‘Glow With the Show’ Ears Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall

Sped2424

...but fewer locals who come back with the ears they've already bought.
We'll have to see if this catches on properly.
Yeah but the locals didn't really bring em back at disneyland. I think the type of tourist that WDW gets the ears will do way better apparently they already are selling more than they did at Disneyland. Plus Whenever tourists make their repeat visits they bring their hats and trinkets saw these cool Japanese tourists that were like walking donald duck plush museums every single type of plush for donald they had on them.

Sped2424

Have you ever been to DL?

They wear far more disney gear there.. including hats. It's not even close
I think you can ask almost every person there that the hats didn't catch on the way they wanted em too at disneyland, I remember reading a couple mice chat articles confirming this as well. but ok.

ABQ

Well, if they are uncomfortable and a nuisance to wear, even if they were free, few would wear them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think you can ask almost every person there that the hats didn't catch on the way they wanted em too at disneyland, I remember reading a couple mice chat articles confirming this as well. but ok.

The Glow with the Show hats have not caught on... but it's because of the product itself... not because of the reasons you suggest (DLR people don't wear the hats.. don't bring them back.. etc). The DLR folk buy the ear hats by the boat load - they just don't generally like the glow with the show hats. Probably a lot of it has to do with them being ugly, and expensive.

Sped2424

The Glow with the Show hats have not caught on... but it's because of the product itself... not because of the reasons you suggest (DLR people don't wear the hats.. don't bring them back.. etc). The DLR folk buy the ear hats by the boat load - they just don't generally like the glow with the show hats. Probably a lot of it has to do with them being ugly, and expensive.
The reason I suggested wasn't because of them not wanting to wear hats but that the tourists over here are more into buying these types of merchandise, maybe you should check my original post.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The reason I suggested wasn't because of them not wanting to wear hats but that the tourists over here are more into buying these types of merchandise, maybe you should check my original post.

Which is the same thing.. you say they don't buy this Disney merch.. which if you have had any idea of what walking through Disneyland was like.. you'd know how completely backwards you have it. The DL crowd is going to be far more covered in Disney merch - including hats - than you'd see waltzing around WDW.

It's almost scary...

TP2000

They aren't any really much different than the other mickey hats... which to most people are uncomfortable as well :)

It's the crown of the hat that makes them so uncomfortable. They have the battery pack and electrics in the top of the crown, making for a flat top that crunches down on your skull and sits there precariously. You have to use the chin strap to keep it on your head, which makes it even more uncomfortable.

For those like me with perfectly proportioned and elegantly shaped skulls, it's just a pain to wear. So I don't.

And yes, West Coasters go in much bigger for Disney apparel and Disneyland themed outfits than their counterparts east of the Rockies do at WDW. It's not even close. What'cha think @raven24, do we even dare bring up the concept of the Disneyland Social Clubs here? Or maybe we don't mention it, lest we totally blow some East Coast minds? :cool:

Californian Elitist

It's the crown of the hat that makes them so uncomfortable. They have the battery pack and electrics in the top of the crown, making for a flat top that crunches down on your skull and sits there precariously. You have to use the chin strap to keep it on your head, which makes it even more uncomfortable.

For those like me with perfectly proportioned and elegantly shaped skulls, it's just a pain to wear. So I don't.

And yes, West Coasters go in much bigger for Disney apparel and Disneyland themed outfits than their counterparts east of the Rockies do at WDW. It's not even close. What'cha think @raven24, do we even dare bring up the concept of the Disneyland Social Clubs here? Or maybe we don't mention it, lest we totally blow some East Coast minds? :cool:

Oh, you mean the Neverlanders, Hitchhikers and Wonderlanders? Maybe we should! LOL, I've scared some people here. I mentioned Disneylanders like to nickname the face characters and people freaked.

TP2000

Oh, you mean the Neverlanders, Hitchhikers and Wonderlanders? Maybe we should! LOL, I've scared some people here. I mentioned Disneylanders like to nickname the face characters and people freaked.

Sure, the Neverlanders, the Hitchhikers, and the Wonderlanders. Don't also forget the Wig Wags, the Main Street Elite, and Walt's Wonderers. Disneyland Social Clubs... they make a tourist wearing a MagicBand and Glow With The Show ears look like a Universal Passholder who thinks Disney World is only for bratty kids. A tourist wearing Glow With The Show ears just isn't that dedicated to the place, really. :D

Oh, heck, East Coasters just make sure you are sitting down... here's a taste of the Disneyland Social Clubs who hang out at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.

The Neverlanders
tumblr_mqnu2ijWVA1svd54mo1_500.jpg

The Wonderlanders (or just two of them, plus an innocent civilian tourist)
tumblr_msh2jxCynu1svd54mo1_500.jpg

The Main Street Elite
tumblr_mpjpym5qqe1rsvs22o1_500.jpg

watermark.php

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Sure, the Neverlanders, the Hitchhikers, and the Wonderlanders. Don't also forget the Wig Wags, the Main Street Elite, and Walt's Wonderers. Disneyland Social Clubs... they make a tourist wearing a MagicBand and Glow With The Show ears look like a Universal Passholder who thinks Disney World is only for bratty kids. A tourist wearing Glow With The Show ears just isn't that dedicated to the place, really. :D

Oh, heck, East Coasters just make sure you are sitting down... here's just a taste of the Disneyland Social Clubs who hang out at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.

The Neverlanders

The Main Street Elite

watermark.php
The first picture looks like a mixed group. I see several clubs. So what exactly do these clubs do? Just friends who visit the parks in their "cuts" (sorry love Son's of Anarchy)

Californian Elitist

Oh, heck, East Coasters just make sure you are sitting down... here's just a taste of the Disneyland Social Clubs who hang out at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.

The Neverlanders

The Main Street Elite

watermark.php

I think I will start my own social club. It will be called Fantasyland Fairies.

We can't forget those who get big tattoos of their favorite Disneyland attractions.

image.jpg

I was in line for Mansion one day and saw a guy with a seriously detailed tattoo of the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. It was insane.

Or what about the pin traders who set up meetings spots in the park, with tables and boards to trade with others? Gotta love those guys.

TP2000

The first picture looks like a mixed group. I see several clubs. So what exactly do these clubs do? Just friends who visit the parks in their "cuts" (sorry love Son's of Anarchy)

Oh, you're right. That's a mixed group in the first pic. It must have been a Social Club Summit.

The various Disneyland Social Clubs generally hang out with their groups in both parks. They have their own niches and areas of the parks they hang out in. Many of them seem to have a corner of the Mad T Party where they drink and dance. Otherwise, it's mainly just cruising around and hanging out in their groups on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons, sort of like high school kids cruising in their cars. Except the Social Clubs are mainly people in their 20's and 30's, and they are known by their personalized Club vests. To get invited to join a Social Club and be able to wear a vest is sort of an elaborate and magical process that seems to be one part Fraternity Rush Week, one part Secret Ballot, and one part being "our kind of person" like the local Elks Lodge membership council.

Some of the Social Club members are young families and the kids get in on it too. All of them are locals, and it's a uniquely SoCal thing where locals exhibit their intense personal connection with Disneyland and Walt Disney's dream.

A few of The Hitchhikers - A Family Affair (Hi Walt! Thanks for the park!)
IMG_20130727_175326.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom