‘Celebrate the Magic’ Nighttime Show Coming to Magic Kingdom

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Oh, here's where I drop a tidbit of news, but have been told WDW has been contacted about hosting some large groups of scary GOPers (yeah, that's political ... it'll be gone by morning, even though it is simple and jest) starting Sunday due to some 'wittle tropical storm that looks like it will be a hurricane with Tampa in its sights come late this weekend.

Don't make me call a campaign rep and district chairperson here to head down! ;)

puntagordabob

I would love to see if Disney can name a new nighttime show (or cruise ship!) without using any of the following words or variations thereof -- let alone a combination of one or more of them:

Celebrate
Dream
Fantasy
Imagine
Magic
Memory
Wish
Wonder

World Of Color

puntagordabob

A shocking turn of events here. In Florida, a good show gets turned into a better one (by dumping the blurry in park pics) while in Anaheim, they just kill the show. For once, Florida gets the win.

Dont feel too bad for them out there at DL.. they will likely get something brand new..... and if you have ever seen their "Remember Dream Come True" fireworks you already know that their show rocks!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I will say I'm slightly worried that they are going to take the current show, cut out the photos of guests, slap in pictures of Disney characters exactly in their place, and say "Here you go, a brand new show".

True ... but at least they realize they are wasting a great technology on a largely mindless show with pics of strangers (that you can't even make out anyway). Hopefully, and I haven't heard any buzz on this, this will be better.

Oh, here's where I drop a tidbit of news, but have been told WDW has been contacted about hosting some large groups of scary GOPers (yeah, that's political ... it'll be gone by morning, even though it is simple and jest) starting Sunday due to some 'wittle tropical storm that looks like it will be a hurricane with Tampa in its sights come late this weekend.

Why are they scary? Are they going to completely overhaul TDO as we know it?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Dont feel too bad for them out there at DL.. they will likely get something brand new..... and if you have ever seen their "Remember Dream Come True" fireworks you already know that their show rocks!

Them? I go to DL almost as often as WDW, so I never thought of it as "them". ;)

And I'm sure DLR will get something cool, and I do like RDCT (although I actually prefer Wishes) very much. I'm still happy that WDW will be getting an updated (or all-new) version of a very popular and enjoyable show.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Really? No one really cared for it here. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though, and I'm glad MK is getting something new!

Yep, it wasn't popular there. Can't figure out why. But then again, I can't figure out a number of phenomena that happen at DLR. To each their own.

JillC LI

Sounds cool. I have to go check what time to look for the show when we're at the MK on 12/15. Is it usually right before Wishes?

wannab@dis

True ... but at least they realize they are wasting a great technology on a largely mindless show with pics of strangers (that you can't even make out anyway). Hopefully, and I haven't heard any buzz on this, this will be better.

[political crap snipped]

You do realize that most of your devoted groupies join with many others that praise this show? You're going to be pretty lonely out there hating on MM&Y.

They're updating the show, apparently with improvements, and removed the one part many found less than stellar. Doesn't sound like cost cutting you have been predicting!

Californian Elitist

Yep, it wasn't popular there. Can't figure out why. But then again, I can't figure out a number of phenomena that happen at DLR. To each their own.

I don't think the concept appealed to Disneyland guests. Not to mention Fantasmic! is a big deal at DL and people were most likely grabbing a seat for the show, like they always do.

wiigirl

Anyone know where I can get my hands on an audio file of MM&Y?

I dunno....been trying to find that myself :p
75.gif

Tom Morrow

In the same way that the show Aqua Teen Hunger Force renamed itself "Aqua Something You Know Whatever", this new show should be called "Magic, Memories, and You Know Whatever"

luv

Once again.... the new show is BEFORE Wishes. Wishes will CONTINUE to play as before.

Work is being done on projector locations and other infrastructure and software for the new show. Then it'll play like MMY.

WIshes is still Wishes. Not Dreams. Never was going to be either.
Thanks. :)

I don't think I'll relax for about two more years.

Disney adding something good without taking something better away...it's just so unlike them. I don't trust it. Yet. But glad to hear Wishes is safe for now. :)

...and I didn't see it earlier in the thread. I did look. Must have missed it. Sorry.

luv

In the same way that the show Aqua Teen Hunger Force renamed itself "Aqua Something You Know Whatever", this new show should be called "Magic, Memories, and You Know Whatever"
Was that the show with the naked doll and the guy who lived in the toilet and someone who said "ouchies"?

Eta: No. The show I was remembering was Action League Now. I'm good with adult shows, but not as good with kid stuff. I only know kid stuff from the 70 and 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom