‘Glow With the Show’ Ears Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall

rodserling27

small update:
Glow with the Show ears are out of stock all over property. Will be for quite some time.
Sold out even the transfers from other parks outside FL.
How is that possible? I saw maybe 10 people maximum with those things on last week over three nights at MK and one at DHS.

ItsTiggerTime

I went up on wednesday and saw one hat all day...literally one...however I did go up knowing that my parents had just gone up last weekend and said the only place they were able to buy one was by waiting outside Fantasmic for the carts to pop up after a cast member tipped them off that it was the only place they could get one...needless to say they were extremely happy

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Out of curiosity - is this still being offered at HS and MK? Tonight at Fantasmic I counted 20 glowing ears and they were all grouped in the back and none at wishes (if it is offered for that)

BwanaBob

When they HAVE to give them away to make a special promo film it totally wrecks the buyers predicted sell-through figures.

I think I heard that was also a problem with the RFID+ capabilities causing cancer in California's lab rats.
They only gave away 600 for the MK event, and 600 for the Studios Opening.

1200 had barely a dent in the total amount of units that were bought over the last 4 months.

BwanaBob

How is that possible? I saw maybe 10 people maximum with those things on last week over three nights at MK and one at DHS.
MK has been out of them since around Wednesday the 8th (no backstock). Same property wide.

I don't want to argue what the 'perception is' while in the parks based on what each individual sees. They sell very well.
I'm merely reporting that they have been more successful at WDW than DL, and that WDW has sold through even the transfers from DL and DLP.
There are a LOT on order, and will not be in the parks again until around March.

BwanaBob

Out of curiosity - is this still being offered at HS and MK? Tonight at Fantasmic I counted 20 glowing ears and they were all grouped in the back and none at wishes (if it is offered for that)
Glow with the Show is not going away... they are continuing to add more entertainment to the offerings.
Also opening the door to further tech ideas to come.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Glow with the Show is not going away... they are continuing to add more entertainment to the offerings.
Also opening the door to further tech ideas to come.
They spent a small fortune on infrastructure for them. Though obviously not as much as they thought they'd make back.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They only gave away 600 for the MK event, and 600 for the Studios Opening.

1200 had barely a dent in the total amount of units that were bought over the last 4 months.

I stand corrected.
MK has been out of them since around Wednesday the 8th (no backstock). Same property wide.

I don't want to argue what the 'perception is' while in the parks based on what each individual sees. They sell very well.
I'm merely reporting that they have been more successful at WDW than DL, and that WDW has sold through even the transfers from DL and DLP.
There are a LOT on order, and will not be in the parks again until around March.
That is good to hear.

I like the glow ears and am happy they are doing well at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom