crowds. We all ran inside and stood there for what seemed like at least 30 minutes. All the while, Mike and Chynna are still nowhere to be found. The rain stopped and I headed back outside and sat on a wall and waited some more. I heard some people saying that Test Track had shut down due to the weather, so I was like great! Then after two hours of waiting, they finally appeared. I was fuming and kidding around with them. Actually I was kind of worried, I thought something had happened. They were in line for Test Track and it shut down right before they got on. So they went on Mission Space and did that.

Just to throw this in, Mike stopped and got two waters, which OOP would have cost $5 but it was 2 snack credits. So now we headed to Ellen’s ride and did that. I have to say, after doing this ride 5 years in a row, it gets kind of old. The coolest part of it is the animated stuff where you go through the jungle. Chynna wasn’t too thrilled with this ride either, plus it’s really long! So then we headed over to The Seas. We got in line to do the Finding Nemo ride. Well this is where we encountered the really rude Brazilian group in red t-shirts! They were all in line behind us and there was this little old lady with them who was about 4 feet tall. Well she kept on trying to budge ahead to get to the rest of the group. Nobody was together, they were split up all over the line, so she really did not
have to get in front. So while she was bobbing and weaving to cut in front of us, the three of us formed a wall and would not let her through. UNTIL SHE PUTS HER HANDS ON MY WAIST, PUSHES ME ASIDE, AND CUTS IN FRONT!!!! I was so mad and went off, saying out loud that she better not touch me again. Well of course, they didn’t know English so it was a wasted rant that I had. So she cuts in front and kept on going and going, skipping right over the rest of the group. She went all the way to the front of the line! We couldn’t believe it! So anyway we get on the ride, Chynna had to sit by herself. This ride is also kind of corny for 3 adults, but whatever we did it.

We then went exploring in the aquarium part. It was cool because today there were dolphins and sea lions out. The dolphins were awesome. They would swim right by the window and do flips as it was going by, like he was putting on a little show for us. Well at this point, we left and decided to go over to the World Showcase. Our goal for lunch was to eat around the world. Well I have to say, we were pretty pathetic with this. Our first stop was at Mexico. We stopped at that little counter service place and got a churro, coke, and 2 conga drinks.

DSCI0314.jpg

DSCI0315.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
day 4 continued...

The churro and coke would have been $5.25 but were 2 snack credits. The congas were OOP and cost $4.99 each. We split the churro since it was so big. We then went inside and got on the 3 amigos ride.

DSCI0316.jpg

DSCI0317.jpg

DSCI0318.jpg

DSCI0319.jpg

We were looking for hidden mickeys on the ride, but the only one we spotted was in the smoke near the restaurant. We saw this little guy along the way…

DSCI0322.jpg

After this, we headed to Norway.

DSCI0338.jpg

Here we got the chocolate sweet pretzel and the school bread.

DSCI0325.jpg

DSCI0326.jpg

The OOP cost would have been $6.75 but it was 2 snack credits. And the school bread was AMAZING! Then we headed to China.

DSCI0328.jpg

DSCI0340.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster

Here we got 2 egg rolls and I got the green mango iced tea which is my favorite drink ever!

DSCI0336-1.jpg

DSCI0337.jpg

The egg rolls would have cost $4.25 but were 1 snack credit and the iced tea cost me $4.25. along the way we also got 2 sodas and 2 waters which were all snack credits. We also stopped at Germany for a pretzel. It was huge so we all split it. That would have cost $4.50 but it was 1 snack credit. We stopped in Morocco to look around.

DSCI0343.jpg

DSCI0345.jpg

DSCI0348.jpg

We found some hidden mickeys along the way…

DSCI0329.jpg

DSCI0341.jpg

DSCI0342.jpg

We also stopped in China and got some of these lovely pictures…..yes that’s my husband and I am so proud! Don’t ya just love his face that is making!

DSCI0334.jpg

DSCI0335.jpg

Chynna also got herself a little Buddha because she wanted to get something from her country, or so she calls it! She even told the people at the register that her name was Chynna. They didn’t believe her. We stopped in Italy, of course and got some gelato.

snookie5605

Original Poster
still on day 4

DSCI0339.jpg

This was OOP but I don’t remember how much it was. We just had to get it because Chynna was obsessed with it after we ate at Tutto. Me and Mike got chocolate and pistachio mixed and Chynna just got her pistachio. Then we headed to England where we looked around for a little bit. We didn’t get anything to eat here but we did find some cute things. Here is a hidden mickey on a book…

DSCI0366.jpg

And I just thought this was cute, it’s the Beast’s rose from Beauty and the Beast..

DSCI0366.jpg

We also found these guys hidden in the back of the toy store. We had a blast with them. They were so great. Eeyore grabbed me and hugged me. Tigger pointed at our shirts because of the Phillies. He also was playing around with Chynna because he was signing her autograph book and her pen had like little jingles in it. So while he was signing he thought it was funny to dance to the pen. And then I told him that she has been singing his Tigger song the whole trip. So he grabbed her and started dancing and bouncing around like Tigger does. It was so cute. This is them dancing…

DSCI0370.jpg

DSCI0371.jpg

We then headed to France. We got a sugar crepe here and water. This was counted as 2 snacks but OOP it would have cost $6.75.

DSCI0350.jpg

While we were in France, we just happened to come across the street show. These guys were great. They were balancing on chairs and doing acrobats. Very funny and very good!

DSCI0357.jpg

DSCI0365.jpg

DSCI0361.jpg

By this time it was only like 5 and our dinner reservations at Le Cellier weren’t until 8:40. This was the only one I could get and I have never eaten here before so I had to go. So Mike and Chynna decided to head back and go do Test Track. I waited at that shop near Canada. I sat on the benches outside. And then I sat, and I sat, and I sat. And guess what, it was like de ja vu all over again. Another storm came! So I headed into the store
and waited it out. Then I see Chynna and Mike come running inside. They were soaked! They took so long because test track shut down again! And then when it re-opened, they decided to get into the single riders line because the wait was too long. So we ended up sitting a little bit longer. We sat and talked and I called my parents. And then around 7ish, we headed back over to Canada.

DSCI0374.jpg

We knew we were really early but we had nothing else to do. So we checked in around 7:30 and were told we couldn’t get in until our reservation time because they were completely booked. This was fine, I understood that. So we sat on the ground and looked through the hidden mickeys book and talked and waited and waited and waited. We were afraid we wouldn’t be hungry but from us waiting so long, we were starving. Then we heard that they were now running 20 minutes behind! So by the time we got called it was 9pm!!! We were a little annoyed but whatever! So we got seated and had this waiter that was sooooo weird. He kept on calling Mike Boss, Me Lady in Red, and Chynna Princess. I definitely think he was flirting with Chynna because everything she did, he said something cute about! But anyway… we all decided to go with the cheddar cheese soup. Thank god we did because this was probably one of the best things I have ever eaten. It was delicious, especially if you dipped the pretzel bread into it!

snookie5605

Original Poster
last one for day 4

DSCI0376.jpg

DSCI0375.jpg

I apologize too because I think from us being so hungry, we started eating most of our food before we took pictures, so you are going to see half eaten food! Mike got I think the New York Strip, which had the potato gratin with it. He really liked this.

DSCI0377.jpg

Chynna got the coffee rubbed Kansas City steak with the cream cheese mashed potatoes. We all tasted those and they were delicious and Chynna loved her steak. She said the coffee rub was really good with it.

DSCI0378.jpg

I got the sautéed gnocchis. Now you have to know me to know that gnocchis are the only food I will get if they are on any menu. I absolutely love them. Whether it’s the Italian in me I don’t know. But I can’t get enough of them. These were so gross I cant even explain. I think maybe it was the pesto sauce because it had a lot of herbs in it. Too many I think. But here is a picture.

DSCI0379.jpg

Now for dessert, Mike got the Chocolate Moose, which he really liked

DSCI0380.jpg

I got the coconut sorbet, which was out of this world!

DSCI0381.jpg

Chynna got some sugar free thing. I forgot to take a picture of it, but I think she liked it. All in all, this place was really good. The OOP cost was $140.35 plus tip. But with the dining plan, it was 3 credits total. After dinner, I think we were all a little giddy because when we left the restaurant; Chynna and Mike started skipping their way through the park. We were all laughing so hard, that we almost peed our pants. Chynna even had to go to the bathroom because she was laughing so hard. We walked through the park and they were still being hysterical. Then I don’t know why, but Mike got this idea to walk really fast in front of everyone, I think because people were walking really slow. Well he didn’t just walk fast, he was like speed walking. He even pushed his way through the little thing when you leave and he completely disappeared. Me and Chynna couldn’t even walk because he looked so funny walking like this, we started laughing and again, almost peed ourselves! So yeah I think we were just being goofy because it was such a long day. We finally got home and went to bed because the next day was supposed to be Typhoon Lagoon!

KingStefan

Thanks, great report so far!

And I just thought this was cute, it’s the Beast’s rose from Beauty and the Beast..

Just wanted to let you know that you posted the hidden mickey on the book binding twice - no Beast's rose.

slacker

Haha, I'm so curious to know who your Le Cellier server was! I just got back home from working there for the year, that's funny.
That's a shame about the Gnocchi though.

snookie5605

Original Poster
Day 5

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">DAY 5 JUNE 27TH

Ok so today we were set to go to Typhoon Lagoon and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. We got up around 6. I know I know this is really early but we had reservations at 7:20! So we got on the Magic Kingdom bus and since nobody was on there, he took us right to the Contemporary, which was nice. So we went in and got in right away. As soon as we sat down, we went to get some food. Now their breakfast has the usual stuff that all of the other breakfast buffets have. This food was very cold. I guess because we were some of the first people in there, we got the stuff that was sitting out since they opened.

DSCI0383.jpg

DSCI0384.jpg

DSCI0385.jpg

As soon as we got back to the table, Goofy was coming around. Now let me say, this Goofy was completely either out of it or hung over. He was just walking around, not even there. He would go up to people for pictures and not even touch them. It was weird. Usually Goofy is tripping over stuff and running and getting very into character. As you can see from the picture, he didn’t even touch Chynna.

DSCI0386.jpg

So he only saw a couple of tables and then went into the kitchen. Then all of a sudden he comes back out, running, he tripped over the steps, grabbed his napkin and did his dance. It was soooooo obvious that it was a different one! I don’t know how some of these kids don’t catch on, especially since none of the princesses look the same! But anyone, he was funny. Then came out the usual that we have already seen a million times by now!

Donald…
</H1>
DSCI0389.jpg

Minnie…who by the way was very tiny!

DSCI0388.jpg

Pluto….

DSCI0390.jpg

Mickey….

DSCI0387.jpg

This meal was nothing special, especially since the food was cold. We were really fast too. We got in and out of there within like 20 minutes! The OOP cost would have been $86.24 plus tip, but it was only 3 DDP credits.

So the original idea was to go to Typhoon Lagoon today. So we headed down to wait for the buses at the Contemporary. We waited for a few minutes and the Blizzard Beach bus came. We looked at each other and decided to go there instead, since it was already here and was empty. So we went to Blizzard Beach. We waited in line for a few minutes outside of the park, got in, and guess what, “ROPE DROP BLIZZARD BEACH 2009, DUM, DUM, DUM!!!” yes we made it to yet another rope drop. It’s cool being there so early though because we were waiting right on the bridge where you can see Summit Plummet in the distance and the lifeguards test it out before the park opens. So we were all entertained watching them. Now we had a game plan in motion. We were to go in and head to the left towards the wave pool so I could find myself a seat since I don’t really do water parks. We got there and I got a seat right at the water at the wave pool. We got three chairs and I also got an upright chair so I could sit and put my feet in like I was at the beach! So they left me and took off to go to Summit Plummet. I relaxed and took some pictures, called my parents, read, people watched, tanned. I was trying to watch for them and I spotted them waiting in line up there.

DSCI0393.jpg

DSCI0396.jpg

snookie5605

Original Poster
Day 5 cont

DSCI0397.jpg

Then maybe like 45 minutes later, they came back. They couldn’t stop talking about that ride. They absolutely loved it. They said your butt actually lifts off of it because it is such a steep drop. They said it’s also cool while you’re waiting up there because they could see every park in Disney. They saw the hat at HS, the castle at MK, animal kingdom, and the ball at epcot. So they reported in, took some bathroom breaks, and took off to go do some more things. They came back a little bit later and we all went in the lazy river. Mike and me got a twosome float and Chynna got one by herself. So we floated around and of course all those two did was complain. It was too slow and too boring for them. I was like listen guys, this is what I get to enjoy at the water parks, shut up and just relax! We had a good time though, especially when I was steering us out of the way of the fountains and stuff. I’m not a big fan of getting splashed in the face or getting my face wet. Like I don’t go under water at all, so waterfalls and fountains are not my thing. But it was a very long and relaxing ride. Then we went back and got in the wave pool. Of course Mike and Chynna went all the way to the front where the huge wave comes out, but I stayed back some. Then they left me again so I went to lie out some more. Then it got really dark and looked like a storm was coming. It got really windy too. So I gathered up our stuff and headed for shelter. I actually just stood back some, close enough to the chairs that I could run and get them back if it passed and close enough to shelter if it started to downpour.

Well the storm was holding off for the time being and then Mike and Chynna came back. They had enough of Blizzard Beach and we were all starving, so we decided to head back to POP. It was probably around 12ish. We went back to POP and got some lunch. I don’t remember what we got, but the OOP cost would have been $42.54 but it was 3 DDP credits. We also got 3 Caribou coffees, which OOP would have been $12.75 but were 3 snacks and we got another 3 drinks for the room, which OOP would have been $9.33 but were 3 snacks. So at this point we decided to head back to the room and relax because we had dinner reservations that night at Narcoosee’s. I think Chynna may have gone to the pool for a little bit but I don’t remember. We went back to take a nap, that’s all I know! Our reservations were for 9 that night, so we left for the Grand Floridian around 7ish. This is me and Mike’s favorite restaurant in all of Disney. We went for our honeymoon, our anniversary, and now again. They have the best food, great service, they are a little expensive but so worth it. So by the time we got to the Grand Floridian, we walked around for a little bit. We headed over to Narcoosee’s to sit outside for a bit and look at the beautiful view on the water. I guess maybe around 8:30; I went to check in at the podium. I have always requested a window seat and have always gotten one. So I did it again, but she said she couldn’t do it that night because they were so booked. Ok that was fine, we could just go outside to see Wishes when it started. So I went back outside to wait and I guess our buzzer went off maybe 10 minutes later. When we were being seated, we ended up at the second to last table in front of the window near the back door where you can go outside. So we got our window seat anyway!

Chynna was so excited to eat here because we told her how good the food was. Mike is also obsessed with their surf and turf and that’s what he always gets, so he convinced her to get that. Our waitress was very nice. She was talking to Chynna about college and congratulated her. She was talking to us about how the majority of the people that seemed to coming down to Orlando this year were from the Pennsylvania area. She was just really good! So on to the food, the best part!!!! Sorry guys but we were so hungry and so excited for this place; I forgot to take pictures of the apps. But Chynna got the mussels, which she absolutely loved. I got the crab cakes, which I always get. They are sooooo good. Mike got the fried shrimp, which he said were very good too. Also let me note, their bread here is very good. The butter has like sea salt on top of it, which gives it a really good flavor. So then onto the meals. Mike and Chynna got the surf and turf….

DSCI0401.jpg

I got the crab-crusted halibut. Now last year I got the crab crusted yellow fin snapper. That was really good, but the halibut. WOW! That has to be the best fish ever. It tasted like chicken. It was really thick and just delicious. Sorry it has a bite out of it!

DSCI0400.jpg

Then for dessert, we all got the gelato sampler. This had pistachio, chocolate, cappuccino, and raspberry.

DSCI0404.jpg

Chynna’s came out looking extra special. This was really nice of the waitress!

DSCI0403.jpg

DSCI0402.jpg

As soon as the gelato came out, Wishes was starting, so we headed outside to watch. Again, they were very good. This actually turned out to be the only time we saw them during the trip. I get all teary eyed every time I see them though. Ever since Mike proposed down there and that night we were watching Wishes for the first time. It gets me every time. The part that gets me the most is when the little kid is talking about dreams coming true and when Mike proposed, that whole day was just perfect and my dreams have come true by marrying him! So anyway, enough of my gushiness!

The meal OOP would have cost $227.78 plus tip, but it was 6 credits on the DDP altogether. So after our meal, we headed back to POP. By the way, Chynna couldn’t stop talking about her dinner. She loved it. We were even trying to think of a way to get back there, but we never did. We got back to POP and hopped in bed, preparing ourselves for the best day ever…..MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom