Votes: 10 22.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

TomDisney

Original Poster
OK...I know it's early for this, but maybe some folks over at Disney might just see this and take a few hints and put some of this in place for the upcoming Holiday season...

Last year, I was fortunate enough to visit Disneyland in December...and do they go all out for the holidays over there!!

The haunted mansion is turned into "The Nightmare Before Christmas" featuring Sandy Claus and the entire crew.

New fireworks shows are put in for both Disneyland and California Adventure (LuminAria). Both of these shows were fantastic. I especially liked the DL show which featured snow blowing throughout most of the park after the show while they played Silent Night.....

Anyway, I'd love to get some discussion going on what things people would like to see WDW do since by comparision, WDW doesn't even come close to our California couterpart....
:)

DisJosh

I think Disney is all set for Christmas. Thats the best season to visit. The parks look awsome...the decorations are ALL over and outstanding. And I believe the idea was that if the Nightmare Before Christmas HM in DL went over well that they would do the same thing in WDW. So what more could ya want? :)

TomDisney

Original Poster
I don't know....I think WDW can do ALOT more....especially MK. Basically, once you get off Main Street, there is hardly a Christmas decoration to be seen. In DL, they decorate the castle, Main Street and decorations can be seen all over the park.

MGM obviously has The Osborne Family lights..can't argue with that one. Of course, they had to move the Christmas tree outside the park cause of the big hat now in front of the Movie ride.

And the two night shows with holiday music are something to see. I definatly had a great holiday spirit walking out of DL but I didn't have quite the same feeling walking out of MK. :(

Don't get me wrong, I like what they do, but they can do so much more and I'd love to see them go that little extra....and if anyone says anything about budget cuts!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :hammer:

Wishingtree

Christmas at WDW is great!!!! I agree that the Nightmare Haunted Mansion would be cool (and I believe there was a rumor of a WDW mansion makeover next). And they also don't redo It's A Small World. But if you have never been, GO!!!!!

MK does the Very Merry Christmas Party. A Christmas parade, snowing in the streets, hot chocolate and cookies, a Country Bears Christmas show, special fireworks and a lot more.

Epcot has something different for each of the countries traditional celebrations, the candlelight processional w/guest narrators each night, special music (last year was Cast in Bronze). :sohappy:

MGM has the Osborne lights and all resorts are decorated for the holidays. I know I have probably missed a lot, but this is off the top of my head. It is definately a worthwhile trip, especially since it is not that crowded after Thanksgiving weekend.

Jim

CaptainProton

Lol Just Imagine if they were to redo Its a Small World Christmas Style! How cool would that be! All the dolls wearing Santa Claus Hats...

:xmasmile:

Jodigrl328

I LOVE DISNEY AT CHRISTMAS!!! It is the best time to go. Not during Christmas week but the week after thanksgiving to the week . It is so festive. I wouldn't go any other time of the year if I had a choice. I think they should add fireworks at MGM though!!!

bearboysnc

DL has it all over WDW.

THe IaSW makeover is so cool. They re-theme each area to show how each country celebrates the season. I would think it would be harder to re-dress WDW because of all the water. DL is just a flume.

The mansion makeover was SO COOL too. (huge Nightmare before Christmas fan here) And they decorated every square inch of New Orleans Square. And almost EVERY merchandise location through out the park.

Toontown was my favorite. Each Building had a garland themed to it. ie: Goofy's Garage had a garland with steering wheels and liscence plates. The Bank had large coins. etc.

Luminaria at DCA was my favorite. Each day children were asked to draw what the Holidays meant to them. Then the pictures were projected like giant christmas cards along with a firework display. My neice was so excited to see her work displayed in front of so many people.

It was the best Disney Christmas EVER!

disneydudette

:mad: I hate Christmas at WDW :mad:

I sooooo wish i went to Dl and not DW.......

Resorts are ok......especially the wilderness lodge..most set up a tree and decorated the main buildings....

MK- A christmas tree in front of main street and wreaths decorated along the way.....a show in front of the castle and a parade......Mickey's very merry Christmas Party ends before the actual Christmas Week.....Themed Country bear jamboree.....besides that MK was the same ol thing.....

AK- don't know... didn't go

MGM- Christmas tree in front......OSBOURNE LIGHTS!!! <---- Best Christmas thing at WDW...Snowed in "New York" but besides that MGM was the same

EPCOT- Christmas tree.....countries were sorta themed for christmas but not really.....not not not really.......Candle Light pressional was nice.....but not for small children.....

It was way overpriced to see the WDW with pine trees and wreaths......Crowds can be a killer..... If u do go to enjoy the so called Christmas spirit.....I agree to go before the official Christmas Week vacation!!

Mikey4WDW

WDW at Christmas!

I guess that I don't make a good critic. I have been to WDW at Christmas and loved it. I thought that it was decorated very well. I am a Disney finatic and Christmas is no different. I do think that "A Nightmare before Christmas" Haunted Mansion would be awesome if done right.:sohappy:

Lance

WDW has plenty of decorations, so that's not a problem, so I voted for the HM change for the holidays.

I love WDW at Christmas, I hate snow, and in Orlando, on different occaisions, I noticed it can get pretty nippy out during the nite. I love wearing shorts and a T-shirt during the day and freezing my off in the same attire, once it get's dark..........no really I do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom