¿Is Cinderella's Royal Table "worth it" for non-kids?

WDW John

Original Poster
My wife and I already have ADRs or PS or whatever they're calling it these days for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. We'll be joined by my mom and it being a character breakfast isn't really a selling point for any of us.

I'm curious if all the positive talk is just 'cause it's a character breakfast or if the food is actually worth the (fairly high) expense. Is it simply a good breakfast with characters walking around or does other stuff go on, too.

Any info/opinion greatly appreciated. We have a few months in which to cancel if we need to so let us know what you think.

Thanks in advance,

IMHO, the food is mediocre. IMHO, the characters do not interact as much when the table is adults only. It is nice to be able to see the inside of the castle though.

ToTBellHop

IMHO, the food is mediocre. IMHO, the characters do not interact as much when the table is adults only. It is nice to be able to see the inside of the castle though.
The dinner is nicer for adults-only groups, since the food is significantly better and there are fewer kids.

tirian

Dinner is the only good mealtime for adults. I don't recommend breakfast at all because their goal is to get you in and out within 30 minutes. The servings are small and mediocre, and the princesses dash around the room.

Yeah, dinner is much better. :slurp:

Phonedave

I don't think breakfast or dinner is worth it WITH kids.

Breakfast was like speed eating.

My kids did like it, because of the whole princess and castle thing, but as far as food quality and service related to price, I was not happy.

-dave

Lee

Adventurer
These days? No thanks...not worth it.

Couple years ago? Before it became a cursed, god forsaken character meal disaster that needs to be banished straight in to the pit of fire? Yes. It was great then.

Yeah...I kinda hate character meals...especially when they do a hostile takeover of the MK's signature restaurant.:fork:
God...MK needs a Blue Bayou in the worst way...

rsoxguy

I think that the only thing that justifies dining in the castle is the ambiance of being inside of the Magic Kingdom's centerpiece. The room itself and the windows with their view are all very nice. With that said, I believe that the meals are steeped in mediocrity for the prices that are charged. Consequently, it always breaks down to personal preference and choice.

WDW John

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. You've helped us change our decision. It's too bad, the thought was nice...

Phonedave

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. You've helped us change our decision. It's too bad, the thought was nice...

For you, your wife, and your mom, I would save the coin and do something else together.

The thought is nice, somthing to share, somthing together, and something that is very Disney (eating in the castle)

Why not look into taking a tour together. The steam trains tour or the keys to the kingdom come to mind. Me, I am partial the the Segway tour, but I don't know anyones physical abilitesin your party

-dave

DizneyPryncess

I personally loved the Princess Breakfast - my husband & I went on our honeymoon. We have no kids, it was just us! However, I love Disney Princesses, loved the experience of eating in the castle, and loved the service we got. (Because we were on our honeymoon we got a window seat and a table that was decorated for us.)

The whole thing was very magical for us. That said, I agree that the food is mediocre. If you aren't all about the characters & princesses, I would skip it. It is expensive, and not something I'll do again for a while. It was a nice start to our morning though.

LoriMistress

DH and I went to CRT for breakfast and we enjoyed it. The food wasn't bad, the character interaction was good, but you're really paying for the atmosphere.

epcotWSC

Dinner is great there, especially if you have reservations for around 8:30, you can see the fireworks from in the castle. The food is also much much better at dinnertime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom