What should I do?

Pioneer Hall

I have to make a hard decision and I would like you guys to help.

Right now I can't decide where to stay. We are booked at a Garden Room at the Contemporary for 129 a night. For 119 a night I can stay at Wilderness Lodge. Which resort should I stay at?

monorail256

I picked Wilderness Lodge cus... well its different... now on the other hand.. if your room was in the tower.. I would definately stay at the Contemporary just for the view. But from your previous avatars.. I know you like the Contemporary... so maybe you should stay there.. hey the way I look at is.. they are both deluxe resorts!! :D

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by monorail256

perhaps we all take this advice and become travel agents.. lol could you imagine how much you'd save after a while.. ahhh :D

It is the only reason we never became DVC members. But it is a lot of hardwork...you got to make sure your clients love their vacation so they come back. But it also the reason I know a lot about the tourism part of the "World". I just can't choose here (even though I know a ton about the resorts). That is why I am asking others to help.

Upvote 0

Maria

I have the solution! How many nights are you going? Do half and half! :D
Also, if you get the travel agent´s discount, then ask for the Animal Kingdom Lodge too! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
I have the solution! How many nights are you going? Do half and half! :D
Also, if you get the travel agent´s discount, then ask for the Animal Kingdom Lodge too! :animwink:

That isn't a bad idea either. Last time I checked they wanted 132 for a standard room at the AKL. I am also checking the boardwalk. I really wanted the Polynesian but it was 166 a night, and I just can't go for that now. Maybe one year!!

I also want to check with them, because the prices seem to be much cheaper If I check in on the 25th instead of the 24th of August. AKL was 113 a night if I check in the day later but 133 if I check in on the 24th.

I will post the details as soon as I get off the phone with Disney.

Upvote 0

Shannon_Yensid

well

my favorite hotel was always the Contemporary (but we're DVC members and don't stay there much), anyways, it's just at such a perfect location, but i think i like the idea of staying at both hotels...we did that once, but it was four hotels (CM discount, we were at boardwalk, contemporary, beach club and the polynesiania (sp?))

Upvote 0

Disneynut

Definitely I would go with the Wilderness Lodge. I think the Garden Room at the Contemporary is really nothing special. The theming esp. the pool and the geyser at WL are incredible.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
I think I figured it out...

I think we are going to spend 3 nights at Port Orleans for 74 a night. Then we will move to either the Polynesian or Yacht/Beach Club for the remaining 6 night.

This change would only cost us 20-50 dollars more than now, and would be a lot nicer.

So what do you think??

Upvote 0

cm1988

Good plan!

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
...3 nights at Port Orleans... move to either the Polynesian or Yacht/Beach Club for the remaining 6 night...
That could work out really well for you. While you're staying at Port Orleans 1) ask for the "Riverside" section, which has a more-extensively themed pool and food court. 2) use the free boat shuttle to cruise to Downtown Disney one evening.

Then if you're especially fond of MK or want to stay in the largest rooms, move to the Polynesian. Otherwise, I'd stay at the Beach Club (or Yacht Club) and enjoy walking distance to Epcot, a boat shuttle to Disney/MGM Studios, and all of the clubs and restaurants right there at the Boardwalk.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Re: Good plan!

Originally posted by cm1988

That could work out really well for you. While you're staying at Port Orleans 1) ask for the "Riverside" section, which has a more-extensively themed pool and food court. 2) use the free boat shuttle to cruise to Downtown Disney one evening.

Then if you're especially fond of MK or want to stay in the largest rooms, move to the Polynesian. Otherwise, I'd stay at the Beach Club (or Yacht Club) and enjoy walking distance to Epcot, a boat shuttle to Disney/MGM Studios, and all of the clubs and restaurants right there at the Boardwalk.

Enjoy!

I have stayed at both Port Orleans Resorts, and know plenty about them so that won't be a problem it is the other resorts I will now have to choose between.

Upvote 0

Huggups

Definitely the Wilderness Lodge! I'm staying there in December.:sohappy: If it was a choice between the Wilderness Lodge and a tower room at the Comtemporary that would be harder choice. Some of the Garden Wings are situated too far from the main lobby of the hotel and the restaurants:(

Upvote 0

LoriL

Are you traveling with kids? If you are, I'd go for the Polynesian for the resmaining 6 nights. Monorail access, great theming, close to MK, walk to TTC and from there you can go anywhere. Plus great new pool, etc. You know all about it!

If you aren't going with kids, go for the Yacht Club. The Beach Club is just as nice, but attracts mostly families with small children. The Yacht Club (I stayed there with my husband and no kids and we LOVED it) is beautiful, nice large rooms, great garden views, excellent restaurant on site, plus we walked to Epcot every night for dinner. You are also near the BoardWalk to enjoy the night life there. The pool there is gorgeous. The one drawback is that you have to take a bus to the Magic Kingdom, and it's simply a long journey with young children-- to and from. If we weren't going with a 2 year old this week, we'd have gone back to the Yacht Club. I'm sure you'd love it. Just make sure that you know what kind of room you are getting-- I read somewhere else that someone ended up with a small room with a Murphy bed (!! I didn't know any Disney resort would do this, esp. a luxury resort-- but maybe it was a connecting room for families that wanted a living room space in the daytime, who knows). My room had 2 queen beds (that's what you want-- or a king) and it was so nice. I think that the Yacht Club also has 24 hour room service, which is a little bit better than the Polynesian, that stops at midnight. you also will run into fewer famillies at teh Yacht Club. It is a more sophisticated setting, sort of like a laid-back Grand Floridian.

Sorry to ramble-- hope this helps!!!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Contemporary for 129 a night. For 119 a night I can stay at Wilderness Lodge.

$129 - $119 = $10

$10 = 4 Mickey head bars

But I would have said WL even if it were more $$. Contemporary is good, but garden is not as jazzy as tower.

You'll never know you're in Florida--there's not a palm tree in sight!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom