‘Celebrate the Magic’ Nighttime Show Coming to Magic Kingdom

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone know what they will be doing from Sept. 3rd when the show closes until Nov. when the new one opens? Does that mean no show in that time frame? I'm a liitle bummed we get there Sept. 15th.
They may turn on the projectors and let people make hand shadow puppets on the side of the castle. I hear there is a CM from hall of presidents who does a mean Abe Lincoln with just his thumb and 3 fingers.

Seriously, I hate it when that happens. They opened the second Dumbo and the queue area the day after we left this year. Something to look forward to for the next trip.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Anyone know if CTM will have ending pyro? Hopefully new/more pyro.

How long will CTM be?

I'm a little shocked that DL is ending their MM&Y, I wasn't expecting that.

I'm not shocked. The show was a disaster over there and not anywhere near as popular as it was here. They used the Small World building, not the castle and it's just not very impressive.

TalkingHead

Good to know that this one wont include guest photos:

PH.jpg

What a response. "[O]ur emotional connection to some of Disney's most magical film moments and memorable characters." Written like a corporate robot.

WDW1974

What a response. "[O]ur emotional connection to some of Disney's most magical film moments and memorable characters." Written like a corporate robot.

True ... but at least they realize they are wasting a great technology on a largely mindless show with pics of strangers (that you can't even make out anyway). Hopefully, and I haven't heard any buzz on this, this will be better.

Oh, here's where I drop a tidbit of news, but have been told WDW has been contacted about hosting some large groups of scary GOPers (yeah, that's political ... it'll be gone by morning, even though it is simple and jest) starting Sunday due to some 'wittle tropical storm that looks like it will be a hurricane with Tampa in its sights come late this weekend.

sponono88

A shocking turn of events here. In Florida, a good show gets turned into a better one (by dumping the blurry in park pics) while in Anaheim, they just kill the show. For once, Florida gets the win.

They are killing the Magic Memories and You but the projection shows will continue at Disneyland. There's a christmas show every 15mins during the holidays, and they also have projections during the fireworks.. so at least the projectors will still be used and won't go to waste!

luv

Is this a cool, new and improved pre-show or is this them combining a good pre-show with a few fireworks and getting rid of the awesome fireworks?

I have feared since MM&Y started that it was the beginning of the end of good fireworks.

Californian Elitist

A shocking turn of events here. In Florida, a good show gets turned into a better one (by dumping the blurry in park pics) while in Anaheim, they just kill the show. For once, Florida gets the win.

The show isn't even popular in California, like it is in Florida. Trust me, the majority of guests at DL won't care. Californians aren't losing anything.

Mikester71

Instantly liked MM&Y when we saw it for the first and only time during our March 2011 trip. As soon as I got done watching it, I turned to my wife and said I can see this becoming bigger and better in the future, for sure. It is something that looks SO cool when you are there live and it can be changed to integrate just about anything Disney wants it to without having to physically change anything other than the projection itself. Heck, they even used something similar to it at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert this year on the front of Buckingham Palace while the pop band Madness performed "Our House" on the rooftop. It was really cool.

Can't wait to see how they change this up over the years on future trips! :)

Tom Morrow

Gotta say that the picture aspect was the only part of MM&Y that I didn't like. This should be an improvement. I don't care about the show that much either way though.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The show isn't even popular in California, like it is in Florida. Trust me, the majority of guests at DL won't care. Californians aren't losing anything.

I loved it at DL because I could watch the show with no crowd, so I'm aware of the lake of enthusiasm the show generated in Cali. Doesn't change the fact that WDW is keeping something that DLR isn't. That is a rarity. If you believe it's because MMY is simple better at WDW, then we have another rarity.

KCBroadway

I'm hoping this new show will use some elements from the new show in Disneyland Paris. It does the same projections, but it's a much more involved show. Check out this amazing video!

Timothy_Q

I have watched Disney Dreams in person and I have to say I'd prefer for the projections and the fireworks to keep on being used on two different shows. The show IS pretty spetacular of course, but there's so much stuff happening on the projections and the fountains that you end up not paying much attention to the fireworks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Once again.... the new show is BEFORE Wishes. Wishes will CONTINUE to play as before.

Work is being done on projector locations and other infrastructure and software for the new show. Then it'll play like MMY.

WIshes is still Wishes. Not Dreams. Never was going to be either.

Californian Elitist

I loved it at DL because I could watch the show with no crowd, so I'm aware of the lake of enthusiasm the show generated in Cali. Doesn't change the fact that WDW is keeping something that DLR isn't. That is a rarity. If you believe it's because MMY is simple better at WDW, then we have another rarity.

Really? No one really cared for it here. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though, and I'm glad MK is getting something new!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom