‘Glow With the Show’ Ears Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall

BwanaBob

Press/media event for MK later tonight (Tuesday 11/5).

If you plan on going to MK in the evening, the HUB will probably have limited accessibility due to VIP sections.

Plan on seeing about as many Glow hats as you did with Fantasmic.

Should be a fun night.
BTW, bring a jacket... gonna be windy.

rangerbob

I purchased the hats when I was at DL in July. I wore them the 1st day that we were at WOC on July 3. I think we were the only non-cast member to be wearing the hats. I never brought them back during the 5 days we were there. They are heavy and kill the batteries real quick. Will I bring them with me to WDW, don't know yet.

G00fyDad

I purchased the hats when I was at DL in July. I wore them the 1st day that we were at WOC on July 3. I think we were the only non-cast member to be wearing the hats. I never brought them back during the 5 days we were there. They are heavy and kill the batteries real quick. Will I bring them with me to WDW, don't know yet.

Until they get more applications for the GWtS hats I will not bring mine back. They are bulky and uncomfortable to wear. It would be different if they had it set up sort of like Disneyland where the ears changed to different colors depending on where you were, and even if the lights danced with the music. For example, it would be cool if they set it up to have the ears change to blinking colors of each country's flag colors when you are walking around WS.

rangerbob

I also forgot to mention their design flaw. I tried with numerous hats and found the least problematic hats. The power button is difficult to turn on and off when you want it. You have to touch the button on the ear just right for it to work. I popped open the ear hoping that I could unsolder the button and change it for a switch but their circuitry wasn't the greatest and I couldn't figure out where to go with it. I may need to take another stab at it at some point.

Furiated

What switch on the ear? The only switch I have is the one inside of the hat next to the battery compartment.

I thought I read that they changed the design slightly from DL to WDW. The DL ones have a switch outside of the actual hat, underneath one of the ears.

Maleficent88

I'm sorry for bringing this back up and if it has already been posted, but a CM told me that MSEP will interact with the ears starting in January. Can anyone confirm this?

BwanaBob

I'm sorry for bringing this back up and if it has already been posted, but a CM told me that MSEP will interact with the ears starting in January. Can anyone confirm this?
Transmitters have only been installed on Main Street from Emporium to the Hub, to include the Hub. Anything outside those areas and not in "line of sight" will not work.

I have seen nothing communicated that would support this.

PolynesianPrincess

So I had my first experience with Glow with the Show ears this past weekend during Wishes at MK. My initial reaction to them was that they would be distracting and take away from the show going on. My reaction after seeing them in person is the same. I was unlucky enough to be stuck behind 2 people wearing the ears during Wishes on Sunday night. They were both my height or taller and I really had nowhere else to stand without trying to fight through the crowd on Main St. They were VERY distracting for me. I do not like them AT ALL.

ToTBellHop

So I had my first experience with Glow with the Show ears this past weekend during Wishes at MK. My initial reaction to them was that they would be distracting and take away from the show going on. My reaction after seeing them in person is the same. I was unlucky enough to be stuck behind 2 people wearing the ears during Wishes on Sunday night. They were both my height or taller and I really had nowhere else to stand without trying to fight through the crowd on Main St. They were VERY distracting for me. I do not like them AT ALL.
This is Disney's plan--slowly they will phase out Wishes altogether and we will just gather every evening to watch (and star in!) Glow with the Show Nighttime Spectacular.

PolynesianPrincess

This is Disney's plan--slowly they will phase out Wishes altogether and we will just gather every evening to watch (and star in!) Glow with the Show Nighttime Spectacular.

Honestly, this wouldn't surprise me with their track record. Why should they spend money on fireworks when they can earn money having people buy light up ears and all stand around and look at each other while the lights flash to music! Woooooo!!

BwanaBob

small update:
Glow with the Show ears are out of stock all over property. Will be for quite some time.
Sold out even the transfers from other parks outside FL.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can confirm this. Nothing available until mid-March.
When they HAVE to give them away to make a special promo film it totally wrecks the buyers predicted sell-through figures.

I think I heard that was also a problem with the RFID+ capabilities causing cancer in California's lab rats.

WDWLover#1

The Glow with the Show idea doesn't work. At a time you're lucky to see more than 10 people using them. Other people has had this idea before but instead of buying them why not include them in your hotel package. Each family gets a free pair of hats. For everyone else, and for the sibling crying because they only got one free pair and she wants one as well, keep selling them at the shops. That way at least u have a good amount of the audience at one time using the ears. I suppose it depends on whether or not u want to carry them round all day though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom